Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 13-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
EFFalcon
Last warning

Default Update

I know i'm gunna get in ИИИИ for this and told 'this should be posted in the private section', and/or this thread will be deleted, but you can get stuffed.

Just thought i'd let the members here know my moderator status has been removed due this comment RE: Fordmods drag day

"also most likely be better competition compared to the AFF drag days (less ba's lol)"

I personally find this to be ИИИИing ridiculous, i'm accused of 'bagging' fordforums drag days and promoting fordmods drag days (i've been to most of these days, competed, took photos for everyone.

i guess its a bad thing to look out for whats best for the members and ensure they get the opportunity to see all events.

Its been said by many before...... nazi's

DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 13-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Get over it john, you dont have a BA. Live with it.

Old 13-03-2006, 01:09 PM   #3
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

That is absolutely ridiculous.

You are by far the most active member in this club and highly respected. That's just pure crap. I imagine there'll be a huge uproar if you dont get it back, it shouldn't have been removed for that comment anyhow.

Saying there will be better competition isnt saying the day will be better, and it doesn't mean you're bagging out aff days either.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

I have to tend to agree, if it has happened due to that reason, that is soft as all hell! God, some people need to get a thick skin, the comment wasn't even harsh! And it is probably fair as well!

I know I certainly don't want to be up against BA/F powerhouses! Anyway, why is it so hard? He just commented on BAs?

Whats next? Anyone says anything "tongue in cheek" or mildly against the forum, then the IRON FIST gets thrust upon whoever says it.

It is unfair to do this to someone who has done so much for Eseries, and AFF. I think it is completely ridiculous, and unfounded to remove his moderator status.

Heil the Iron Fist!

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
Old 13-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #5
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Thats an absolute joke! You are to respected in this forum and by far to active and put to much time into the club and the forum for this to happen!!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
Old 13-03-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^What they said^^

I don't think John has overstepped any mark, or criticized AFF to a point requiring privileges being revoked.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
Old 13-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #7
John_LS1

ИИИИin bullИИИИ!

Old 13-03-2006, 01:20 PM   #8
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyEFGhia
I have to tend to agree, if it has happened due to that reason, that is soft as all hell! God, some people need to get a thick skin, the comment wasn't even harsh! And it is probably fair as well!

I know I certainly don't want to be up against BA/F powerhouses! Anyway, why is it so hard? He just commented on BAs?

Whats next? Anyone says anything "tongue in cheek" or mildly against the forum, then the IRON FIST gets thrust upon whoever says it.

It is unfair to do this to someone who has done so much for Eseries, and AFF. I think it is completely ridiculous, and unfounded to remove his moderator status.

Heil the Iron Fist!
Hasnt it allways been this way?

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 13-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #9
niko
likes falcon's

not your fault everyones not rich and can afford latest model falcons.

most eseries members are under 25 i would imagine lol
Old 13-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #10
EFFalcon
Last warning

competition:

E-Series Windsors running in the same class as BA XR6T's & GT's etc.
fancy suggesting something else :P
Old 13-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #11
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

I find it kind of amusing that this has happened this weekend. Given that John and myself actually drove to Adelaide and went to the AFF display at AFD and displayed the AFF banner.
Way to get a slap in the face.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #12
niko
likes falcon's

dedicated aufordforum members.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:26 PM   #13
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirl
That is absolutely ridiculous.

You are by far the most active member in this club and highly respected. That's just pure crap. I imagine there'll be a huge uproar if you dont get it back, it shouldn't have been removed for that comment anyhow.

100% agree.
Easily the most recognisable figure we have in this club.

Since my time in the club John has been, the one handing out stickers at meets promoting the club. The one organising and helping with events, The most active member of these forums and has a highly respected opinion among others in these forums.

I'm pretty sure the AFF banner was present at the Adelaide AFD thanks to John taking it over...
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:26 PM   #14
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirl
I find it kind of amusing that this has happened this weekend. Given that John and myself actually drove to Adelaide and went to the AFF display at AFD and displayed the AFF banner.
Way to get a slap in the face.
Doesn't matter. You didn't come over in a BA.

Old 13-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #15
niko
likes falcon's

i reckon coz he pinched those side skirts off someone ! john u theiven ba part man!
Old 13-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #16
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i reckon coz he pinched those side skirts off someone ! john u theiven ba part man!
Bwhahahaha some XT owner on here is "spitting chips" over it!

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 13-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #17
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Thanks for the vote of support in this thread - it disappoints me to see that such a low opinion is held of the admin team that the reason stated by EFFalcon is given credence.

Those with enough intelligence to think this through might have come to the conclusion that the reason stated in the opening post is hardly sufficient to warrant the removal of a moderator from this forum.

It is, instead, merely the final straw in a long list of actions that have not been in keeping with the standards we expect from our moderation team. There have been other examples where this action has been taken in the past and this is just a further (albeit more public) one.

It is normally our preference to keep these matters internal but as EFFalcon has seen fit to bring this into the public forum then I shall have my say to as Chairman of this site.

We have been extremely patient with this individual and he has been provided with numerous opportunities to amend his attitudes towards certain issues but as he has failed to do so the action that was taken today became the only option. It is sad that he feels it necessary to respond in this way but I guess it is easier to blame others than to take a hard look at yourself.

Notwithstanding all of the above; no one is denying that John has made a valued contribution to the forum and this sub forum in particular and whether he chooses to do so in the future is for him to decide. That he may not be suited to a role as a moderator does not preclude him from involvement in other activities associated with this site and his input into these is always welcomed.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 13-03-2006, 01:34 PM   #18
dcstraight
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rough John...very rough - I thought this kinda politics was water under the bridge...various forum members from X & Y forums go to each others events...I don't know why this has caused such controversy - we all constitute the wider community of ford enthusiasts - petty bickering I thought were days of the past *shrugs*.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:35 PM   #19
EFFalcon
Last warning

care to post the list?
Old 13-03-2006, 01:37 PM   #20
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Since you also wish to make this public and are suggesting this isnt the only thing that he has "done wrong", then perhaps you should enlighten us as to what he's done wrong.

Surely small discrepencies with him shoudln't warrant the removal of his moderator privelages when he is as active and respected as he is.

The reason everyone gives John credence is because he is as respected as he is, he is very well liked in this forum and he is one of the most active members. I think you have opened a massively huge can of worms in doing this and it wont end nicely.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #21
EFFalcon
Last warning

Reasons to keep things private: majority doesn't see whats right and wrong.
only some moderators can have opinions.
the rest no matter how active don't mean ИИИИ to the forums.
Old 13-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #22
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Russellw - I know that you probably wont tell us, but if there is a long list of things that he has done wrong, wouldn't you rather give us the information that has been used when making the decision in regards to John?

It isn't just as simple as saying essentially "Yeah trust us, what John said is the final straw, but we wont tell you anything else in regards to it, we have our reasons". And ending there.

I can at least name one other moderator who is outspoken, and doesn't ever seem to have any issues, I would hardly say John is outspoken, just someone with their own opinion which you may disagree with!

To simple disagree with someones opinion, in my mind, would not be a just reason to "dethrone" them per se. It seems like if you go against the Iron Fist, you get quietly taken out the back and "let go".

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
Old 13-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #23
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
It is normally our preference to keep these matters internal but as EFFalcon has seen fit to bring this into the public forum then I shall have my say to as Chairman of this site.

A legitimate question.

Scared of scrutiny? or what’s the reason behind this?

Old 13-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #24
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All I Have To Say Is This Is ИИИИing Stupid
Old 13-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #25
FairmontEL
Driftin shopping trolleys

this is crap the forum will be worse without you.. watch out ill get banned for no reason and now theres no one to bail me out LOL

04 BA XR6T ute
Old 13-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #26
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontEL
this is crap the forum will be worse without you.. watch out ill get banned for no reason and now theres no one to bail me out LOL
He's not banned. Big diffrence

Old 13-03-2006, 01:44 PM   #27
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

The only reason for the low opinion of the admin is of the mistake decision that has been made!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
Old 13-03-2006, 01:45 PM   #28
Grumps

Is this a Car Forum or a Nazi Soup Kitchen?
Old 13-03-2006, 01:45 PM   #29
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
competition:

E-Series Windsors running in the same class as BA XR6T's & GT's etc.
fancy suggesting something else :P
... and as you are well aware the classes were changed to provide the early Windsor owners with an opportunity to run against equal cars.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 13-03-2006, 01:47 PM   #30
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

I think it would be best if all of the facts were placed in public and the MEMBERS were given the choice as to whether or not he should be given his moderating privelages back.

Afterall the forum is here for the members, NOT for the admin team. Without members there is no need for an admin team.