Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-06-2005, 02:58 PM   #1
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

Default Dont you hate waiting....

:

Dont you hate waiting to see a Doctor. Classic example yesterday I made an appointment to see the Doc at 9am this morning. Turned up and 8.50am and told the receptionist that I was here. She took my medicare card and told me to take a seat. 9.00 came round and I am thinking thats O.K. the Doc can be fashionably late will give him 10mins. He comes out and calls someone else in. This is still OK I must be the next one in. No such luck. I finally get in to see him at 9.45am. At this stage I am one angry vegemite. Fuming actually. So I get in and he says to me "How can I help you". I quickly reply "For starters you can apologise for running late, my time is worth money too you know. I wouldnt have minded if the receptionsit had said you were running late." The look on his face was PRICELESS!!!! After thatI felt much better after that...

So I guess what do other people hate waiting for?
ferris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 03:06 PM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you order food its always a bitch. I waited for 20 mins at maccas last weekend. Whats worse is that it wasnt even busy.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 03:20 PM   #3
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Being on hold while trying to change a small detail for a BHP order. Sh*ts me no end. The last one was 25 minutes.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh yeah helpdesks are a bitch aswell.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 03:44 PM   #5
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Oh yeah helpdesks are a bitch aswell.
hey I resemble that remark! e actually we have no automated system so you always speak to someone, usually me, straight away. Anyways.

I have been put on hold a few time in the last few days, this would not be unusual except that they rang me and I was on hold from the start! :

got back to melb over an hour and a half late because they wanted to change the cabin crew on a Syd-Melb flight (international that was supposed to be connecting to other flights!)
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 04:52 PM   #6
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

I hate waiting for Packages, I'm waiting for 3 things this week, Faceplate for my phone, FPR Beanie and San Andreas for PC which I pre-ordered and I bet they're all not going to arrive tomorrow.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 05:10 PM   #7
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I'm waiting for a lower grille for the XR6 (REALLY impatient for that), but I was once waiting for a book to arrive for so long I forgot about having ordered it. Though it was quite a nice surprise when it finally arrived.

I'm also regularly left on hold with the Woolies IT and Buying & Marketing helpdesks for at least 17 minutes.
I was once waiting for them to help me for over 3 hours. If it had not been really important I would have hung up and gone home.

I'd much prefer Fairmont99's helpdesk. I wouldn't mind being "stuck" on the phone with him for 3 hours.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

What i hate more is waiting for 20 mins while they try and find my order at the other end. Then waiting another 20 minutes cos they made a mistake. Then finding out that they cant find it and the unit which Im supposed to receive tomorrow wont be here till next week, AFTER a public holiday.

Then of course the really fun bit is telling the client that they have to wait and I can't help that. It sucks.

Goddamn I hate Head Office. :
Old 09-06-2005, 05:35 PM   #9
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

I hate waiting for anything, I'm so impatient!

I was once on hold on optus for 48 mins before someone real spoke to me! I was at work, so I waited!

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 05:52 PM   #10
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Vancouver airport, I''m told there will be a slight delay as the plane im book to travel on is not working, fair enough. I then get told the plane that was coming from in from Hong Kong that was going to run me to Hawaii has just flown through a flock of pidgeons on approach and has bird strike damage, more delay. Then I get told the plane Im going to leave on just had a forklift driver put speed holes through its fuselage. All in all, I waited 8 hours to get on a plane. 20 minutes, blah, thats a heart beat.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 06:12 PM   #11
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
...Then I get told the plane Im going to leave on just had a forklift driver put speed holes through its fuselage...
ROLFMAO

I hate waiting for everything towards the end of the week, because you know if you aint got it by 5:00 friday you have to wait all weekend.

Oh, and last week waiting for ADSL2+ (hmm, 24Mb internet). Waited 5 days, then got an SMS saying it was connected (10:00pm friday) and I should call up and get my password. Called up - tech support closed. Called up saturday (got put on hold), got my account details - punched them into the modem - no sync. Called up again (got put on hold), guess what, the ADSL2+ modem I got wont support adsl2+ until the next firmware release. DAMMIT, resync'ed at ADSL1. The had to wait for some guy to email me beta firmware, then had to wait on hold forever to get resync'ed at ADSL2.

soo much waiting.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 06:20 PM   #12
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
When you order food its always a bitch. I waited for 20 mins at maccas last weekend. Whats worse is that it wasnt even busy.
Yeah or like this morning at maccas when the idiot that served me decided she'd leave the counter and not come back leaving me sitting there with no food. WTF?!?

Or waiting on the line to speak to GE Finance where your call ends up in Bangladesh or somewhere and then you have to deal with one of these idiots... Get this, I call up for a balance coz I locked myself out of the online function. They ask me a set of questions to verify who I am. None of these include my date of birth or address. The final question was what was my balance....You idiot, that's what I'm calling up for. Because I couldn't answer this...understandably coz that's what my enquiry was about. They then said I had to call back...WHAT!?!? I get told it's the privacy law. F'k Off it is idiot, I've never seen anything within the privacy act to check who I am based on what my account limit is especially when they didn't even ask for my date of birth or address or any personal details....God I hate the people working in GE.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 06:27 PM   #13
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Oh, and last week waiting for ADSL2+ (hmm, 24Mb internet). Waited 5 days, then got an SMS saying it was connected (10:00pm friday) and I should call up and get my password. Called up - tech support closed. Called up saturday (got put on hold), got my account details - punched them into the modem - no sync. Called up again (got put on hold), guess what, the ADSL2+ modem I got wont support adsl2+ until the next firmware release. DAMMIT, resync'ed at ADSL1. The had to wait for some guy to email me beta firmware, then had to wait on hold forever to get resync'ed at ADSL2.

soo much waiting
So who's your ADSL thru ? I'm still waiting for my area to get synched up for it. My modem won't reach the max speeds on it but at least it'll go higher than my current connection.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #14
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Or waiting on the line to speak to GE Finance...God I hate the people working in GE.
Yeah my mother-in-law had the exact same thing happen to her, with the same company! She was telling me about it last week... she couldn't confirm her balance (cos that's what she was ringing them about) and they wouldn't speak to her. She yelled down the phone that she wanted the supervisor. He wasn't available (on another call) so the guy said he'd get him to call back.

She specified she wanted the supervisor to call her on her work number. He left three messages on her home phone (she discovered when she got home at midnight)... I mean, wtf is that???!!!

And then when she rings back he says "yeah sure, not a problem, we are so sorry" etc. Stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 06:48 PM   #15
Spaniard

Mate, you should go to Quarantine at YMML then! They have the ticket system. Pull a number and wait for your turn. I was the only person in the queue and one of the officers was free. I thought he'd be calling my number any second but I had to wait 20 minutes before he "checked his e-mails", went for a walk to the printer and the photocopier & had a gas bag to one of the other Quarantine officers!

Mind you, I have to pick up freight and check it all in and hand it out to the drivers to do their delivery runs.
Spaniard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #16
Dez
Banned

broke my thumb at school once in PE, so left school and went to the doctors.....sitting there for roughly 2 hours while the doc treats common cold patients, and my hand is about the size of a balloon, and un-moveable. that was fun....

then the worst 1 i've had so far, did my ankle at school (what turned out to be a full rupture) at the hospital....waited about 1.5-2 hours to get into X-ray....then another 45 mins after that to see the doc with the x-rays.....now, it doesn't sound too bad...but considering I could not touch my ankle at all, and that i had to use my hands to hold my leg up, for 3 hours....my arms were destroyed.

finally get into the doctor at the hospital ( who i soon discover is a moron ). tells me to get up and walk around. "nah i can't, hurts too much, i cant put any pressure on it at all"

"its not broken"

"i didnt say it was broken, i said i cant touch it, and definitely cant walk"

"but its not broken"

****er. so he tells me to put my foot on the bed (im in the wheelchair, so a lot lower than a bed) i stretch my leg up and go to place it down, he grabs it and basically slams it onto the bed, starts wrapping it with no caution, i'm literally sweating from the pain...then he says "no sport for 2 weeks, but you can walk tomorrow"

LOL, crutches for 3 weeks, and 2-3 months physio, injections etc....and still not 100%. so much for walking the next day. lol
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 07:36 PM   #17
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
hey I resemble that remark! e actually we have no automated system so you always speak to someone, usually me, straight away. Anyways.
Reminds me of the ad on TV where the Darlek answers the phone and says Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate .........(tm).

:lookedat: :evilking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #18
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
So who's your ADSL thru ? I'm still waiting for my area to get synched up for it. My modem won't reach the max speeds on it but at least it'll go higher than my current connection.
Im through Adam internet

Downloading at around 500kb/s. I live really close to the exchange and was expecting more, but thats the best I can do with the beta firmware.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #19
Leah
www.madel.com.au

I was rushed to hospital once, with stabing pains in mu guts... couldnt stand, walk anything. The first nurse sees me and sits me on a bed in the corrodoor (spelling?) and says, a doctor will be with you in a sec. So i sit there in agony, crying and yelling. A nurse comes over like 25 minutes later and takes my blood pressue, then starts screaming for a doctor. I was like, well its about f'n time! It was all good when the drugs kicked in though! But yeah, i hate waiting for anything !!!
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #20
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
I was rushed to hospital once, with stabing pains in mu guts... couldnt stand, walk anything. The first nurse sees me and sits me on a bed in the corrodoor (spelling?) and says, a doctor will be with you in a sec. So i sit there in agony, crying and yelling. A nurse comes over like 25 minutes later and takes my blood pressue, then starts screaming for a doctor. I was like, well its about f'n time! It was all good when the drugs kicked in though! But yeah, i hate waiting for anything !!!
What was it in the end? If you dont mind me asking, obvousily something about your blood pressure sparked an alarm...
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #21
Leah
www.madel.com.au

yeah, i was a bit worried when theyre calling to get me into a bed and get fluids into me.?? hehe it turned out i had a large ovarian sist (spelling?) rupture. Felt like some buggar was constantly stabbing me in the guts. Not a nice thing to have. Oh the joys of being female.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #22
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate waiting if I have to wait for more than 10mins on business stuff,I either hangup or walk out,also hate those computer voices press 1 for??,press 2 for???,press 3 for hang up.
In some cases have gotten direct numbers so get thru to real ppl.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6

Last edited by MO; 09-06-2005 at 09:43 PM. Reason: forgot to add
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 09:46 PM   #23
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
When we last went out for a meal, we ordered, got our entrees about 20 minutes later : and then got to wait 2 hours for our meals. This was in a half full restaurant. worst service I've ever had. :
Old 09-06-2005, 10:02 PM   #24
Leah
www.madel.com.au

At my work the usual wait for an entree is 15 minutes, mains can take anywhere up to 45 minutes normally. A 2 hour wait on a meal is rediculous. I hope u got your money back!
Old 09-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #25
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

I had a mate's mate try to jump from the wharf down onto the pier at Darling Harbour. He was wearing long pants, boots and a bulky jacket. He was also still wearing his backpack weighing about 5kg.

He missed.

Hit his head on the pier. Knocked himself out cold.

He came to as we (a mate whos a surf lifey, and me: a St John Ambulance Volunteer trained in water rescue) were pulling him out of the water. Lucky for him...

He gashed open his chin and had a severe concussion.

We took him to Sydney Hospital where we went and saw the triage nurse. She said "Ooh thats a shiner, sit down lovey, the doctor will be with you shortly..."
We sat there for 4 hours with nothing to control the bleeding but a macas napkin which was blood soaked within 5 mins. The nurse wouldn't give me any gauze or a combine pad to control the bleeding because "it was against hospital policy..."

After 4 hours the doctor saw him. Didn't do an incident history or anything. Put 7 sutures in it and sent him home! Predictably, it got infected and he ended up having to sit in hospital for another 6 hours about a week later to get some antibiotics!

A total of 10 hours waiting for what if done properly should have taken 10 minutes.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2005, 12:35 AM   #26
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

It's not really waiting, but at my last place of employment I was working as a relief planner, and had to contact people to service their mobile equipment.

This truck was 2 days late coming in for work, so I rang the supervisor to find out what the story was.
This was something that was always repeated with their gear, so I decided to seek some revenge.

I set the phone on speaker witht the volume down low, and just let it ring until answered.
47 minutes later someone finally picked it up, and sounding quite unhappy, asked what I wanted.
I said I was after Mr. X, and they said he was away on holidays, so I said thanks, and hung up.

After that, their trucks turned up for servicing when they were due, and made my life much easier.......

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2005, 01:41 AM   #27
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate waiting for my microwave!!!

Story cut short:

Moving out at end of last year - gave my old microwave to my brother as I won a new one through my old work's point program (like fly buys but in the company) - ordered it in August...

October - send email to enquire about it - only just then realsied my form was sent it (it got put behind other stuff and didn't get looked at!)

Moved out in December - still no microwave, send other email. Panasonic have 'issues getting the models shipped'

February - in new place for 2 months - still no microwave - send another email to say they'll look into it again

April - micowave arives after a barage of emails throughout the last 2 months

April + 10 mins - plug it in - flick switch - CRACKLE CRACKLE BOOOOMM!!! Fuse blown, lights go out and bright sparks fly out of the microwave (needless to say - scaring the shit out of me at the time as i was holding it at head height moving it into the microwave hole) - i personally believe because it's a US model - it has been fitted for 110v - not our 220-240v system - hence blowing the fuse and killing the microwave...

2 days later - call Panasonic - who will not replace it as faulty until they've seen it (probably think I opened it from the box, hit it with a sledgehammer and then plugged it in) - they organise Toll to pick it up

2 weeks later - call Panasonic - "oh, we didn't call toll - we'll organise it now"

beginning of May - Microwave picked up by Toll

end of may - call Panasonic - "we haven't recieved it yet! - we'll call you right back after we call toll" ... no call...

last week - call Panasonic - "still haven't heard from toll - we'll call you back"
no call..

this week - call Panasonic - "oh, i just found it! it was here after all - but we have to send it to the tech department" I asked how long till they check it and organise a replacement for us "oh, anywhere between 2 days and 6 weeks - it's hard to say"

I REALLY HATE WAITING FOR MY MICROWAVE! :

meanwhile - all our chineese leftovers go to waste :

Last edited by Deadman; 10-06-2005 at 01:50 AM.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2005, 02:18 AM   #28
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Ah the microwave story was good.
In this day & age, time is valuable & patience/tolerance a thing of the past.
We're all to stressed out & caught up in our own little world to wait for ANYTHING.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2005, 08:00 AM   #29
bindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
yeah, i was a bit worried when theyre calling to get me into a bed and get fluids into me.?? hehe it turned out i had a large ovarian sist (spelling?) rupture. Felt like some buggar was constantly stabbing me in the guts. Not a nice thing to have. Oh the joys of being female.
Yeah I've had one of those, not very nice... had this godawful pain in my stomach and thought perhaps my lower stomach was going to chuck an "Alien". It was the equivalent to around 1/3 of the way through childbirth on a pain rating (imho).

Male Dr at the hospital said "Oh it's only a cyst coming away from your ovaries" like it was nothing at all, so condescending. I'd never felt the pain before and was a bit worried, hence the trip to the hospital - I don't normally go to hospitals. In fact when I finally went the other week, they had my old address on file (I moved from there 2 years ago).

I've been there plenty of times though for the kids! Jesus, the amount of times I've had to wait and wait with things that were quite serious, yet with things that I didn't consider TOO bad, got put straight in?!

Most ridiculous one recently was when my daughter got a small piece of glass in her foot. I managed to get most of it out, but a small piece broke off inside (cos she moved)... so off to the hospital cos she couldn't walk and it was too late for the local GP (closed at 5pm). Waited for 2 hours. Finally saw a Dr, he sent us off for an xray(?!). Waited another hour longer and then he said "Well the xray showed nothing there, but sometimes with glass you need an ultrasound and the department's closed (?!). I'll go get a set of (can't remember the name, those glasses with a light on the top and magnifying glasses in the lenses) and see if I can get it out".

Sure, I say. He came back saying "Oh we don't appear to have any of those, you'll have to go to your local GP"... then proceeded to ask me all about the book I had brought to keep me occupied while waiting.

Daughter was in absolute tears! Went to the GP the next morning, he saw her pretty quickly, could see it right there sticking out of her foot. Got it out in like 5 seconds!

Quote:
Old 10-06-2005, 08:06 AM   #30
bindi

Love the microwave one : ya poor thing! Do a bit of this to Panasonic : You shouldn't heat up left-over fried rice anyway, apparently it's got pretty sickening doses of some yerky food poisoning stuff after sitting for a bit (even in the fridge) and the microwave doesn't get rid of it all. That's what I have heard anyhow...

Quote: