Something else, please detail 3 1.35%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #151
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I voted something else.

1 word...Prohabition!

Thats about the only thing that will influence DUI statistics.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #152
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
I voted something else.

1 word...Prohabition!

Thats about the only thing that will influence DUI statistics.
As in prohibition of alcohol?

Yep, it worked so well in the 30's in the US and still works so well in PNG provinces now.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #153
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just watched that RBT show.

Two drivers:
First guy, 0.06, co-operative and remorseful, did not think he was over......$500 & 6 months
Second guy 0.145, obnoxious smartarse, did not care he was over ...........$800 & 12 months

Yep it is bloody good system......
Old 12-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #154
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Just watched that RBT show.

Two drivers:
First guy, 0.06, co-operative and remorseful, did not think he was over......$500 & 6 months
Second guy 0.145, obnoxious smartarse, did not care he was over ...........$800 & 12 months

Yep it is bloody good system......
Not sure I see where the problem is?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #155
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

The Fine should have been higher for the 2nd guy, besides that it seems about right.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #156
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Exclamation

Wow how this has turned around since i first voted..

My 2c, I have admitted elsewhere i am a little retarded when it comes to the traffic light drag..
And people have shot me down in flames because of my honesty..
The same people NOW reckon it is socially acceptable to drive UNDER .05.. Gimme a eak !!!

I will not get into a car if i have had or the driver has had even ONE drink let alone several and paused to count back to the time frame to register .05..

0 alcohol means 0 chance of clouded judgement = FULL concentration

Argue all you like fellow forum buddies ,the hypocricy here astounds even me ...

Last edited by Auslandau; 12-12-2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Language filtered
Old 12-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #157
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351

My 2c, I have admitted elsewhere i am a little retarded when it comes to the traffic light drag..
The same people NOW reckon it is socially acceptable to drive UNDER .05.. Gimme a F!^#N break !!!

I will not get into a car if i have had or the driver has had even ONE drink let alone several and paused to count back to the time frame to register .05..

0 alcohol means 0 chance of clouded judgement = FULL concentration , argue all you like the hypocricy here astounds even me ...
So you do not have a car stereo, no hands free phone and a no discussion rule in your car? All those can be more of a distraction and cause of crashes than someone that has a BAC <0.05%.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #158
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

I think the big point of the legal limit is lets not dumb the legislation down to make the worst driver in the world safe, eventually we will not be able to have a beer within 3 days of a beer, limited to 20 km/h and only able to drive during the day and in dry weather.

Lets instead improve the standard of driver so that we can all enjoy safety with the laws we currently have (maybe even relax some a bit, but not alcohol levels).

I find it very amusing that many of the regular people that complain about "nanny state" speed limits and that motorists should have greater right to "chose the appropriate speed", are the same ones saying that motorists should have no right to abide by alcohol levels and 0.00 should be the limit. So in one instance they are saying motorists should be allowed more responsibility and then in the other they are saying they are not capable and should have responsibility taken off them.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #159
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

Quote:

The same people NOW reckon it is socially acceptable to drive UNDER .05.. Gimme a eak !!!

0 alcohol means 0 chance of clouded judgement = FULL concentration

Argue all you like fellow forum buddies ,the hypocricy here astounds even me ...

Full attention, you're joking right? No one is ever fully concentrating when driving a car and anyone saying that you can in an everyday situation is just silly in my opinion.
With other people, and music etc in your car, your mind is never fully on the job.
For most people, having one light beer will do very little to add to the amount of distractions you encounter when driving. (Yes I know there are the rarities)
Keep it at 0.5 so that the people such as myself who enjoy having a drink after work still can and people such as yourself who will not touch alcohol then get in a car can continue on...

As people have said, its not the limit that needs to change, its the drivers...

Cheers
Old 12-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #160
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
You asked a question ?

You attend these traumatising incidents yet you believe it is acceptable when out with friends to drive home with alcohol in your blood stream ?
Suppose you were to confront the relatives that lost their loved ones from this disease and explained to them that you dont mind a light beer at dinner because its your luxury to ??
Time to step off your soap box champ , your credibility is heading south very quickly !

Time for you to do some research before stepping up on yours.

1 Standard drink (10g alcohol) = approx 0.02 BAC and takes an hour to clear.
1 Standard drink is = to 1 mid strength (3-4%) or 1.5 full strength (4-6%) 375 ml cans. The light beer I drink is 2.7% so at 375 ml that is approx 75% of a standard drink. Therefore I could drink 480 mls in order to reach the average 0.02 increase in BAC when compared to mid strength.

Now considering I have 2 in no faster than 2 hrs, normally over 3 hrs I would never achieve a blood alcohol greater than 0.02.

According to some here I could legally fly a super jumbo over cities with 525 passengers on board.

Quote:
Suppose you were to confront the relatives that lost their loved ones from this disease and explained to them that you dont mind a light beer at dinner because its your luxury to ??
Don't try to use a situation that you do not have any experience in. It is one of the most heart wrenching experiences in life and the fact that you have bought it up disgusts me. The fact that you think this is a reasonable example of the flaw in my reasoning demonstrates to me that you have no idea what that situation is like.

You are criticising my opinions and attacking me when the example that I have put forward and the guidelines that I impose on my self result in the same BAC as someone on cough syrup. I might also add that during work hours and in between shifts I am always 0.00 BAC, are you 0.00 in between working days. I bet there has been at least one occasion where you have had drinks the night before and then in the morning driven your car with a BAC >0.00, unless you do not drink at all.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #161
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Yeah OK ...... lets call it quits now as things are getting off track and personal. Cant keep cleaning up the thread.

Everyone has had there say and leaving things the way they are at 0.05 has had a resounding win.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread