Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
gottafocus
lovemyfocus

Default anyone fitted rear courtesy light to a focus?

has anyone fitted a rear courtesy light to a current model Focus as i find it very dark in the back for back seat passengers. i have fitted footwell lights with LED'S and they look great. if you have fitted the rear courtesy light what sort of light did you use and where did you place the light? cheers Huw

gottafocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #2
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

I haven't gotten that far yet, but I have fitted LED lighting in the boot (2006 LX Sedan). I find the lighting in there to be terrible (not as bad as the rear of car though). I used as 24 LED strip from Jaycar and just wired it into the factory wiring (and removed the standard globe so the lighting is consistent). I guess the lighting in the hatch is also bad (although not to the same extent as the lighting of the big boot of the sedan).
#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
gottafocus
lovemyfocus

thanks for the reply i will hunt some led strips down.
gottafocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #4
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

No worries - this is what I used >>>>

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...=&SUBCATID=375
Old 21-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #5
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
I haven't gotten that far yet, but I have fitted LED lighting in the boot (2006 LX Sedan). I find the lighting in there to be terrible (not as bad as the rear of car though). I used as 24 LED strip from Jaycar and just wired it into the factory wiring (and removed the standard globe so the lighting is consistent). I guess the lighting in the hatch is also bad (although not to the same extent as the lighting of the big boot of the sedan).
I'm not sure how it is in the Sedan but I assume the light is on the one side only. Did you do any wire runs so that there is light from both sides? I'm planning to do this when I have time in a couple of months.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I'm not sure how it is in the Sedan but I assume the light is on the one side only. Did you do any wire runs so that there is light from both sides? I'm planning to do this when I have time in a couple of months.
For sedan, light is at the right side (and only lights up the right side)

With the lighting I used (in link above), I bought some double sided tape and stuck it to the underside of the rear parcel shelf...it is in a place where it can't be knocked if the boot is full of stuff.

The light isn't REALLY bright like the interior LED lighting I fitted (in front of cabin), but its bright enough to light up the whole boot floor and enables you to see what you're doing.

There is actually a guy that does LED lighting in St Peters (Syd)...prices seemed to be pretty good, and I think he does installs as well...I'll have to find the link to his site (its on my work computer)

Last edited by #Russ#Es#; 21-07-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 21-07-2006, 10:17 PM   #7
BlackLS

Next time your at Ford, have a look inside a Ghia and check out the rear lighting to them.

Also, If you noticed the rectangle indent under the sunvisors, there meant to be driver and passenger courtesy lights...

For the boot, I'm thinking about putting in household 12v downlights (LED-no heat!) into the side boot trims. Will let you know how I go!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 03:24 PM   #8
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

The link I was talking about...

http://www.ledspecialfx.com.au/products.html