Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 03-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
WineAnt
Starter Motor

Default Ford TX5 - Rain Water

Hi everyone.

I've noticed that when my car is standing outside, and it's raining, it seems my '93 TX5 collects water somewhere inside.

My car isn't leaking, but when I drive it and were to stop or even quickly slow down, I can hear water moving back-and-forth in the car.

I once though it might be the fuel tank being full and all, but obviously it wasn't when I was running on empty one day.

Does any Telstar/TX5/626 owner know where our cars usually collect water in? I'm not talking about the rain drops on the car itself. Its sound like there is water collected somewhere in the vehicle itself which is moving around as I drive.

The sound does go away after some sunny days, but I don’t want my Ford TX5 to start rusting. We all know how bad that is.

Any ideas or advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks everyone!!

WineAnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
f6_typhoon
Television Sales Engineer

hey mate ive got a TX3 Laser and i think i know what your talking about. i get the same sound however ive always just assumed it had something to do with the heaterbox under the dash. im not aware of all that many areas around my car that could collect the amount of water i hear. im not overly worried to be honest.

Glen
f6_typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
dirty hands
Over Thinker

make sure all the door drains are clear

sometimes water gets past the window seals
Old 07-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
hako
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Regularly gives valued, considered advice to others. 

Also if the car is a hatchback the water can be filling the spare tyre compartment or the rear dogleg. We've just spent a weekend stripping all the trim out of a KE hatchback and found water was entering from shrunk weatherseals on both tail-light clusters and the plastic breathers on either side of the body where the tailgate comes down. Water was 100mm deep.
hako is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post