Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #1
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Ford Puma

Is this basically the EcoSport replacement?
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2020, 02:45 PM   #2
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
Is this basically the EcoSport replacement?
Technically not the replacement. The ecosport is a cheap ****box. The puma is way more upmarket. The ecosport is still in production. It’s just ford australia choosing to switch to the puma, which is miles ahead of the ecosport.

2 different classes of car though.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-09-2020, 07:16 PM   #3
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Technically not the replacement. The ecosport is a cheap ****box. The puma is way more upmarket. The ecosport is still in production. It’s just ford australia choosing to switch to the puma, which is miles ahead of the ecosport.

2 different classes of car though.
I disagree, the Ecosport was an expensive ****box subcompact that started above the price of some compact CUVs.
In comparison, the Puma is worlds apart but as usual with Ford pricing, they really pig stick the customer and then
wonder why nothing sells. They're built in West Slobodoboka for 33 Ruckles and then sold here at more than top dollar.

Last edited by jpd80; 25-09-2020 at 07:21 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-09-2020, 08:34 PM   #4
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I disagree, the Ecosport was an expensive ****box subcompact that started above the price of some compact CUVs.
In comparison, the Puma is worlds apart but as usual with Ford pricing, they really pig stick the customer and then
wonder why nothing sells. They're built in West Slobodoboka for 33 Ruckles and then sold here at more than top dollar.
Should have said cheaply made. In india. It should have been a budget suv. Cause it drove like one. As always ford got greedy with the australia tax. It was a third world market car, with a first world price. Never going to pull that off once the better competition arrived.

Puma is a first world market car and drives like it. Hopefully the drive away pricing deal from release will help it get traction here. If it does then we might get the ST version. We shouldn’t let Hyundai get in first with the N model Suv’s.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-09-2020, 10:48 PM   #5
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Should have said cheaply made. In india. It should have been a budget suv. Cause it drove like one. As always ford got greedy with the australia tax. It was a third world market car, with a first world price. Never going to pull that off once the better competition arrived.

Puma is a first world market car and drives like it. Hopefully the drive away pricing deal from release will help it get traction here. If it does then we might get the ST version. We shouldn’t let Hyundai get in first with the N model Suv’s.
Starting with a good product is essential and maybe Puma can carry the premium price.
Once again, Ford is looking to that select group of buyers who will pay extra to get what
they want, many regular buyers would ignore it but, I would take it over a CX-3 or CX-30.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-09-2020, 09:27 PM   #6
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Well, if you want to know, they’re built in the Craiova Plant in Romania.

Your post above is just disrespectful, and I won’t say what else 👎
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-09-2020, 10:39 PM   #7
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Well, if you want to know, they’re built in the Craiova Plant in Romania.

Your post above is just disrespectful, and I won’t say what else 👎
Lighten up Francis, it's called hyperbole and if the best I can throw at Ford is high priced, that's small beer.
My post above was a follow on from boss's post with a twist, most people here would have seen that, not you.