Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-03-2014, 12:07 AM   #1
austrav
Blue blood

Default Warranty ending - special service??

Hi all

I had my dealer call me to offer a special "end of warranty" service to ensure everything that needed to be done to the car was completed under warranty before it runs out.

Thoughts on this anyone? Never had this offered before. Cant remember exact price but it was around $90 for this "check".

Anyone else had this offer?

Cheers

Current rides: 2010 Falcon G6E , 2011 SZ Territory TS Diesel AWD. Before: 2011 Focus Zetec LV, 2003 XR6 Falcon ute BA. 2006 Subaru Forester X. 2003 Mitsubishi Mirage. 1979 Ford Cortina Ghia 4 cylinder.
austrav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Warranty ending - special service??

It's something that some dealers offer to see whether there are any issues which can be claimed under warranty prior to warranty expiring.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yet you wonder why normal service and test drive do not identify such things especially as a dealer ought to know the common issues with their models.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
obd

Which dealer?
obd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #5
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This sounds suss, half the time you have a battle for warranty items and they are offering a cheap inspection to identify if there are any before it expires. This goes against any of my experiences.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #6
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

1. $90 would be a good little earner for the dealership when spread over a wide base of customers.

2. Any issues that are found are charged back to Ford itself, again more $$ for the dealership.

For $90, seems to be good piece of mind, they will be going over the car looking for issues rather than just completing the usual oil/filter change and charging that as a "full service" at $300+
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #7
austrav
Blue blood

Absolutely. Weird I thought. Anyway going to go with it and see what happens. Will report back.
Current rides: 2010 Falcon G6E , 2011 SZ Territory TS Diesel AWD. Before: 2011 Focus Zetec LV, 2003 XR6 Falcon ute BA. 2006 Subaru Forester X. 2003 Mitsubishi Mirage. 1979 Ford Cortina Ghia 4 cylinder.
austrav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #8
KenN0898

I am not a mechanic but I think I would want to know how thorough the check would be, and I would want a detailed check list.

Hopefully it would be a little more than just taking the car for a quick spin around the block and then listening for unusual noises, and then checking the engine, gearbox, clutch and the braking and cooling systems for leaks.

Cheers

Ken
KenN0898 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post