Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-02-2023, 09:19 PM   #6661
SEXR6
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey guys,
I recently picked up a 2003 Ba XL Ute (factory manual) and am in the midst of getting her roadworthy and then doing a turbo conversion…
SEXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2023, 12:25 PM   #6662
Trevor Gunston
Starter Motor

Hi, Ford Territory owner here.
Trevor Gunston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2023, 10:43 AM   #6663
Drive
Starter Motor

Hi one and all Ford peoples :-)
New on the block here having just proudly bought a Mar 2010 BF Mk3 Wagon (petrol) in 09 lightning strike silver, one of the last Falcon wagons (stopped building them in June 2010 I believe) It’s all original with 200k on the clock.
We decided on the wagon as a good ol Aussie tow vehicle (looking at buying a tandem axle 1600 to 1800kg van, when we find one we like) as we didn’t want to spend money on a covid priced 4x4 when we have no plans to go off road (we did that in our younger days with a camper trailer)
Plans are to upgrade/replace the suspension and tyres and possibly the cooling (transmission and engine) systems if necessary ???
Being old school I believe the wagon in standard cooling specs may be up to the towing duties we require but would love to receive any advice from anyone who is/was towing a similar setup.
Thanks all and have a great weekend:-)
Drive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2023, 01:12 PM   #6664
Thisbe
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi - I'm just a plain retired pensioner with a 2013 Territory. Great car. Goes well. My first Ford. Nearly boulght a new Falcon back in the 70's but when the salesman asked what I had for a trade, I pointed to the Holden outside and he replied - "I'll never sell you a Ford, you're a Holden man." That was my first Holden after a Morris and a Fiat. I had no fixed ideas - just a set of wheels. So that's me.
Thisbe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-02-2023, 11:08 AM   #6665
RoxyRaider
Starter Motor

Hey everyone, hope your weekend is treating you well.
I joined this forum to connect with other 1990s Raider/Courier owners.
A couple of years ago I bought a 1991 Raider from an auction, got it running and registered on historic. Don't see too many of them around, so hoping to find some on here.
Cheers
RoxyRaider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2023, 10:31 AM   #6666
wyzawazza
Starter Motor

Red face Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Guys my grandson has fallen victim to bug called I must own a ute
in his case it a 2012 Ford Ranger PX CRD 5cyl. We are currently renewing the whole front end for RW certificate not all item where required for RW but since we have bottom half out it seem only right to do the top half as well.
wyzawazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2023, 09:57 PM   #6667
DazzabroAUS
Starter Motor

Hi all, I've been a member for a few years and have benefited from reading the technical posts.
I currently own a 1975 ZG Fairlane, 302, T-Bar, Frosted Lime.
Also a 1999 AU Falcon S and a 2010 XR50.
Daily driver is a PX Ranger XL 4x2.
DazzabroAUS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2023, 08:53 PM   #6668
Elysha
Starter Motor

Hi All,

I’m a new member joining to learn more about my car and hopefully learn how to look after/ work on it myself. I have a 2004 Ba Ford Falcon XT and I just want to be able to look after it better now that I am 7 Hours away from my father/ go to mechanic Stuart (auIILTD) who is a long time member of the forum and so I finally have decided to just learn how to do what I can myself or get advice on what to do or where to go if I can’t fix it on my own. Having a community to reach out to with any questions I have will definitely come in handy!
Elysha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2023, 10:28 PM   #6669
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysha View Post
Hi All,

I’m a new member joining to learn more about my car and hopefully learn how to look after/ work on it myself. I have a 2004 Ba Ford Falcon XT and I just want to be able to look after it better now that I am 7 Hours away from my father/ go to mechanic Stuart (auIILTD) who is a long time member of the forum and so I finally have decided to just learn how to do what I can myself or get advice on what to do or where to go if I can’t fix it on my own. Having a community to reach out to with any questions I have will definitely come in handy!
Hi Elysha, welcome to AFF.

Your father is a very well respected long-term member of AFF. His advice and the sharing of his own experiences with his cars are invaluable to this forum.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2023, 11:56 PM   #6670
Titanium72
Starter Motor

Hi all,

Just became an owner of 2017 Escape Titanium 2.0 L T petrol. I hope I have made the right choice and can learn more about my car from you members of this forum.

Cheers
Titanium72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2023, 06:23 PM   #6671
Noel1
Starter Motor

Question Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi All. I am a complete newbie. First time in a forum type discussion and in dire need of assistance so that I dont post to wrong areas / threads etc. (only got my first mobile phone last year)

Currently have a 2014 D-Max Dual Cab 3lit Turbo diesel towing a 21ft 6 Silverline Rough Road Caravan. Its a great vehicle but has no top end when I really need it. Have ordered a new Everest Sport V6 Diesel.

Can anyone who has one give me their thoughts on its towing and handling with regard to towing a van with ATM 2850kg please.

OR direct me to the appropriate thread or area of this forum please.
Noel1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2023, 06:30 PM   #6672
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel1 View Post
Hi All. I am a complete newbie. First time in a forum type discussion and in dire need of assistance so that I dont post to wrong areas / threads etc. (only got my first mobile phone last year)

Currently have a 2014 D-Max Dual Cab 3lit Turbo diesel towing a 21ft 6 Silverline Rough Road Caravan. Its a great vehicle but has no top end when I really need it. Have ordered a new Everest Sport V6 Diesel.

Can anyone who has one give me their thoughts on its towing and handling with regard to towing a van with ATM 2850kg please.

OR direct me to the appropriate thread or area of this forum please.
Hi Noel and welcome to AFF.

The best place for you would be the Everest section.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=394
Old 10-03-2023, 09:25 AM   #6673
ken64
Starter Motor

Hi All

New to AFF and have just bought a 2020 Raptor and also have had my 2003 FPV GTP-P for around 8 years. Wanting to add and do a few things to both so thought this would be the place to start. Have been working on cars (Older ones) all my life but the technology side of things I need a little help on and where to buy the stuff. First is looking for a front camera and front parking sensors setup/Guide for the Raptor
ken64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2023, 10:54 AM   #6674
Crustyvarmint
Starter Motor

Hello,
I have purchased a 2012 SZ Territory, 2.7 diesel, with 235 K kms on it.
I’ve joined the group to learn how to be more self sufficient with maintenance.
Crustyvarmint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2023, 08:52 AM   #6675
Cam72
Starter Motor

Hi all just joined, just got myself a 2002 AU3 XR6 manual Ute in Venom Red totally stock except for the exhaust witch has a nice note, looking forward to making it my own
Cam72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2023, 01:24 PM   #6676
RickJ
Starter Motor

Hi all,
New to AFF, not new to fords though.
Recently purchased 2014 SZ diesel. Here to learn abit more about and aid my own maintenance and research.
RickJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2023, 10:05 AM   #6677
kiwigander
Starter Motor

Hi All,

Reintroducing myself as my long-neglected account got cancelled. I'm based at the far end of nowhere in central New Zealand and still run a 2008 PJ Ranger SuperCab (bought new, well tray removed and tipping tray installed, otherwise 'stock', 160 000 km young).

Hoping for some advice now and then. Would like to contribute as well, though I'm about as far from being a petroldieselhead as you could get.
kiwigander is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2023, 10:49 AM   #6678
RossLKent
Starter Motor

Hi everyone. Going to collect my new Ranger XLT 2.0 ltr bi turbo this afternoon. Looking forward to being able to collect valuable tips from all you guys and may be even give some as well.
Regards
Ross.
RossLKent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2023, 11:23 AM   #6679
Des 5.4 BA
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone,
Purchased my first V8 last year, Ford BA. Long standing Ford fan. Looking forward to some upgrades to keep up with my sons Turbo Foz's, I get them in the end, but I need a longer road
Des 5.4 BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2023, 09:36 AM   #6680
jwm1944
Starter Motor

G'day,Recently joined.Fairlane NL V8.Searching for front left cornering lamp.Would be great if anyone can help me find one.I am situated on the Mid North Coast,NSW.Cheers.John.
jwm1944 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2023, 07:19 PM   #6681
Cummo
Starter Motor

Hi. I have a 2011 SZ Territory Titanium. Having an issue with the power windows. Passenger window will go down but not back up. All other windows work fine. Doesn't work from the driver's switch either.

Swapped switches around. No joy. Regulator has just been replaced a few months ago and has been working fine. Any ideas or tips? Is there a decent wiring diagram somewhere? The one on here is barely readable.
Cummo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2023, 12:30 PM   #6682
StephTheFox
Starter Motor

Hey!

I've recently bought my first car being a 2013 ford focus trend mk3 and am interested in talking to other focus mk3 owners to see what i can do customization and modifications wise to my car to make it my own!

I'm looking forward to talking here
StephTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2023, 04:39 PM   #6683
Peter Buch
Starter Motor

Hi.
I own a 6month old XLT Ranger. I look forward to talking to other owners of late model Rangers
Peter Buch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2023, 12:28 PM   #6684
PeterPetras
Starter Motor

Smile Hi, it's great to share valuable knowledge with other owners of Ford vehicles.

Here is a question for the knowlewdge gurus. How many 2010 FPV Pursuit utes were produced?
PeterPetras is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2023, 11:04 AM   #6685
GreenyXB0274
Starter Motor

Hi,
New to this forum thing, so please be patient. I recently purchased an XB ute with a 302 in it. I am looking for a mechanic to re-seal the engine sump as it is leaking.
I have put up on a friends hoist and can see the rear main is fine and I have just done the rocker cover gaskets as they were leaking a bit as well.
Any suggestions for a good mechanic around the Capalaba region in Brisbane would be appreciated.
Thanks
GreenyXB0274 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2023, 12:25 PM   #6686
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenyXB0274 View Post
Hi,
New to this forum thing, so please be patient. I recently purchased an XB ute with a 302 in it. I am looking for a mechanic to re-seal the engine sump as it is leaking.
I have put up on a friends hoist and can see the rear main is fine and I have just done the rocker cover gaskets as they were leaking a bit as well.
Any suggestions for a good mechanic around the Capalaba region in Brisbane would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hi Greeny and welcome to AFF.

Have a look through the site and try asking the questions in either the Post Classic https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Or the Utes and Vans forum https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=75
Old 20-04-2023, 05:30 PM   #6687
submacd
Starter Motor

I’m new to this forum as well as everyone else. I am the proud owner of a 1977 Ford transit, Mark 2. I called him Monty. Sadly, Monty’s time has come and I need to pass him onto a better home. Hopefully he’ll find one. Thanks for the welcome

Last edited by submacd; 20-04-2023 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Editing
submacd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2023, 10:06 AM   #6688
lamby
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - New to the site

i have a EB 6cly and want to fit a 302 windsor
are the K frames the same from 6 to 8 ( engine mounting points )
if not are there any engine mount out there that would fit
doesnt have to look nice as it going into a race car
lamby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2023, 12:22 AM   #6689
Rotten_65_Galaxie
Tyre Kicker

G'day there.

Very new to the forum thing, but I figure this is a great way to find out just how out of my depth I am. Grew up in the bush, very much a mopar guy owning half a dozen or so Valiants, before moving to the city where having more than one car was too impractical. Having spent the last 20 years driving very sensible Japanese and Korean cars, enough was enough.

Now, deep in the grips of a midlife crisis I've snapped up a 1965 Ford Galaxie with a 390 and a bench seat. I would call it a barn-find, but it didn't even have the luxury of being undercover in a barn. It's more lichen than paint at this stage, but it's complete. Having previously owned an EF Fairmont Ghia with a warm 6cyl, I was very keen to get another Ford and I think I've found the perfect project; one so bad I really can't make it worse.

Last ran four years ago, last drove maybe 11 years ago. Looking forward to this journey, and hopefully learning a lot. Thanks for having me aboard.
Rotten_65_Galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2023, 01:48 PM   #6690
kdelarue
Starter Motor

Hi -

Owned a Territory since 2016 (SZ-II), used for towing caravans; currently have a new Everest Sport 4WD Diesel on order. Interested to decide on the best setup for towing.