Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 03-07-2005, 09:12 PM   #31
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Congratulations on the time

now fix up your sig

ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 09:21 PM   #32
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
Leigh

think you need to pay a certain West Australian and a Victorian a visit when they are in sydney mate.
Rumour has it the green beast might be getting that little bit quicker sooner rather than later.

Im trying to save every last $ i get to put towards what i really want to do with the car, you boys are making it really hard to fight the temptation to mod it now.

Last edited by XRQTOR; 03-07-2005 at 09:26 PM.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 09:23 PM   #33
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Well done again Brad,we will see how you go up against the black beast up at heathcote HAHAHAHAHA.
Can't wait we all might be knocking on 12's with a little side by side action, and how crazy would it be if we did race side by side and both ran a 12 that would be fully sick!!!!!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #34
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Well done again Brad,we will see how you go up against the black beast up at heathcote HAHAHAHAHA.
Can't wait we all might be knocking on 12's with a little side by side action, and how crazy would it be if we did race side by side and both ran a 12 that would be fully sick!!!!!
Look forward to it mate....red devil v black beast...I like the sound of that!!! Be bloody fantastic if someone can pull a 12 at heathcote.....only 2 weeks to go !!

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 10:02 PM   #35
SLY XR8
Who's your Daddy now

Quote:
Look forward to it mate....red devil v black beast...I like the sound of that!!! Be bloody fantastic if someone can pull a 12 at heathcote.....only 2 weeks to go !!

Don't forget about the purple puss its been wait quitely for the 16th of july and then there could be three! in the 12's

Thats What I'm Talking About!!!!

SLY XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 10:05 PM   #36
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Now i would actually pay to see a video of that.. infact if you guys did that.. I would shout you both plane tickets here for the next meeting to come watch the phoon race.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 10:42 PM   #37
Chris
AFF.com.au

Beware the blue ute................
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 10:51 PM   #38
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Now i would actually pay to see a video of that.. infact if you guys did that.. I would shout you both plane tickets here for the next meeting to come watch the phoon race.
We will hold you to that one Simon LOL
Old 04-07-2005, 12:11 AM   #39
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We will hold you to that one Simon LOL
hahah i will hold myself to it !!!!!!

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 04-07-2005, 12:26 AM   #40
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Great news.Man that is that close to a 12 u guys should of just given the time board a little tap on the way thru.Well done guys. :voldar02:
Hi Alex, you love the bottle what have you been drinking. :baby bott
Quote:

Here are the details from each time slip in order of the runs:

60 Foot MPH ET

2.063 106.81 13.238
2.010 106.67 13.129
1.941 107.61 13.042
2.038 107.61 13.028

Brad congrats on the times Chris has your car running great guns.
Is Simon at Morepowa coming to Heathcote? there may a few throwing him the keys, very consistent & most important he didn't break anything... excellent steering..
Did you have any runs?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 01:33 AM   #41
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congratulations Brad, that is an awesome time.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 01:36 AM   #42
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats Brad yours is a very quick XR; now to get that PB up to there
Old 04-07-2005, 01:36 AM   #43
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
mixed emotions when I left the track...delighted with the time but couldn't help but think what might have been.
Atleast you drove home this time!!

I was going to head out today and watch you race Brad, however i was "recovering" from a pubcrawl yesterday.

Looks like Morpowa make thier employees take a drag racing course, damn consistant times.

Top work mate that 12 is sooooo close.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 01:45 AM   #44
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Hi Alex, you love the bottle what have you been drinking. :baby bott

Chris has your car running great guns.
?
amazing how consistant an eddited car is eh mark. Hows yours going these days? Still runing 13.4's?

Old 04-07-2005, 02:24 AM   #45
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
amazing how consistant an eddited car is eh mark. Hows yours going these days? Still runing 13.4's?
I good driver will always make a car consistent; the driver make it look good or bad.
Yes 13.5 all done with the factory limiters on, Thx for asking.
I am looking forward to using an Edit soon..
Hopefully keeping everything intact, last thing i need is a dead Auto.
Have there been any distinct problems or breakages since pushing these machines harder other than the obvious drive shafts?

Old 04-07-2005, 02:51 AM   #46
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I good driver will always make a car consistent; the driver make it look good or bad.
Yes 13.5 all done with the factory limiters on, Thx for asking.
I am looking forward to using an Edit soon..
Hopefully keeping everything intact, last thing i need is a dead Auto.
Have there been any distinct problems or breakages since pushing these machines harder other than the obvious drive shafts?

dunno mark you tell me??? I mean since you always like to go on about these "factory Limiters" would u elaberate as to what it is exactly???

So a car runing consistant power has nuthing to do with consistant times? :gren: With a manual maybe but an auto is as simple as it can get.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:09 AM   #47
SpoolMan

Quote:
dunno mark you tell me??? I mean since you always like to go on about these "factory Limiters" would u elaberate as to what it is exactly???

So a car runing consistant power has nuthing to do with consistant times? :gren: With a manual maybe but an auto is as simple as it can get.
rev limiter intact you have to beat the 5850rpm limit, with a diff gear change no Auto passes only manual shifts, i still have the hard cut the closes the T/B. thats exactly how it is. :gren:
you have a sudden interest in my ute or you want to leave this thread for Brads cars achievment.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:12 AM   #48
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
rev limiter intact you have to beat the 5850rpm limit, with a diff gear change no Auto passes only manual shifts, i still have the hard cut the closes the T/B. thats exactly how it is. :gren:
you have a sudden interest in my ute or you want to leave this thread for Brads cars achievment.
Yer your right lets leave Brads and our achievments un tainted.

So good having so many fast cars comming from the xtreme camp. GLad Brad gave us a shot at his car and made it go so much faster then it ever did.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:20 AM   #49
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I good driver will always make a car consistent; ?
Hi XRFPV8, as above i went out to air today to watch brads car run and it was a treat, in addition i purchased tickets to run the devil down the line, thought time to wet my feet so to speak, but ended up not running, still a bit nervy plus the car still has only done 500K so in chatting with Brad took his suggestion that perhaps better to run it properly first, any way it was a real buzz amongst all of the top cars out there today, and yes my head was buzzing with all of the exitment.

Driving home i got to thinking about the great runs in brads car ( good driving ) and to my mind if im right you would need to turn off everything that is going on around you and really all you should be is as at one with your car and thats it. sounds easy i suppose.

just my thoughts anyway
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 03:33 AM   #50
SpoolMan

Yes Doc, for sure take your time with street tree time wont start until you break the beam, just settle you need to work out where you want to stall, start at around 1200 to 1300 RPM work your way up eventually you will get to the point your street rubber will just break traction on take off.
If you come up against a loud noisy car let him go 1st, the noise they make mucks everything up.
Also i would put at least 3000 to 5000 klms on the clock before you start to fang it on the track, your XR8 would still be very tight..

Old 04-07-2005, 10:39 AM   #51
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Consistancy has other factors too. :,you guys have done a great job but i still bet the HP is lacking. :evil_laug
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #52
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Consistancy has other factors too. :,you guys have done a great job but i still bet the HP is lacking. :evil_laug
You know you want it Alex.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:31 PM   #53
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

dunno how u figure that one bud but anyways

Old 04-07-2005, 04:43 PM   #54
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Hey Alex horsepower , moopower who cares it's the edited cars that are running the numbers, so who cares what hp we have it's the times that count.

And l have been told l torque to much and not enough Horse'in around LOL
Old 04-07-2005, 06:58 PM   #55
rodderz

Jeez....just caught wind of this thread, what a great time

Well done to Brad, to Simon for the steer and the work on the car, and to Simon and Chris for getting some good numbers out of these car's. Not long ago people were saying these 260's and 290's were running close to their limit....not now

Speaking of 290's..... the 260's are outdoing them! Rod's got the only 12, we need more GT's breaking the barrier (hopefully no breaks anywhere else)

Very consistant times there too. Imagine the time with a "Kev-60 footer"??
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 07:13 PM   #56
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Hey Alex horsepower , moopower who cares it's the edited cars that are running the numbers, so who cares what hp we have it's the times that count.

And l have been told l torque to much and not enough Horse'in around LOL
I would love to join in but i am all TYRED up at the moment. :hihi:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 04-07-2005, 07:15 PM   #57
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz

Well done to Brad, to Simon for the steer and the work on the car, and to Simon and Chris for getting some good numbers out of these car's. Not long ago people were saying these 260's and 290's were running close to their limit....not now

Speaking of 290's..... the 260's are outdoing them! Rod's got the only 12, we need more GT's breaking the barrier (hopefully no breaks anywhere else)

Rodderz intersting you mention that i wonder how far these engines will go with just a tune and Bolt-ons.At the moment i am also suprised how well these Boss 260's are going.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 04-07-2005, 07:57 PM   #58
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

your not wrong about the 60 ft rodderz

Old 04-07-2005, 09:07 PM   #59
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:

I'm guessing a twelve point something...but I could be wrong :

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 04:42 PM   #60
Chris
AFF.com.au

Dudes,

just put new exhaust and throttle body on, going out for a skid at calder, will let u know how i go!!

This 13.45 has to go.......

McChristo