Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
RiTz

Default Visa USA

Question..... What do you think I should do?

I applied online last night for my visa which I need to travel to Hawaii next sat. It takes all of 5 mins and it's done. Did it...got it..but

I then did mums one and realized where it said city where boarding...I put Kona on my one instead of Sydney....yuh...duh!!!

Anyways...it cost $14 ..which I know isn't much.

I emailed them to ask if it was ok or if I had to do it and pay again..it's a no brainer really cuz if I was boarding in Kona I wouldn't need a US visa.

Ya reckon I should give them a couple of days? Or just suck it up, slap my forehead and do it over?

Jo
RiTz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 01:10 AM   #2
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Default Re: Visa USA

I'd give them time to reply. You could also try contacting the US Embassy here tomorrow, and asking the question.
If you apply more than once and change details, they're quite likely to pull you aside in immigration and question you.

I'm heading to Hawaii in July. Should be a good time. I already have a HUGE shopping list!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 01:42 AM   #3
RiTz

Yuh...I'm kinda leaning towards waiting a few days..I don't want dramas..I already always get pulled aside lol

This is my 3rd trip to Big Island..I love the joint!!

1st time I was there I got some real estate mags...after looking thru them..we aren't gonna by a 2nd property over here now 

I've even got friends over there...hell..I'm a local  lol

Jo
Old 18-04-2011, 04:44 AM   #4
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just give them time to respond. If the email has gone to the US then also be mindful of the time difference.
I'm currently in San Francisco enjoying the strong Aussie dollar.
Old 18-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Another vote for give them time, although if by Wednesday your still waiting you may have to call the embassy and work it out over the phone. It shouldn't be a problem but you never know.
I love the states and the locals but some can be quite thick with no common sense(especially immigration/customs). I personally know of a few guys that have been turned around and put straight back on the plane (to England) because their arrival visas were incorrect.
Its just not worth the headache after a long flight for something that is easy to work out here before you leave.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Having traveled to the US lots, and done the VISA online a couple of times, I would not worry, they last for two years, when you apply again the current one is gone. Also look at it this way, if you travel more than once, you don't have to re apply if you travel from a different port and go into the US at a different port. You also still have to fill out paper arrival cards etc as well.

Just get to the airport with heaps of time to spare and check in early, when you check in your visa is checked then, if something is wrong, then you have time to fix it.

Also just for anyones interest, you can not go to the US without a return ticket, they won't check you in without one, this is from first hand experience.
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
RiTz

Thanx everyone...I'll give em till wed pm..then try and call them thurs ..if I can't get thru I'll just do another one 

We've had issues in the past going to Seattle in the retun they wouldnt let us board cuz on the stopover on the way there the dill at Honalulu pulled our return tkt Stubbs and we didn't realize it..not only did we have to wait another 3 days for a flight ..they wouldn't give our bags back to us either cuz they had just gone thru they flappy thing...omg..I thought we were gonna get arrested they way my other 1/2 was goin off!! ( this was not long after 9/11 and they were very heavily armed at the airport) 

Lucky we could go back to the rellies place..after 2 days of phone calls we finally got someone that would listen..they called Honalulu and it was fixed in 10 mins

Jo
Old 18-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #8
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Yeah just wait it out. They'll call if they don't, I would def call.

I just redid mine. No probs, was even shocked that it lasted till Nov this year. I did mine around Nov 09.

The wife and I will be going over again in June/July. Ahhh this time in summer, last time it was really winter.
Going to experience a summer that Melbourne never had.. LOL!
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #9
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I'll be in Honolulu for Independence Day. Should be fun!!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #10
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Is Hawaii a special circumstance?

Been to the US a number of times and never had to fill out a VISA prior to leaving. Just filled out a card on arrival...?
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #11
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Is Hawaii a special circumstance?

Been to the US a number of times and never had to fill out a VISA prior to leaving. Just filled out a card on arrival...?
With the Visa waiver you need to fill out an online application now for their Border Protection people. Has been a requirement for a few years.
Old 19-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #12
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
With the Visa waiver you need to fill out an online application now for their Border Protection people. Has been a requirement for a few years.
Ah, ok. Was in Colorado start of last year so clearly came in after that. About to travel there again in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to go take a look now.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #13
RiTz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Ah, ok. Was in Colorado start of last year so clearly came in after that. About to travel there again in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to go take a look now.
Yuh..we go to the states every yr cuz my partner is American..last may was the 1st time I've had to do it.

Only takes 5 mins..but you still fill out the other cards when you get there.I love the look on ' that route virgins' eyes when you land back in aus and the cabin crew come thru with cans of insecticide (?) stuff and spray lol 

Jo
Old 20-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #14
RiTz

Soooo... I got a reply... There's an update visa section where I go to fix my mistake 

I actually went there the night I stuffed it and couldn't find a fix section..but I'll have another looky 

Jo
Old 22-04-2011, 05:49 AM   #15
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

I'll have to fill mine out soon aswell, leaving in a few weeks for LA and NYC.
Can't wait!
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #16
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
I'll have to fill mine out soon aswell, leaving in a few weeks for LA and NYC.
Can't wait!
Watch out for the tornado's, wreaking havoc at the moment.

LOL, I'll be in NY mid June to July 5th..
Do you think I can schedule a lookie around some car shows....Nope. Everywhere we are going, car shows are just in the wrong spot. Mainly a week before we get there and a few weeks after we leave (July 5th).

On a side note, going to miss an All Ford Car Show by a week.
Though we are going there for a school reunion, I may have the deal to meet Vinnie Dimartino from OCC fame. The wife went to school with Vin (same year different class). So I won't miss some Automotive talk...
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #17
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you're going to LA and NYC, then the tornadoes won't be a problem. I'm currently in New York and flew over from Vegas yesterday morning and there wasn't any problems.
The tornadoes are in the mid-east region.
Old 25-04-2011, 03:55 AM   #18
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Can't wait for this trip, will be my first time overseas.
We just had confirmation for tickets to see the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, it's going to be sweet!
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post