Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-08-2006, 01:17 AM   #61
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

ohh i am sooo doing this. I sooo want a button in the car. I gotta find a nice button thoo. haha i have noo idea on how to do this so im gonna pay someone to do it.
Old 23-08-2006, 06:08 PM   #62
AU3 HERROD XR8
XR8 M8

nah mate I reckon the good old turn the ignition is the best way to start/wake up your ride :P
AU3 HERROD XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 06:30 PM   #63
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

I dunno. seems pretty boring these days. I like the whole button idea. When ppl get in and see u push a button lol i rkn its a cool kinda way to fire the car up.
Old 23-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #64
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it would be even better v8 supercar style...not possible for a reasonable cost in an au tho...having a flick switch and then push the button instead of turn the key to on, press the button
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #65
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have done this as well,and vegabass has also done it for an EL.

I got my button from ebay for $10.00
Key also has to be in and in the on position for the car to start,is a pain as I only drive the car on w/ends and always forget about the start button.
Old 23-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #66
AU3 HERROD XR8
XR8 M8

haha that's funny how you forget about the button.
speaking of V8 Supercars i would love to have that mod where you press the button and 4 stilts lift the car up when they're in the pits. Looks very cool, would love to have them
Old 23-08-2006, 08:20 PM   #67
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

that looks really neat. So what are u saying? The button clicks in when u drive it and u push it again and it clicks out to turn it off?
Old 23-08-2006, 08:26 PM   #68
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoT-AU
that looks really neat. So what are u saying? The button clicks in when u drive it and u push it again and it clicks out to turn it off?
no,you push it in until car starts,then release it.You still turn the car off with key.If anyone else does this,ring insurance company and get approval first.I'm with racq and they had no probs with mod at all and wote it on policy so am covered in case of theft etc...
Old 23-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #69
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU3 HERROD XR8
haha that's funny how you forget about the button.
speaking of V8 Supercars i would love to have that mod where you press the button and 4 stilts lift the car up when they're in the pits. Looks very cool, would love to have them
you don't actually have a button for that, if you watch closely, they actually plug a compressed air line in which activates them...you could do it with a switch tho, you'd just have to hook it up to an air compressor inside the car, either that or a tank like trucks have with a compressor run off the engine
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #70
AU3 HERROD XR8
XR8 M8

you don't actually have a button for that, if you watch closely, they actually plug a compressed air line in which activates them...you could do it with a switch tho, you'd just have to hook it up to an air compressor inside the car, either that or a tank like trucks have with a compressor run off the engine
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, thanks for correcting me but i'm sure ive seen one where u just press the button and like u said the air compressor, inside just lifts the car, it's very cool

cheers.