Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
Cespenar
Huh?

Default P Plate Rant? Older driver rant?

I wanted to add a comment to a thread but it is closed.

I absolutely have to say this.

In Dubbo I see p platers (Yes! The drivers were young) driving XR8s. Commo 8s.
Turbo XR6s.
Asked the RTA about the law and was told it is an individual case thing. WTF?

At the east end of the big bridge there is a set of lights.
I will see about six to eight older drivers going through the red light each and every morning. (Not all at once than God). There were some police there one morning and I asked them what can be done and was told Nothing. The police have to see it for themselves.
I have been almost cleaned up about three times by the older people (20', to 40's) going through red lights in Dubbo.
When I drove in the 60's all the speeders I saw were in the bush roads or tracks. I think we had a better understanding of caring for other road users.
Sorry if this rant gets up peoples noses. Haddasayit!

Old 22-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: P Plate Rant? Older driver rant?

Join the Police Force or build a bridge.
Old 22-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
krzysiek

Or take a decent camera with you and record it with plates visible. If you see 6-8 each morning, it shouldn't be too hard to snap them doing it, haha. Otherwise, I guess there is no way for you to do anything about it.
Old 22-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
krzysiek

Maybe a red light camera there would do wonders. How about suggesting to the local council/police to put a red light camera there.

I mean, it's not every day a citizen asks for more cameras on the road. I am sure if others are in the same boat as you (about the safety of the intersection) you'll be met with support.
Old 22-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread is going to stay open....
These threads get old people and young people all upset hence why the previous thread was closed.
Use your energy to help catch these people instead of wasting it here.
Old 22-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

If a thread is closed it is for a reason, do not start another just to get a word in.

This one is closed too.