Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Default Urban Dictionary Definition of Commodore

I found this quite amusing so i though id share.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=commodore

I didnt write it so if you have a problem with it i dont really care.

1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Couldn't have written it better myself.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Works both ways, type in afew ford related models ie Falcon and see what comes up
Old 18-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
outside
off in outer space

*GOLD*
outside is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Although it handles like a bag of mollasses, this barge is worshipped by bogans for is ability to allow even physically and/or mentally disabled drivers to do burnouts
CRICKEY! Mate, I am laughing my head off! Thanks for pointing this out, you really made my day!

I must say, I am a die-hard Ford fan, although I don't like to be biased against Holden, but having to put up with young, immature biased one-eyed Holdenwoo fans around me and their statements about Ford a lot of the time make me want to laugh when I finally see a pick on Holden like this.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #6
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Thats funny as and so true

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
xbsedanman

Quote:
In 1998 the disasterous fifth generation AU Falcon was released. The new Falcon got to55er "edge" styling.
Yep, Falcon cops it too. Not surprising, the website is just a forum for someone's opinion. Which everyone has and everyone is entitled to.
xbsedanman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #8
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=2&term=falcon

Written quite obviously by commodore owners. One of their quotes to try and make the Falcon sound terrible was: my v6-commodore has a better power-to-weight ratio than your straight-6 ford
Old 18-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sorry I can't resist! I cracked up laughing reading this...
Quote:
A bogan brigade of 17 year old males in VL 6 cylinder Commodore's can be seen, frequenting 'white trash' locations, such as Car Lovers car wash's, and large fuel stations, seen with there bonnets up checking out their 15mm race leads and admiring the motor Nisan gave them. Also seen with them is their skanky skinny, blonde, 'straight from the trailer park' girlfriend, normally slapping her gf's, trying not to spill her Bundy as they arguing about who is the father of their baby
(ROFL)
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #10
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

thats getting printed out and put up on the notice board... of the holden department of coventrys haha

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #11
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Although its interesting, it's two way traffic, and merely subjective to taste/personal opinion.

The people who wrote the entries also cannot spell properly, removing all credibility.

Look at morons for instance - some people cannot stand them, but a lot of people love them.

Not many people love me though...I must be really bad.

There's probably some crap like "Found on Rubbish Dump" on there with regards to Ford.

Works both ways.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #12
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Hahaha

Funny as! Love the bit posted about the AU Falcon! hahaha

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 09:40 PM   #13
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny although the Grammar needs to be perfect for urban dictionary humour.
Old 18-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #14
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

i like that ! did you read what they said about ford :-( but the ford falcon was a classic in what they had to say about holden lol !
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 11:35 PM   #15
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=ford+falcon
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #16
xy500
Constant annoyance

that website sucks, it only shows how misinformed and stubborn people are, i don't find unbased insults that funny, almost as cheap humour as sex jokes. 'lets all pay out everyone elses car cos obviously myne is the best'
xy500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 06:33 AM   #17
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid
I didnt write it so if you have a problem with it i dont really care.
^^^^^
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #18
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
1. Ford Falcon
35 up, 7 downlove ithate it

A powerful and extremely cheap Australian rear wheel drive sedan with
a choice of a bulletproof 4 litre straight six and 5.4 litre V8.

Holden fans hate them because they have always been faster and more reliable than the Commodore. The current turbo straight six Falcon will do the quarter mile in low 13's while the Commodore V6 can hardly get out of it's own way.

The Falcon was first built in 1960 based on the Ford Mustang. In 1967 the Falcon GT was released with the 289 Mustang V8 and went on to dominate racing in Australia reaching a height in 1971 with the release of the Ford Falcon GTHO Phase3 which was the fastest four door vehicle in the world and embarassed Holdens much smaller and lighter Toranas.

During the 70's the next generation of Falcons now available with a hardtop and the 250ci six that would become legendary later continued to dominate Holden especially with the locally built Cleveland V8 which urinated all over the Holden 308 V8.

In the 80's the fourth generation Falcon was released with a much lighter and better handling body and thankfully was still rear wheel drive though Ford US had tried to push them to become front wheel drive. Sadly the Cleveland V8 was dropped in 1982 to concentrate on the 250ci. six. The 250ci was heavily reworked now with a alloy crossflow head designed by Honda. The Falcon then went on to nearly send Holden broke as while Holden had gone cheap and simply made their Commodore smaller and kept the pollution gear choked engines without updating them Ford actually bothered investing in their cars so there became the situation in 1984 that the Falcon was bigger, faster, better handling AND more fuel efficient than the Commodore. Holden was so embarassed that they had to go begging to Nissan to use their Skyline RB30 in the Commodore so they could catch up to the Falcon.

In 1988 the fourth generation Falcon was released with this generation came the return of the V8 in an imported 5 litre Windsor from America, the upgrade of the straight six to overhead cam and a partnership with Tickford which would begin the legend of the XR6.

The XR6 was the creation of the hot six Falcon with greatly improved handling and a Tickford engineering head on the trusty Falcon straight six that offered an impressive 161kw in 1991 which was embarassingly only 4kw short of the V8. During the fourth generation Holden began to close the gap by again making the car large again and swapping the peaky Nissan six for the torquey 3.8L Buick V6. Knowing the dated Buick V6 could never match the hi tech OHC 4 litre Falcon six Holden matched the performance of the Falcon bysacrificing handling so as to make their car some 200 kilos lighter than the Falcon.

In 1998 the disasterous fifth generation AU Falcon was released. Ford North America had been pressuring Australia to scrap the Falcon and replace it with their crappy Taurus despite the fact the Falcon was extremely profitable and the Taurus was a market disaster in Australia being smaller, slower and front wheel drive. Ford Australia refused to kill the Falcon and Ford North America grudgingly accepted on the condition that they get to design the styling of the new Falcon. So the new Falcon got "edge" styling. Despite the fifth generation Falcon being extremely well engineered with superb handling and a new upgraded OHC 4 litre six with variable cam timing producing an impressive 172kw especially considering Holdens SUPERCHARGED V6 produced 2kw less the styling repulsed buyers. Add to that a disasterous campaign at Bathurst at the continued use of the tired old 5 litre Windsor while Holden had gone to the imported Chevrolet 5.7 V8 and then something needed to be done quickly.

So in 2003 the brilliant sixth generation Falcon was released which so leapfrogged the Commodore that only now they are starting to catch up. The crappy "edge" styling was kicked for a return to traditional muscular styling. The Windsor V8 was retird for the new BOSS V8. The Modular block is imported from America and combined with local components including a locally designed and built DOHC to produce an impressive 302kw from a 5.4L V8 compared to a peak of 250kw with a 5.6L Windsor Stroker V8 in the last generation Falcon. The biggest news though was the rise of the XR6 to the king of the Falcon range. The SOHC 4 litre six was heavily updated and now was DOHC with DIVCT in base model form giving an impressive 190kw compared to Holdens top of the line sport supercharged V6 which only put out 180kw with their base model putting out a laughable 154kw. Ford also introduced the XR6 Turbo and FPV Typhoon with a garett turbocharger and intercooler bolted to the new straight six. The FPV Typhoon easily showed 300kw+ during development but boost was wound back significantly to only 6psi so as not to embarass the V8 Falcons but still the Typhoon produces 270kw and an amazing 550nm of torque between 2000 and 5000rpm. Not only has the turbo Falcon put V8's to shame but has utterly obliterated the ricer scene. For 20 grand you can pick up a second hand XR6 Turbo and for 10 grand it will be running 11 second times. Already development ha shown 1000hp Turbo Falcons.

In 2008 the new Falcon is coming and seeing as the current Falcon is still competitive with the brand new Commodore it is set to bury Holden and the ricer boys.
My Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo completely obliterated that in a Nissan Skyline.
Thats Gold
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post