Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 31-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
Blown Xr8
Banned

Default 327rwkw how quick

Hey all,

I have 327rwkw in my s/c Ba xr8 ute and am wondering how fast it should be, i am thinking of taking it to the strip but cant really be bothered. Im still after more power and might go out once iv'e had another tinker with it, thorw the current setup on the old girls sedan and give that a run to.

Blown Xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 09:10 PM   #2
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking Times

Mid 11's.
Old 31-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #3
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking S/c

I forgot to mention, purple utes are faster than the blue ones!
Old 31-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #4
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
I forgot to mention, purple utes are faster than the blue ones!

Bugger, no point spending any more money on mods. Probably get a paint job instead.
They tell me, we might see you tomorrow night, Craig.

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #5
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
Bugger, no point spending any more money on mods. Probably get a paint job instead.
They tell me, we might see you tomorrow night, Craig.
Yeh, probably drop in and see you guys in action. You and Rich will have a close tussle to see who gets the 12 first.....can't wait!
Old 31-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #6
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

You'll need a good suspension and tyre set-up. Otherwise you'll wheel-spin and god knows what you will get. I suggest talking to a few guys from ORSM Ford Cruisers and Bluepower to see how to set it up right.
You can have power, its getting it to the ground thats the main thing!

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #7
hot460

I cant wait. I am sure it will be too hot for a 12 tomorrow and i am sure I will need a convertor to get my old girl into that zone.
So i am sure Chris (myv8) will be there before me, but I know i can now push him all the way.
See you guys out there.

BIG THANKS to Chris from Bluepower, the car feels awesome!!!!!!!! :

Blown XR we hope you bring your car out for a run, the more fords the better. You should really belt some LS1 ar-e's with that weapon! :MrT_anim:
Old 31-01-2006, 11:29 PM   #8
hot460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown Xr8
Hey all,

I have 327rwkw in my s/c Ba xr8 ute and am wondering how fast it should be, i am thinking of taking it to the strip but cant really be bothered. Im still after more power and might go out once iv'e had another tinker with it, thorw the current setup on the old girls sedan and give that a run to.
I am sure you will need slicks! but traction will still be very hard too sort out with that much power! Good luck mate. :eclipsee_
Old 01-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #9
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That would be with sticky tyres, have a look at the spread sheet with the times on chris car on heathcote AFF day, 3psi full slicks.
MT streets would be the go leigh best before going to slicks, cheap and can drive to a from track.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 01-02-2006 at 10:39 PM. Reason: requested by poster to move quote
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #10
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Hey all,

Hey bud good to see you worked out the site. You just can't handle all that power thats why the missus is getting all your good bits aye..............
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #11
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
That would be with sticky tyres, have a look at the spread sheet with the times on chris car on heathcote AFF day, 3psi full slicks.
MT streets would be the go leigh best before going to slicks, cheap and can drive to a from track.
Na i'll be running nitto's on mine full time, been told it'll ИИИИ itself with slicks under the ИИИИ end.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:34 PM   #12
Blown Xr8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Hey bud good to see you worked out the site. You just can't handle all that power thats why the missus is getting all your good bits aye..............
Your a smart ИИИИ arnt you Lee. First thing i did when i got back was take the ute for a spin and its running like ИИИИ, must have got a bad dose of fuel again . :jab:
Blown Xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #13
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Your a smart ИИИИ arnt you Lee. First thing i did when i got back was take the ute for a spin and its running like ИИИИ, must have got a bad dose of fuel again . :jab:
You know her sedan will be heaps quicker than your ute dont you, with you in the ute the sedan will be soooo much lighter............
Old 06-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #14
BLOHSV

lowride260,wanted to know what mods have you done to the car and have you put it on the dyno
BLOHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #15
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOHSV
lowride260,wanted to know what mods have you done to the car and have you put it on the dyno
Have a look at the thread in the drag section called "effects of modifications boss260" first thread, it will tell you everything you want to know.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #16
BLOHSV

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
Have a look at the thread in the drag section called "effects of modifications boss260" first thread, it will tell you everything you want to know.
BLOHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post