Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-01-2015, 07:12 PM   #1741
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

When people obliviously attach Aussie flags to their imported Korean/Japanese/Thai cars on Australia Day .
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #1742
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
When people obliviously attach Aussie flags to their imported Korean/Japanese/Thai cars on Australia Day .
No matter, the flags were probably made there anyway
Old 26-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #1743
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
No matter, the flags were probably made there anyway
No doubt
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #1744
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Or even American cars.

Local celebrations today included a Main Street parade. There was an array of vintage & classic Australian cars. Fantastic old fords & Holden's, locally assembled vintage cars, and a myriad of other locally manufactured mobile machinery going back over 100 years. A fantastic display of patriotism, and the atmosphere was infectious.

Then along comes a recently imported left hand drive '65 Mustang (club rego plates affixed over the top of California plates with a 2012 MOT tag on them) proudly flying Aussie flags. Doh!
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #1745
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wait around all day for the sparky (who made an appointment that suited him, not me) to turn up.......of course he doesn't!!!!!.....I REALLY hate that.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #1746
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

The dopes at the bank that have not noticed the slight calculation stuff up that happens when you rack up a largish credit card bill. I'm sure it's computer based and has some sort of mathematical formula involved but perhaps a little more tweeking could be useful?

Current statement: "If I elect to pay the minimum each month I will pay off the closing balance in about 111 years, 5 months".

That may be achievable if I racked up the bill on the day I was born...

The previous one said 131 years..... C'mon - at least give me a date I could work with here!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 10:24 PM   #1747
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate it when people ask for tech help (on the forum) and appear to have some idea of the problem ( and appear to want to fix themselves) so a number of forum members spend a whole heap of time narrowing it down over a few days and then finally the asker gets back a day or so later and says "yep my mechanic fixed it and you guys were right it was the XYZ" and he only charged me $500.
The forum do it yourself solution was probably $50.
I hate that, probably my fault for assuming the guy wanted to fix it himself, so worth the effort of looking up stuff, looking through notes and calling on previous experience for him.....and at the end of that an absolute waste of time.
Maybe askers should be required to tick a box that says "I'm just interested, but don't intend to do anything" or " I"m keen to fix this myself with your help".
Rant over!!!!!!!
39ClevoUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #1748
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why is the ground so bloody hard, I am digging a trench, 600 (2 feet) deep by 250 wide by 20 feet long to lay a 6mm power cable in.

the pick just bounces off and the crowbar damn near vibrates my dangly bits off.

geez I REALLY hate digging trenches.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
3 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2015, 02:17 PM   #1749
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Is it no softer once you get a foot down? Last time I had to dig out a pipe I broke through the crust then just dug sideways under the hard top and broke out the crust with a crow bar once I'd undermined it a bit.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #1750
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

first foot is like concrete then the rest is just bloody hard, the bar does penetrate about 1/2" with a hefty strike, but it does penetrate.

pick just bounces off.

just so bloody dry........I'll take my time with it and do it over a week or so, got a quote to hire a trencher for half a day, $240......same for full day.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #1751
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
first foot is like concrete then the rest is just bloody hard, the bar does penetrate about 1/2" with a hefty strike, but it does penetrate.

pick just bounces off.

just so bloody dry........I'll take my time with it and do it over a week or so, got a quote to hire a trencher for half a day, $240......same for full day.
One place we lived in had concrete dirt like that, so I cheated and let the hose drip on it for a day or so.
Although a 20' trench would be a lot of drips
Old 04-02-2015, 04:53 PM   #1752
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
why is the ground so bloody hard, I am digging a trench, 600 (2 feet) deep by 250 wide by 20 feet long to lay a 6mm power cable in.

the pick just bounces off and the crowbar damn near vibrates my dangly bits off.

geez I REALLY hate digging trenches.

next week I will be digging 100+ meters of such a trench through simular soil

I've done it before with a ditchwitch and a dingo and they had a bloody hard time

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 05:06 PM   #1753
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dug 50 feet in the same area around 15 years ago, 36 in the shade, but I was younger and fitter then.

shoulda chucked the cable in then.......ah! well, shoulda, woulda, coulda.

coupla feet today, coupla feet tomorrow, in between customers, I'll whittle it down eventually.

still don't like it though........then I bring the sparky in, he will charge between $500 and $600 just to chuck the cable in some conduit, throw the lot in the trench and twitch a few wires.

don't like that much either.

2 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2015, 07:00 PM   #1754
superyob
Banned

Poppa Smurf, I am out of breath just reading about your physical exertions!!!
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 07:09 PM   #1755
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

When ya pay top $$$$ for a reputable product and the first time you remove it from the vehicle to adjust it the **** things are all seized !!!

Back to std parts for this little black duck , i'm so over the rip off industry that we have become here in australia... no warranty no advice just take ya cash and see ya later.. not any more !!
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #1756
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLR View Post
When ya pay top $$$$ for a reputable product and the first time you remove it from the vehicle to adjust it the **** things are all seized !!!

Back to std parts for this little black duck , i'm so over the rip off industry that we have become here in australia... no warranty no advice just take ya cash and see ya later.. not any more !!
What exactly is it?
Old 04-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #1757
brennan.

Facebook. People that I grew up with have turned into narcissistic, self satisfied keyboard morons throwing around a child's second hand opinion's on current affairs and expecting everybody to acknowledge and praise them for having such insightful things to say. But if you try and have a grown up discussion with them and attempt to look at the issue in a way that is not necessarily better, but different to theirs, you get blasted with immature pot shots while being told you're against them and trying to slander their name. Opinions are great but at least have the maturity to hear someone else's without taking us all back to the school yard to push anyone who doesn't agree with you into the mud.

Thanks for reading, if you like this be sure to hit the "thanks" button and re-tweet and snap chat me onto instagram so i can get a few thousand views on LookatmeTube.

Geez I hate Facebook.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:54 PM   #1758
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan. View Post
Facebook. People that I grew up with have turned into narcissistic, self satisfied keyboard morons throwing around a child's second hand opinion's on current affairs and expecting everybody to acknowledge and praise them for having such insightful things to say. But if you try and have a grown up discussion with them and attempt to look at the issue in a way that is not necessarily better, but different to theirs, you get blasted with immature pot shots while being told you're against them and trying to slander their name. Opinions are great but at least have the maturity to hear someone else's without taking us all back to the school yard to push anyone who doesn't agree with you into the mud.

Thanks for reading, if you like this be sure to hit the "thanks" button and re-tweet and snap chat me onto instagram so i can get a few thousand views on LookatmeTube.
Geez I hate Facebook.
Don't know what this means but I agree with the first bit...
3 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2015, 09:21 PM   #1759
brennan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Don't know what this means
Haha yea sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. That's all those types are ever looking for is "likes" and "views" and all that nonsense to measure the overall success of their lives. I did think, perhaps, that last bit was too much but it's on the internet now, no going back.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #1760
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Geez I hate Facebook.
What's Facebook? There is and off button. Actually I tried Facebook a couple of times and stuff it, as someone else has said Wastebook, I found I was much more productive down the shed.
39ClevoUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2015, 10:22 PM   #1761
brennan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Clevo View Post
What's Facebook? There is and off button. Actually I tried Facebook a couple of times and stuff it, as someone else has said Wastebook, I found I was much more productive down the shed.
Yup im off Facebook too, deleted the profile and good riddance. That's another thing I hate, people looking at me funny when I say I'm not on Facebook, like I can't possibly be living a full and interesting life and I mustn't have any friends.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:04 AM   #1762
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Yup im off Facebook too, deleted the profile and good riddance. That's another thing I hate, people looking at me funny when I say I'm not on Facebook, like I can't possibly be living a full and interesting life and I mustn't have any friends.
Ditto
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2015, 06:41 AM   #1763
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Yep i only have 35 friends now i did have 700 back in 2009 .. 5 from on here 10 that are family and 20 swedish strippers

Will be wrapping it up after my birthday and go back to a semi normal life for a change ..

And copy on the Good Riddance !
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2015, 08:27 AM   #1764
sprint347dave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLR View Post
Yep i only have 35 friends now i did have 700 back in 2009 .. 5 from on here 10 that are family and 20 swedish strippers

Will be wrapping it up after my birthday and go back to a semi normal life for a change ..

And copy on the Good Riddance !
hey mate,,,ur still welcome to drop in for a drink or loo stop
sprint347dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2015, 12:19 PM   #1765
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I only use facebark for the local Buy-swap-sell pages, anonymously. So I have no profile, use a fake nickname and have no "friends". Nobody can track me down and I don't bother looking for people so it works for me just like any other sales site.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #1766
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I had some reluctance about FB, but my ex, daughters and extended family are on it - it's a great way to keep in touch with them. I only have 20 odd friends.

I figured out how to "lock" down as much as possible via Facecrooks - http://facecrooks.com/Internet-Safet...-security.html

I do totally agree with brennan's post though, narcissism is rife on FB. I don't give a toss how many "likes" I get on a post. I just use it as a tool to keep in touch.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #1767
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

So i am getting married on the 14th of March, can't wait, going to be awesome and then we are going on a 6 week honeymoon.

So i am right into my outdoor activities, Mountain biking, surfing, backcountry snowboarding etc etc. So with the fact that the wedding is coming up i have been hesitant to go all out on my sports as im worried about getting injured before the big day. I must say that i have never had a serious injury besides a few broken ribs last year but that wasnt a big deal.

Last week i decided to just go surfing and not worry about anything, i have ended up with a really nice reef cut on my ankle. Anyway this morning i decided to go for a MTB ride and sure enough half an hour in i overshot a corner at 50km/h and took a heap of bark off and smashed my shoulder, luckily shoulder didn't go out. Why does this crap happen when you are subconsciously trying to stay safe? going surfing this weekend, no reefs and thats it until the wedding

I have a fitness test at work tomorrow and the pushups and run are not going to be fun. My last one i had to do with the broken ribs, that wasn't fun either. Damn it!!!
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2015, 10:06 PM   #1768
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
So i am getting married on the 14th of March, can't wait, going to be awesome and then we are going on a 6 week honeymoon.

So i am right into my outdoor activities, Mountain biking, surfing, backcountry snowboarding etc etc. So with the fact that the wedding is coming up i have been hesitant to go all out on my sports as im worried about getting injured before the big day. I must say that i have never had a serious injury besides a few broken ribs last year but that wasnt a big deal.

Last week i decided to just go surfing and not worry about anything, i have ended up with a really nice reef cut on my ankle. Anyway this morning i decided to go for a MTB ride and sure enough half an hour in i overshot a corner at 50km/h and took a heap of bark off and smashed my shoulder, luckily shoulder didn't go out. Why does this crap happen when you are subconsciously trying to stay safe? going surfing this weekend, no reefs and thats it until the wedding

I have a fitness test at work tomorrow and the pushups and run are not going to be fun. My last one i had to do with the broken ribs, that wasn't fun either. Damn it!!!

Back off man or you might find yourself single longer than you want to be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2015, 10:13 PM   #1769
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
I had some reluctance about FB, but my ex, daughters and extended family are on it - it's a great way to keep in touch with them. I only have 20 odd friends.

I figured out how to "lock" down as much as possible via Facecrooks - http://facecrooks.com/Internet-Safet...-security.html

I do totally agree with brennan's post though, narcissism is rife on FB. I don't give a toss how many "likes" I get on a post. I just use it as a tool to keep in touch.

Cheers!
Same here, I've got about 47 or something "friends" on Facebook, some of you guys, some family, some friends.

I just use it to spread my opinion on everything and most people delete me first if they don't like what I'm saying which doesn't take long because there is no holding back when I'm in full swing.

Its a good tool for organising stuff and keeping in touch with family members, though it really takes the edge off family occasions, I remember I used to be so excited to see my cousins I saw once or twice a year at family events, now we see what each other is doing all the time through Facebook so those family events are meh who cares type thing.

Mines locked down pretty good, the only people who can see my shennanigans are people on my friends list, if you're not on that then you can't see anything.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2015, 10:17 PM   #1770
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

4 weeks before you go on holiday and you hear that fuel prices are on the way back up !!