Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
paul84

Default Focus TDCi

Hey guys

I've been thinking about purchasing a new Focus TDCi. I'm interested to know what you guys think of the build quality compared with the petrol variant of the Focus. I heard the diesel is assembled in Sweden along with the XR5?

I'd also like to know what prices you haggled the dealer down to, particularly the drive away price.

Thanks!

paul84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
Turbodiesel
Torquer

The build quality is the same as the regular Focus - not the best. The engine is apparently manufactured at a Volvo plant, but the rest of it comes from good old South Africa.

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84
Hey guys

I've been thinking about purchasing a new Focus TDCi. I'm interested to know what you guys think of the build quality compared with the petrol variant of the Focus. I heard the diesel is assembled in Sweden along with the XR5?

I'd also like to know what prices you haggled the dealer down to, particularly the drive away price.

Thanks!
The XR5 Is (Still?) built in Germany.
Not sure about the TDCi...
In terms of solid feeling...the XR5 Has it in spades over my Zetec Focus I just traded in. It also has some really nice touches to the interior that really set it appart from the pack, not to mention the Engine, which has its origins at Volvo...
The TDCi Mill is or French descent (Renault) from recollection.
If you want frugal economy, i'd go the TDCi regardless...the Focus is a good unit on the whole and has one of the more powerful Diesel units in its class.
My XR5 currently does 10.4L/100KM so you're looking at probably twice the mileage if you bought the XR5...but imo....Twice the fun
Old 21-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep TDCi built in Seuth Afrika.

We are doing 2007 demos atm for $24,990 drive away. Most have only around 100km at the most.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11227574
Old 26-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #5
Chicka

Default Focus TDCI Hatch

Yep,If you want a great TDCI Deal, see Pacific Ford @ Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast.....I bought mine there at $ 25.990.00 driveaway, and now they have a deal at $ 24.990.00 ! Excellent value and great people to deal with.
I flew down from Cairns to collect mine( in April) and just loved the drive back.
Sincerely recommend the vehivel AND the Pacific Group...
Chicka
:
Chicka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #6
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

i got mine for $22,000 drive away with 16000km on the clock. drives like new, and i love it.
AnthonyTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post