Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 16-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
CRD-01
Starter Motor

Default Price for Mondeo Tow Bar Query

Hi Guys.
I am inquiring as to the price and availability of a tow for my brothers 2009 Mondeo diesel. He has been quoted ridiculous prices. Can someone please shed some light on reality please. He lives on the Mornington Peninsular idf this helps.

Cheers
Kel

CRD-01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Re: Price for Mondeo Tow Bar Query

There's a thread on here about this, have a look at the 'Search this Forum' tool.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
CRD-01
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
There's a thread on here about this, have a look at the 'Search this Forum' tool.
Gee, what are you trying to say?? What are the forum police angry?
Old 18-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRD-01
Gee, what are you trying to say?? What are the forum police angry?
I think Dusty was simply saying that the use of the forums search engine yeilds a lot of information that might be of use. Hopefully you will take the point.

I'm not sure what level of price you might regard as being ridiculous is, but if you go here:

http://www.haymanreese.com.au/mmysearch.asp?Change=Year

You will find some information about supply only pricing. Simply insert the requested information to get the data for the Ford Mondeo

Here is a thread about problems people have experienced with fitting tow bars to the Mondeo:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11304675

Because of the multitude of electronic systems the car posesses care is needed when adding any "electrical" extras to the car, such as brake controllers for towed loads and avoiding irritating rear parking sensor operation when a towed load is attached. To avoid the potential for warranty problems my advice is to wear the cost of a dealer fitted option - or make sure that the business where the bar gets fitted provides a written guarantee that any consequential vehicle systems damage is covered.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Looks like Alan has done the search for you. He is a great bloke and provides good, reliable information.

I got mine fitted at the dealer at no cost, and it is the module that will be pricey but very important.

Forum police are called 'Moderators', and I'm not one of them. However, there have been a number of people post comments/threads that start arguments and inflame tensions and these are usually done by people with low post counts, who post occasionally and then are gone. You joined in 2009, and have posted six times in that time, and two in this thread. Four posts in twoish years. We in the Mondeo forum are a lot more forgiving of noobs than in some other forums here.

As I suggested the search tool would have led you to the right information.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Price for Mondeo Tow Bar Query - OT

Thanks Dusty,

Are you in the new car yet? Saw a couple of new Territorys (Territories?) around Benalla, both TDCi AWDs (one pulled off into a Service Centre - 200km from Melbourne?!!!).

Probably the 15 litres in the tank from the dealer was about to run out

I was happy to see that the new front end looked better in the metal than the photos.

SWMBO actually asked if we should consider trading in the current car we have (not the mondeo ) - but that only does 5000 km per year now and I can't really justify an upgrade.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

No worries Alan. Your advice has always been presented in an even hand manner. Mine isn't! Trying to be more accommodating, and it is it's own reward.

The Territory is coming. Ford committed to getting sold vehicles to dealers first, but Toll are delivering what they can deliver. I'd guess that mine is in a hard to reach place in the holding yard at Ford, so those easier to get to are being delivered first. Should be here next week I'm hoping. Will be a day or so at the dealer as he has to put on a tow bar, side steps (advice from here to get them so my 2.5 year old can get into it), tint and spats.

My brother is buying the Mondeo for him and his partner, and is getting a very good deal. I was offered $2k more for it, but I've committed to selling it to him. His xar is on eBay now, to end on Wednesday night, so mine better turn up!

The Mondeo Titanium wagon I ordered looked great. And if it wasn't for us having twins I would be in it now. But with three under four, the Mondeo just wasn't big enough. I will miss the Mondeo, as it has been a very good car, and suited our needs, won't in a couple of months.

15 liters? I think Ford puts in 3 so he did pretty well!
Previous:
Old 18-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
CRD-01
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD
I think Dusty was simply saying that the use of the forums search engine yeilds a lot of information that might be of use. Hopefully you will take the point.

Cheers
Yes thanks for the your quality of response that I am accustomed to on another forum that I am a very active member on (non Ford). I had infact spent a considerable amount of time researching the "search" function. However I was unable to find a definative answer. So I thought, maybe a good hearted member of this forum may help. Well my first response to the "post" was not what I had expected, but it takes all types. And again thanks for your researching of the request.

Kel