Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question FORD Contacted Me about my Service Experience!!

Is this something new ? Never been contacted before.!! Maybe, times are a changing??

Dear Mr. (deleted my name)

Thank you for choosing Southside Ford - Parts & Service Only to service your Ford Falcon 453KDM.

At Ford we believe that making great cars just isn't enough. We want our service and your experience to be great too. So we'd like to get feedback from you on your service experience on your Ford Falcon, as well as your dealings with Southside Ford - Parts & Service Only .

Please take a few minutes to complete our online survey regarding the service of your vehicle. Whether it's all good, or perhaps not so good, feedback is important to us. If there are areas we need to improve on, we need to know about them. The more we listen and learn, the better your experience as a Ford customer will be.

Please click the "START" button below to begin.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Yours sincerely,

Stephen Kruk
General Manager, Ford Customer Service Division
Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited

Old 03-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FORD Contacted Me about my Service Experience!!

Not new.. I've been getting them sinse I bought my FG in Jan 2010
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
69Mach1

Good Customer Service and I suppose they are trying to retain your business. I've had Subarus for daily drivers the past few years and most of the time a Service Rep actually phones you after the service and asks you to rate it....anything below 8/10 and they want to know why and try to make it right. Once, after I rated my experience a 6/10 and complained about being charged for injector cleaner at about 12500km they gave me $100 voucher off the next service......I felt like I had been ripped off so at least they tried to make it right.

Mind you the servicing is more expensive than my EF & BA used to be so I'm sure they made it all back....and then some.
69Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get a phone call from my dealer within 5 working days from my service asking me whether I was satisfied with the work done. I'd probably prefer an online survey to a phone call, but at least it's good to know that they want to know whether I was happy with their service. Inevitably, I'd say I'm happy with the service - they don't ******** me, they just tell me what needs to be done, and they seem very knowledgeable about the car, but I'm not entirely satisfied with their prices. I guess there aren't enough people complaining about their prices for them to drop it a bit ...
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I have only ever had positive experiences with my local dealer (Keith Gill Motors in Griffith). They make a courtesy call the day before and the day after the service. In fact about a month or 2 ago I was able to make a warranty claim about a month after my warranty had expired. Like I said I feel I get great service from my local dealer. And to top it off I have never bought a car there. Both our new Fords were bought elsewhere.

Last edited by naddis01; 03-11-2011 at 03:34 PM.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

I always get a text message the day before my service to remind me, and a text a couple of days later asking if I was satisfied.

That is with Southside.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #7
No.6

I had a call from peter warren smithfield today about service quality with my car recently. Told them i was extremely happy with them. Good team over at Peter Warren Smithfield.
No.6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice to hear some good reports.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #9
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got a letter asking about my experience when getting a brake fluid change from Gran McCarrol Ford (in Armidale).

Despite popular opinion, they actually seemed pretty good. They were cheap, and informed me of another problem they noticed and told me how to fix it assuming that I would be doing it myself.

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Joshmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #10
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got one in 2005 after my BF F6 had been at the dealers for a week while they tried to sort out the miriad of problems. You can imagine my reply.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #11
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

I got wonderful after-sales service when I bought secondhand (!) from Byrne Ford Kedron. They actually called me to ask if I was enjoying my Ford & if there was any problems at all (inclusive of stat. warranty or not!) then not to hesitate in contacting them. This was proven when I did need something addressed.
Mind you, this was around 5 years ago, times & people may have changed...

As for Ford themselves, they were prompt in answering my enquiry that had nothing to do with a potential sale, and were FRIENDLY and HELPFUL about it.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #12
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Used to get them all the time when I used to take my car to Peter Warrens. Every time I kept telling them to stop trying to sell me snake oil an hour after I drop off the car. They never listened.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #13
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i've gotten fairly good service from my local ford dealer, but then the biggest warranty repair was the little pips they filled the holes in the ute tray (where you'd install the soft tonneau clips) kept falling out. i lost half of them in the first three years. if ford hadnt' drilled them out in the first place it would have been even better.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #14
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had quite a few of them on service and sales from various dealers and manufacturers over the years.

Telling the truth rather than "embellishing" is the go.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #15
Anthony Ferg
Starter Motor

Thumbs down Beware new car defects

BEWARE NEW CAR DEFECTS. Really disappointing experience with Ford Australia happening at the moment. Legal action appears to be the only choice we have left. No wonder sales are down 21% this year if this is the way you treat honest customers. Ford is destroying their own reputation. Already two companies witness to our experience now decline to deal with Ford.
After purchasing our first new car and always Ford supporters we were incredibly proud to be the owners of the Territory. Still within warranty it appears we have purchased a defective vehicle with more than one serious production failure confirmed. Ford went against their own service agent's master mechanic team's advice and did what we believe to be an unsatisfactory repair. This opinion is supported by industry expert engineers. The Customer Service has been nothing short of appalling with evasive tactics and at times dishonesty in the hope they could wear us down and we would go away. Every party involved including the Office of Fair Trading have found Ford's representative to be "a brick wall", highly unprofessional and certainly not caring for the customer.
Then after deciding it was better to cut losses and sell the car we had a panel dent repair organised. The smash repairer found extensive internal rust that warrants further inspection under the vehicle warranty but again Ford use excuses to avoid accountability. Engineers and assessors have given us their opinions and even they are horrified that we are being treated like this. We paid for a product trusting Ford to deliver quality, integrity and honesty. In this case Ford has breached Australian Consumer Law. How about you stand up Ford, do the right thing for us and replace the faulty product instead of cheap patch up jobs, fancy talk and fobbing us off. Shame on you. Production failures occur. That we understand. Mistakes occur but it is our actions after that define us. What defines Ford these days? What will the CEO do when he learns what is happening under his watch!!!
Anthony Ferg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2015, 01:41 PM   #16
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Default Re: Beware new car defects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Ferg View Post
BEWARE NEW CAR DEFECTS. Really disappointing experience with Ford Australia happening at the moment. Legal action appears to be the only choice we have left. No wonder sales are down 21% this year if this is the way you treat honest customers. Ford is destroying their own reputation. Already two companies witness to our experience now decline to deal with Ford.
After purchasing our first new car and always Ford supporters we were incredibly proud to be the owners of the Territory. Still within warranty it appears we have purchased a defective vehicle with more than one serious production failure confirmed. Ford went against their own service agent's master mechanic team's advice and did what we believe to be an unsatisfactory repair. This opinion is supported by industry expert engineers. The Customer Service has been nothing short of appalling with evasive tactics and at times dishonesty in the hope they could wear us down and we would go away. Every party involved including the Office of Fair Trading have found Ford's representative to be "a brick wall", highly unprofessional and certainly not caring for the customer.
Then after deciding it was better to cut losses and sell the car we had a panel dent repair organised. The smash repairer found extensive internal rust that warrants further inspection under the vehicle warranty but again Ford use excuses to avoid accountability. Engineers and assessors have given us their opinions and even they are horrified that we are being treated like this. We paid for a product trusting Ford to deliver quality, integrity and honesty. In this case Ford has breached Australian Consumer Law. How about you stand up Ford, do the right thing for us and replace the faulty product instead of cheap patch up jobs, fancy talk and fobbing us off. Shame on you. Production failures occur. That we understand. Mistakes occur but it is our actions after that define us. What defines Ford these days? What will the CEO do when he learns what is happening under his watch!!!

That’s a lot of negativity without offering any detail.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2015, 01:46 PM   #17
superfly
Go the Hogster!

As this is your first post, I assume you came on here only to badmouth Ford and vent your frustration. Whilst I feel for your situation, I am totally happy with my Ford. This is the first Ford I have ever purchased and I've had my license for 28 years. I previously bought a number of brand new Hyundai's before switching to new and second hand Subaru's and now onto Ford.

Your story is only one side of the story. And I don't believe for a minute that Ford sales have declined only due to their customer service. Australia fell out of love with the big rear wheel drive cars is probably the main cause.

Every manufacturer has a customer with the same story as yours. They also have numerous stories of happy customers. I won't be changing my opinion of Ford based on your situation. I will judge them on my own circumstances.

I hope you get your issue sorted.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2015, 02:46 PM   #18
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Interesting first post.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2015, 03:17 PM   #19
caprispecial

Yeh how dare he. He should wait until hes done at least fifty posts before he badmouths ford like that.
caprispecial is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2015, 03:20 PM   #20
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Plenty of happy ford owners.. Your story appears terribly one sided. Usually there are a few details that level up the situation a bit.

What you want changed and what is reasonable cod be entirely different. If a light bulb is out do you change the whole front end?

Give is a few more details before condemning ford
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2015, 03:40 PM   #21
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
BEWARE NEW CAR DEFECTS. Really disappointing experience with Ford Australia happening at the moment. !!!
Sorry but if you don't supply more details ,all the readers here will write this off as meaningless Trolling,

For all we know you could be complaining about a 2004 SX Territory and expecting warranty.

No details no sympathy.

Nice thread dig by the way
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2015, 03:56 PM   #22
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

The rust is a well known issue within the industry.

As soon as you say rust repairs Ford Falcon or Ford Territory repairers dont want to know you because they simply cannot be fixed.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #23
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprispecial View Post
Yeh how dare he. He should wait until hes done at least fifty posts before he badmouths ford like that.
I don’t think members would care if he took Ford to task in a first up post if the post shed some light on the problems.

There are plenty of owners here who’ve had their share of problems with warranty issues that would be quick to offer sympathy but again, how do you support someone when you don’t know what you’re supporting.

The OP should come back and give some detail on what has gone wrong and the timeline of their dealings with the Dealership or Ford or both.

I won’t prejudge the OP and I don’t know about elsewhere but in NSW it’s currently school holidays and that is a time when trolling can increase.

Last edited by LoudPipes; 08-07-2015 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2015, 05:44 PM   #24
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^ Loudpipes, he's not the OP. Helluva of a first post but they should give details to provide balance as you say.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #25
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I've been getting emails from Ford thanking me for getting my Falcon serviced at Adrian Brien Ford in SA. Weird because my Falcon was serviced in Coffs Harbour in January before I bought it and I've never been to Adrian Brien Ford in SA. I fact I haven't been in SA since 1988!! I live in NSW. I replied to the first email to correct the details but another two have since turned up!!! The only thing I can think of was my old FG has ended up in SA and the they've used my name which was in the log books.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #26
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
^^^^ Loudpipes, he's not the OP. Helluva of a first post but they should give details to provide balance as you say.
Yeah got that wrong.

He hasn't come back to provide any additional info?????

If I was that unhappy I'd be letting everyone know exactly why.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #27
bernbo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got contacted a few weeks ago from a company doing research for Ford as i had just bought a new fgx. The research is also for ford head office in America and covered heaps of things from paint and panel fit to how the service was and just about every aspect of the car and of the last car I owned. I had to give permission for the transcript to go to the states. So I really do think they are trying to change.
bernbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #28
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
I got one in 2005 after my BF F6 had been at the dealers for a week while they tried to sort out the miriad of problems. You can imagine my reply.
exactly like my experience at local Ford dealership..they had my car there for a week, charged 4k and car still had problems...never going back.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #29
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I have a choice on which Ford dealership I get my car serviced. Local dealership isn't bad for the straight forward simple stuff but needlessly stressful when it comes to warranty issues and time frames. It's sister dealership in Newcastle seems to have a better reputation in that area and were very helpful last time I needed assistance with warranty issues.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2015, 12:15 PM   #30
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got a call 2 days after I took mine in for it's first service. The call ended pretty quick when I told them I hadn't got my car back because the dealership damaged it.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post