Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Default Freaken litterbug! Grr...

Was on Victoria Rd the other day coming home from work. Was at a red light sitting behind a VS Commodore (car is irrelavent though) - red p plater, male driver. Anyway so we're sitting there waiting for the lights to change he has one arm out the window smoking and eating with the other. Suddenly he opens his door wide (unshaven dopey dropkick looking guy), and drops a large brown macca's bag, followed by large maccas coke on the road. Shuts the door and green light. Had to bloody drive over the top of the cup/bag, exhaust hit it on the way over...

What the F4$% is wrong with some people! What a pig - I couldnt care less about running over the cup, but seriously how hard is it to chuck the rubbish in a bin rather than all over the street. Wish I was a cop sometimes... :

Old 01-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

This is my pet hate. I can't stand people that litter or flick cigarette butts out there windows....GRRR :
Old 01-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you are in Victoria, and i'm not sure regarding other states, you can "dob in a litterer".
There is a campaign on the radio at the moment.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
Lowndes2b1
Craig Lowndes'#1Supporter

I was just about to ask about the dob in a litterer schemes...a few weeks ago we were sitting at the beach and a P plater was parked a few spots up and dumped his Maccas bag out the window. We got his numberplate as he drove away, but could find anything about reporting them here on the Gold Coast, very frustrating.

The thing that annoyed me even more was that he was parked directly in front of a rubbish bin, too damn lazy to get out of his car and walk 4 steps : .
Old 01-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contact the local council of the area you are in, give them rego, description, time and place.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
Mansal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
This is my pet hate. I can't stand people that litter or flick cigarette butts out there windows....GRRR :
Or worse - when the flick their butts out the window, and you're driving behind them (and the still-lit butt hits your car!) :
Mansal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 12:50 AM   #7
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
Or worse - when the flick their butts out the window, and you're driving behind them (and the still-lit butt hits your car!)
Try driving a convertible and get neighbouring cars flicking butts and ash into your face onto your upholstery etc. One of the 1001 reasons I decided convertibles were no fun 99% of the time and some 35 years ago and vowed never to own one again.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:38 AM   #8
SBR_1
soon to be a McDonald :D

My ex was like that i dont know how many times i had to kick his A** for it.And was even worse when he got a letter one day saying he got seen and he turned about and said he didnt.When he said he did and got away with it.Made me sick...
Old 03-05-2008, 03:26 AM   #9
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see it all the time as well.

I was at a set of lights yesterday, and watched as some tradie through an icebreak bottle onto the grassy traffic island next to him. I couldnt beleive it. I was starring at him without realising it, and as he drove past me he gave me the finger.

Class. Thats all I can say..

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #10
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Last year, I was walking along with my wife and dog, car drove by and passenger through a KFC box out the window which landed nearly at our feet.

What you knw, they had to stop at the intersection about 50m down the road.....

I picked up the greasy KFC box full of half eaten crap(after fighting my hound dog for it) jogged up to the car and threw it back in the window - with a - "mate, you dropped something - just wanted to give it back..............."

You should have seen the look on passenger and drivers face!

Dirty sods, no respect for anything, their desire to live in squaller should be fulfilled. Make 'em live at the local tip face for a few months.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 07:55 AM   #11
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Last year, I was walking along with my wife and dog, car drove by and passenger through a KFC box out the window which landed nearly at our feet.

What you knw, they had to stop at the intersection about 50m down the road.....

I picked up the greasy KFC box full of half eaten crap(after fighting my hound dog for it) jogged up to the car and threw it back in the window - with a - "mate, you dropped something - just wanted to give it back..............."

You should have seen the look on passenger and drivers face!

Dirty sods, no respect for anything, their desire to live in squaller should be fulfilled. Make 'em live at the local tip face for a few months.
Now thats funny.

gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #12
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome work Tex, I like it,
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #13
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

Ciggie butts are the worst. But you can dop them in to the EPA. All you need is car make colour rego time and place. Then they send them the fine. On a total fire ban day the fine is 3 grand so people wont do that twice.

80 series Turbo Diesel Cruiser
Falcon4L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #14
Bobman
Regulator

Problem with dobbing them in is that you have to give evidence in court if they take it there, isn't that correct?

I hate filthy rat bags who throw rubbish on the road/footpath though. I always carry all rubbish home and dispose of it accordingly.

Awesome work tex. That certainly would have made the idiot think twice before doing it again ;)

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #15
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon4L
Ciggie butts are the worst. But you can dop them in to the EPA. All you need is car make colour rego time and place. Then they send them the fine. On a total fire ban day the fine is 3 grand so people wont do that twice.
Exactly. A mate of mine got a letter from the EPA when he dropped a cigarette butt, someone had dobbed him in. Apparently in NSW, a policeman or EPA officer has to see it though (according to the letter) but a notation has been made on their system.

Love your work Tex.
Now I don't feel so bad about the pile of rubbish steadily growing in my daily.

Quote: