Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #631
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
when you look at a car advert and communicate asking whats wrong with it etc etc and they say a few things and you think, well i can live with that

then you email under a diff email addy and they say the clear AND paint is gone on the roof and some spots on the bonnet....must of forgot to mention it last time

unreal
just be honest in the description, but then again...if you were i guess you wouldnt get as many people wasting their time going to look at it.
/rant
My sister went to view a car the other day that was listed as immaculate. She asked the owner a few times what issues there were as there was no photo. She drives the 30km to find that the car is hail damaged. When she told him she would take it for $1500 instead of 7500 (she was never going to buy it) he told her she was joking. She simply said, you lied, had me drive 30km and the car can never be insured with the damage, I reckon that my offer is lretty decent and she left.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #632
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Waiting for a response from a car dealer... 5 days and counting.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #633
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

dealing with trades who are building your house that just dont care.

I am in the construction industry and I dont know about you but when I work I work as if I am working on my own projects and do so with pride and punctuality. But these days, I see more and more trades who are not punctual, do not communicate, do not care about their work, blame other trades for the reason they can't complete their job properly, do not clean up after themselves, do a half assed job, do not complete work when they are required to and do not have any pride in the work they do.

Geez I hate that....

I would be happy to pay a higher price for a trade who actually took some pride in their work, read the plans properly, and completed the work in the time frame they said they would.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #634
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Getting shut down by the fun police for playing drums during the middle of the day.
Seriously, wtf neighbours? Get a life.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #635
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
dealing with trades who are building your house that just dont care.

I am in the construction industry and I dont know about you but when I work I work as if I am working on my own projects and do so with pride and punctuality. But these days, I see more and more trades who are not punctual, do not communicate, do not care about their work, blame other trades for the reason they can't complete their job properly, do not clean up after themselves, do a half assed job, do not complete work when they are required to and do not have any pride in the work they do.

Geez I hate that....

I would be happy to pay a higher price for a trade who actually took some pride in their work, read the plans properly, and completed the work in the time frame they said they would.
I used to have my own business before mobile phones. If I was running more than about 10 mins late I would find a phone box and ring the customer to let them know. My business was mainly winter based as it was home heating but I was always flat tack over summer as well. Others couldn't understand how I was so busy. I didn't bother telling them the simple secret.
Any good tradie who does the right thing will always be busy.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #636
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93EB_SXR6 View Post
Getting shut down by the fun police for playing drums during the middle of the day.
Seriously, wtf neighbours? Get a life.
I don't know where you're from but around here there's nothing the cops can do to stop you making as much noise as you like till 9 or 10pm I think it is. They can ask you to turn or tone it down but they can't force you.

I know this because my psycho neighbour spent weeks playing DOOF DOOF sheet at me at intrusive levels day and night to try and provoke me. It didn't work and I think eventually he blew up the speakers because it all suddenly stopped. It may have also had something to do with me sikkin' the power and water companies on him for stealing power and water too, or the local young cop for driving unreg'd cars about etc. I think he finally learned to pull his head in, but it took 2 years and 3 court appearances and losing every argument and provocative act he came at me with to do it.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #637
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
I don't know where you're from but around here there's nothing the cops can do to stop you making as much noise as you like till 9 or 10pm I think it is. They can ask you to turn or tone it down but they can't force you.

I know this because my psycho neighbour spent weeks playing DOOF DOOF sheet at me at intrusive levels day and night to try and provoke me. It didn't work and I think eventually he blew up the speakers because it all suddenly stopped. It may have also had something to do with me sikkin' the power and water companies on him for stealing power and water too, or the local young cop for driving unreg'd cars about etc. I think he finally learned to pull his head in, but it took 2 years and 3 court appearances and losing every argument and provocative act he came at me with to do it.
They called the police on my 19th Birthday (A Saturday) when my band was 5 or 10 mins into playing a show to all the guests, this was at about 8.30pm. We had notified all the neighbours that we'd be playing live music and they all agreed they had no issue but still called the fuzz.
My understanding was also that the cops couldn't do anything until 10pm but the police still always rock up and I just feel it's easier to stop playing the music I love to avoid arguments with my shut-in neighbours.
Ironically I live next door to a LOUD mechanics garage and they always seem to get away with making as much noise as they want at any hour of the day or night (swearing, yelling, fighting, revving loud cars, throwing tools around, air compressors left on over night, etc).

I guess it must be because I play that terrible metal music they've heard so many horrible things about.
I might just stick to playing guitar until I can get an electric kit, can't even practice my vocals through an amp at home without having the neighbours complain about that too (I try my best to be reasonable about volume and choose sensible hours to practice).
The most annoying thing is the neighbours are so fake and polite to my face when I see them, I don't understand people like that.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #638
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For those of you who are having a problem with music and problem neighbours this may bring a smile to your dial.

I live in Public housing here in Darwin. It is so bad, a Current Affair did a story on the place a few years back describing it as" the most dangerous place in Australia to live". There are 70 units in the complex of which five or six are Caucasian, two are Asians and the rest are "Countryman". The taste in music for a typical countryman is Slim .... Dusty, Gangsta Rap and this pox ridden thing they call modern R&B.

So, imagine their surprise when they start to hear The Three Tenors, Mario Lanza, Traditional Hawaiian music - Iz Kamakawiwo'ole, African - Lady Smith Black Mombasa, Big Band Swing - anyone remember Jive bunny, Rammstein and just about anything else in between. We often have brown / black outs here and it is usually very quiet. At least it was till I connected the iPod to a battery powered speaker system. There are great natural acoustics in the complex.

Anywho, one night there is a knock on the door. I pause the music - The Three Tenors (Dein ist mien ganzes herz / yours is my whole heart) which I just happen to have been singing along with - yes I am that talented, and get up to answer the door. Standing there are two NT Police Officers. The conversation goes like this

"Was that you playing the classical music and singing"?

"Yes, it was why"?

"On behalf of the NT Police we would like to thank you for bringing a bit of culture to these heathens".

"Aaahhh OK" (quizzed look on my face)

"Enjoy your self Sir, goodnight"

Wondering what all that was about I went back to my music singing and listening.

Residents thought I had big Kahonnies for openly defying the Police, not the case at all.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #639
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't it a nice feeling to be thanked for something when you least expect it? Pay it forward and make someone else's day too!

And on to my add here: drivers who force their way into the fast lane that I'm in, only to drive the same speed they were at when in the slower lane to the right. Now the fast lane is the same speed as the slower lane....... WHY?

The new barrista who keeps telling me he'll make my usual. Only it's always a latte and I don't even like milk. Why would I order a latte? Just watch, tomorrow he'll insist on making me a latte. Again......
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #640
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
For those of you who are having a problem with music and problem neighbours this may bring a smile to your dial.

I live in Public housing here in Darwin. It is so bad, a Current Affair did a story on the place a few years back describing it as" the most dangerous place in Australia to live". There are 70 units in the complex of which five or six are Caucasian, two are Asians and the rest are "Countryman". The taste in music for a typical countryman is Slim .... Dusty, Gangsta Rap and this pox ridden thing they call modern R&B.

So, imagine their surprise when they start to hear The Three Tenors, Mario Lanza, Traditional Hawaiian music - Iz Kamakawiwo'ole, African - Lady Smith Black Mombasa, Big Band Swing - anyone remember Jive bunny, Rammstein and just about anything else in between. We often have brown / black outs here and it is usually very quiet. At least it was till I connected the iPod to a battery powered speaker system. There are great natural acoustics in the complex.

Anywho, one night there is a knock on the door. I pause the music - The Three Tenors (Dein ist mien ganzes herz / yours is my whole heart) which I just happen to have been singing along with - yes I am that talented, and get up to answer the door. Standing there are two NT Police Officers. The conversation goes like this

"Was that you playing the classical music and singing"?

"Yes, it was why"?

"On behalf of the NT Police we would like to thank you for bringing a bit of culture to these heathens".

"Aaahhh OK" (quizzed look on my face)

"Enjoy your self Sir, goodnight"

Wondering what all that was about I went back to my music singing and listening.

Residents thought I had big Kahonnies for openly defying the Police, not the case at all.

Cheers Vincenzo
HAHA! Ironically when the police rocked up at my 19th they told me they liked how the band sounded but gave the typical "we're just doing our job" excuse.
Might have to check out The Three Tenors, sounds like something that may interest me.
When I studied Jazz and practiced it 8hrs+ daily... the neighbours never complained, even when I cranked the volume through the roof.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #641
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had some ratbag neighbours a few years ago, played up all night for two nights, doof doof music and loud cars as well as empty paint cans (loud explosions) in the fire bin, I let them go, just thought they were settling in.

Third night, 4.30 am to be precise, just when I had enough, I banged on the door, answered by a feral who said "what are you going to do, call the cop's, they won't do anything!", I dropped him with a smack in the mouth and told him to turn it down and behave or there will be more to come, no more crap after that.

Sometimes police are simply a waste of time, the direct route works much better, some people are just simply numpty's and just need to be shown the right way to behave.

Will someone please show other folks how to use a roundabout......it is so simple but so misused.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #642
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

remind me never to p!55 you off poppa.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #643
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
I had some ratbag neighbours a few years ago, played up all night for two nights, doof doof music and loud cars as well as empty paint cans (loud explosions) in the fire bin, I let them go, just thought they were settling in.

Third night, 4.30 am to be precise, just when I had enough, I banged on the door, answered by a feral who said "what are you going to do, call the cop's, they won't do anything!", I dropped him with a smack in the mouth and told him to turn it down and behave or there will be more to come, no more crap after that.

Sometimes police are simply a waste of time, the direct route works much better, some people are just simply numpty's and just need to be shown the right way to behave.

Will someone please show other folks how to use a roundabout......it is so simple but so misused.
I'd be more worried about the assault charge and subsequent conviction that would come from doing that. I know it would definitely result in jail time for myself and most others (unless you saved 50 babies from a burning building in the process) even though you were provoked.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #644
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I live in a very small place where there's only one stretch of bitumen that is the main road through town (and I live right in the middle of it). Now when I say small, I mean the 50kph limit signs are about 600m apart into and out of town. To put it in perspective, 500m further on from the exit of town at one end there is a T junction onto the main Highway.

What I hate is the bluddy road trains carting grain through here to the silos on the highway and not bothering to slow down on the way through. I get 80-90tonnes of road train flying past my front door at 80-90kph, and sometimes more, constantly from sun up to 11pm at night some times, right through harvest and all the way through to Easter some years.

Now I, and others, have begged, pleaded and generally harangued the local cop for over 3 years since he got here, to come out here periodically, and at random times over a week or two, and ping some of these cowboys so they'll slow down. He'd only have to do it a couple of times a season and the trucks wouldn't know when to expect him so theoretically they'll slow down "just in case", at least that's what I reckon.

He came out once last year and did exactly as I'm about to describe for exactly the same result.........so....

..... This morning as I'm backing out of the driveway to take the kids to school, I finally see him sitting there with his speed gun. YAY!, FINALLY!, thinks I for about 2 seconds till I realise he's still sitting in his drivers seat and has parked himself in such a position, just like he did last year, with the nose of his Landcruiser pointing out onto the road, so that anyone approaching town from either direction can see him at least 500m before he can lay eyes and speed gun on them, ., instead of moving the vehicle back a bit and getting his backside out of the car and standing in front of it so he can actually see the trucks coming and actually book a couple of them. Right now they see him first, slow down, then get on the UHF to all the other cowboys and it becomes a totally wasted effort even being there because as soon as he leaves, (having not caught one single vehicle), they radio that he's gone and it's back to business as usual.

There are times I want to just sit out the front and push a spare wheel out in front of some of the worst of these cowboys. There's all sorts of interesting possibilities if it starts to flip over and over under a rig; sump, gearbox, air lines, hydraulics, who knows. Maybe that'll make the rest of them slow down. Unfortunately it probably wouldn't and then I'd just get targeted by them as well.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 11-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #645
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93EB_SXR6 View Post
I'd be more worried about the assault charge and subsequent conviction that would come from doing that. I know it would definitely result in jail time for myself and most others (unless you saved 50 babies from a burning building in the process) even though you were provoked.

It's his word against yours and who is the cop likely to listen to, the loud mouthed, scruffy, stoned and half cut bogan or the mild mannered, well dressed middle aged bloke trying to mind his own business. The bogan knows that too which is why he won't bother getting on the phone.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 11-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #646
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Waiting for a response from a car dealer... 5 days and counting.
Finding out the answer is no.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #647
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's his word against yours and who is the cop likely to listen to, the loud mouthed, scruffy, stoned and half cut bogan or the mild mannered, well dressed middle aged bloke trying to mind his own business. The bogan knows that too which is why he won't bother getting on the phone.
ah! you have obviously met him!!!.......

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
2 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #648
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
When a victim of assault turns up with injuries from being punched in the face, the police will investigate it to their fullest capacity. There is a good chance they will get the truth and not judge based on stereotypes.
Sounds like you condone lying to the police and preventing the course of justice?
As much as I hate people that inconvenience others by noise pollution at inappropriate hours, violence isn't the answer... this is coming from somebody who is no coward and has been involved in multiple serious physical confrontations (none of which I started, all of which I finished).
Violence should only be a last resort, imagine if PoppaSmurf had hit him too hard or in a bad spot and killed the man? He would be charged with manslaughter and spend a long time behind bars.
I'm not trying to demonise PoppaSmurf, just asking him to reconsider how he deals with such matters in the future for his own sake. It does sound like his neighbour was a complete jerk but I would have called the police first in this case rather than resorting to violence without attempting to pursue other methods of conflict resolution.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #649
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I never said anything about lying to the police. All you need to say, is "prove it" and neither confirm or deny. There is no law that says I must incriminate myself. And I don't know about you but I know of any number if instances in my personal past, and those of people I know, where the police member at the time was less than diligent in their investigative zeal for what ever reason, some through common sense and maybe a level of compassion, some through lack of resources and time and some from just plain old laziness.
In this case, a bogan with a fat lip who's drunk, stoned, belligerent and clearly contravening noise abatement regulations is not going to get too much sympathy from most people including all but the most over zealous and bureaucratic member... or a probe y.

You're not a current or past member yourself are you?

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 11-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #650
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
ah! you have obviously met him!!!.......

Yup, and his brother, half brother, second cousin, uncle, best mate and their girlfriends.

I've got a tribe of them living next door as we speak.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 11-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #651
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well I did try the "nice way" the day before by talking to him in the front yard, he told me to go and get F@#$^%$# you old c@#$%^%$ and to **** off......so I took that to mean he didn't really want to do it the "right way".

he told me he had plenty of dealings with the "cops" and knew what to expect, well he didn't "expect" what he got,

I boxed a little in my younger years and I volunteer for a couple of organisations that involve plenty of physical labour, so I'm a pretty fit old B. quack reckons I have the body of a 30 year old, I told him I aint giving it back.

this bloke was evicted not long after for non payment of rent and unsanitary living conditions, and no I did not "dob" them in for that, we got on relatively well after I decked him, he just had to learn a little respect for others.

I am very easy going and hard to rile and absolutely hate violence, however sleep depravation is a well known torture.

it's very hard to say what any of us would do in any given situation, would I do it again given the same set of circumstances, don't know, would I condone it as a way of dealing with neighbours, nope, much rather the civilised way of "getting on" have a yak about the problem and resolve it mutually.

we now have lovely neighbours with three terrific kiddies whom we have adopted as our own, they call me Poppa (as does everyone) and my wife gran, they call out to me when I'm home to come and read to them or play a round of cricket or just catch, they enjoy cuddles almost as much as I do.

the father works, is a car fanatic, his car is a bit loud, big deal, he likes his music but all is quiet when bedtime gets around......I respect that, we often have good long yaks over the fence, I repair a lot of gear for them (a skill lost on a lot of youngsters now) and we always have a sympathetic ear.

many cakes and goodies are passed over the fence when nanna smurf gets "the cooking urge", last week I cooked a roast for them when they got home late, watched the kids until then.

barbecues always involve the neighbours.

the kiddies grandparents are not around, both died of cancer so we are the substitutes, which we don't mind one little bit.

they watch the house when we go away and I do all I can to help, not easy raising kids with parents at work nowadays, so I do what I can, the kids have always got somewhere to go if mom or dad can't be there, always a phone call from the parents first though.

these folks are about the same age as the rabbits but are different animals altogether...... some folks are simply brought up right, others have yet to learn regardless of age.

sorry for the long and boring post but it just explains a little of what I am like......I'm not evil wicked mean and nasty, but prod me long enough and I can be.

7 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #652
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Oh, and 93EB_SXR6, before you jump on me again, I too don't believe in violence as a first response but as a last resort but sometimes you have to use your best judgement and in this case and in situations like the one poppa Smurf found himself in where you live in a small community in a relatively remote place and your new neighbours are trying it on, you either nip it in the bud or make yourself a target for ongoing provocation when said neighbours realise you don't have the backbone for a confrontation. I probably would have done the same thing in the same circumstances because at least the bogans now know you won't be messed with easily.

I could tell some horror stories about the psycho bogan next door who spent 2 years trying to provoke me into a violent act just so he could get me arrested but guess what, he keeps his head down now because I did get the police, and the council and welfare and the power company and the water company etc. to make his life so uncomfortable that he finally learned to pull his head in.... but that's my situation and not Poppa Smurfs. I hope you get the point; common sense and best judgement in each individual circumstance. The world isn't black and white, we all live in the grey areas.

MINE- AUII Forte

2 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #653
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Hey Poppa, sounds like you and I might get on all right. You're up north there somewhere ain'tcha? If you ever get down this way near the bottom of the Eyre Peninsula let me know, I'll take ya fishin'.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 11-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #654
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey Poppa, sounds like you and I might get on all right. You're up north there somewhere ain'tcha? If you ever get down this way near the bottom of the Eyre Peninsula let me know, I'll take ya fishin'.
ah! fishing, one of my favourite pastimes, you blokes got some good fish down that way, how come you haven't got any blue crabs???.......

just had an old mate sell his pro fish license and move back here from that region albeit a little further west, he was up around ceduna way.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #655
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

No I'm certainly not a past or present "bureaucratic member."
I guess I'll clear this up for you BushBasher, since you misunderstood my post.
Firstly, as I previously stated: "I'm not trying to demonise PoppaSmurf, just asking him to reconsider how he deals with such matters in the future for his own sake."
Nowhere in Poppa Smurf's post did he say that he actually called the police on this occasion, he just claims he punched the other guy when asked whether he would call them - so it still seems he hadn't explored all avenues possible.
To make it very clear, I could care less what happened to the filthy bogan only that nobody ends up in jail because of a simple noise dispute. "Just asking him to reconsider how he deals with such matters in the future for his own sake"

You said I jumped on you and that you never said anything about lying to the police but it certainly seems you did. I will now quote your post.

Quote:
Certainly sounds like you're condoning lying to police "who are they likely to listen to..." must surely suggest fabricating a false story.
If there is no logical way that your post suggests being untruthful to the police, please accept my apologies. I'd be very surprised if you can honestly say it doesn't.

Cheers.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #656
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Without wanting to get into a semantic argument about it, yes I can see how you might think there's an implied lie to be told there but in my follow up post I did say that all someone would have to say is "prove it". End of story.

Police : "this man says you punched him"

accused : "did he..and?"

Police : "did you hit him?"

accused : "prove it"

Police : "So you did hit him?"

accused : "I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying is, if he's accusing me of hitting him let him prove it"

There is no lie in that exchange, evasion perhaps but no lie, but hey, isn't that what politicians do every day and they don't get arrested for it?

........ and so it goes, round and round till the police man gives up, looks at the situation, looks at the circumstances, thinks the bogan probably provoked it if it did indeed happen, finds it all too hard and not worth the aggravation and paperwork so uses a bit of common sense and discretion and says to the bogan, you can't prove he hit you so there's nothing I can do, sorry. Maybe you should turn the music down sir. It is 4.30am and the law says you must turn it down by 10pm.

I'm no saint but neither am I a recidivist delinquent bent on taking revenge on the world because my life sucks. I treat people with the common respect anyone deserves, then with the respect they earn by their actions. I tend to give the benefit of the doubt even to my own detriment at times and I'll happily bend over backwards to help out those in need so long as I can see that they are also trying to do the right thing. But I'll be damned if I'll give an inch to the likes of the feral bogan oxygen thieves as described above especially when I, like Poppa Smurf, would have tried to do it the "nice way" first, and if push came to shove in that particular situation you bet I'd say I didn't hit him and you can't prove otherwise.

And besides, don't you think the feral bogan isn't going to lie through his teeth the first time he's challenged at the front door by a cop about his behaviour and provocation... plleeeeaaassseee.

What goes around comes around.... to get respect you have to give respect...... treat unto others as you would have them treat unto you, blah, blah, blah........

moving on...

MINE- AUII Forte

Last edited by Bushbasher; 11-12-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #657
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
ah! fishing, one of my favourite pastimes, you blokes got some good fish down that way, how come you haven't got any blue crabs???.......

We do have the odd blue swimmer around here but there's a whole lot more of them farther up the gulf. Whyalla's pretty good for crabs, at least it used to be when I grew up there last century..........geez I'm getting old, lol.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 11-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #658
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Ok Bushbasher, I'm not interested in having any sort of argument or debate about all this. I was basing my comments off what you said in your first post about mine (the only one you had posted on the topic when I originally responded).
It's not worth any sort of conflict, I'm willing to accept your perspective on the topic and drop it. As I've stated, I was originally only trying give some advice to anybody reading (that violence should be a last resort) based off my own experiences and not trying to upset anybody. Even when acting in self defence, attending court and standing in front of a judge is not fun. I can't imagine getting convicted and jailed would bring much joy either.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #659
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

No worries 93EB_SXR6, it's all good..

So, back to the subject...

I hate getting stuck in a car park and having to wait for and watch the useless gumby, usually a female but not always, that takes 15 attempts to park their fiesta/getz/jazz/yaris/barina between the other 2 shoe boxes. When gumby finally gets in they are still usually sideways and so close to the poor sod on the left that said poor sod won't be able to get back in their drivers door unless they climb through the window and you could park a Harley on gumbys drivers side and still not touch anything as you got off your bike.
Conversely, the same problem with the idiot in the Toorak Tractor for exactly the same reasons with exactly the same result, except for the Harley bit of coarse.

If you can't steer a car properly and have no spacial awareness STAY OUT OF THE BL00DY CAR PARK!!

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 11-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #660
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:

Its actually the local council that sets the rules. The police are the ones who are called on to enforce them.
Around here the restriction is 8pm. It makes no difference if you notify people. I have kids, and PTSD. This neighbourhood is quiet and the laws back that up-that's why I live here. Don't like it-**** off to a place with more open laws and/or distances.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: