Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
ondori
Addicted User

Default fuel issues with LR focus

’03 LR focus Zetec

My problems started with the fuel pump dying, no warning, replaced with new one. A few days later one of the fuel relays dried, was replaced. Now it will not start on the first attempt, having to turn the ignition off and back on after every attempt. I was told if problems persist next I ‘may’ require a new fuel regulator.

Any other ideas on the cause or other possible solutions to the problem would greatly help.

Old 13-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #2
BlackLS
yum

When was the fuel filter changed?

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

It's the first time I've heard of a fuel issue with LR. Perhaps take a look at ffoc.co.uk to see if anyone has had an issue in UK or focusfanatics.com for US
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post