Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-03-2021, 06:28 PM   #9931
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

So entire qld has to wear masks yet no local stores have stock. You couldn't make this crap up?!!!
This user likes this post:
Old 29-03-2021, 06:41 PM   #9932
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have they identified how the leak occurred?

Also vaguely remember the one in mid March at golden state was also a mystery. Did that get resolve?

Or have states learnt not to let too much out of the bag after Victoria's last debacle?

Hope we are still sharing and learning.
Old 29-03-2021, 07:21 PM   #9933
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Have they identified how the leak occurred?

Also vaguely remember the one in mid March at golden state was also a mystery. Did that get resolve?

Or have states learnt not to let too much out of the bag after Victoria's last debacle?

Hope we are still sharing and learning.
It's not relevant when you have full confidence in your historically, properly-funded state health system. As Kerry Chant said, you can let the occasional one go through to the keeper when your CT is so strong. Her opinion has been bourn out by The Gold Standard State's ongoing success.

States where health spending has been pared back and control centered have no alternative than to hit the lock-down button...
Old 29-03-2021, 07:31 PM   #9934
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
It's not relevant when you have full confidence in your historically, properly-funded state health system. ...
Interesting comment. With that concept, we should all stop wasting money with hotel quarantine then. Instead, just hire a massive team of contract tracers to deal with whenever an infection is identified

Learning from each other's errors has been key to keeping the hotel quarantine system relatively successful nationally I would have thought.
Old 30-03-2021, 04:35 AM   #9935
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Australian vaccination rollout risks falling behind rest of world

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...-world-_270321
When I was at the doctor’s the other day, I thought to ask how the vaccinations were going. The takeaway summary was, slower than preferred and an excessive level of patient/prospective patient anger and aggression.
Old 30-03-2021, 11:18 AM   #9936
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk says Queensland has recorded eight new locally acquired coronavirus cases, with two suspected clusters identified.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...test/100036892
Old 30-03-2021, 11:51 AM   #9937
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’m loving some of the lingua obscura coming out of Queensland, cf: “The man attended a hen’s party as an entertainer”…

Personally I don’t think it looks too hot for the Sunshine State at present. I have concerns that the hard-earned casual approach of NSW may result in people visiting out of order and spreading the not-so-goodness around on their return.
Old 30-03-2021, 12:47 PM   #9938
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’m loving some of the lingua obscura coming out of Queensland, cf: “The man attended a hen’s party as an entertainer”…

Personally I don’t think it looks too hot for the Sunshine State at present. I have concerns that the hard-earned casual approach of NSW may result in people visiting out of order and spreading the not-so-goodness around on their return.
not unexpected, just listenning and seeing the Palace Chook up front and centre in pressers is cringeworthy but thats what they vote for
Wonder how he dressed up for the hens party ?, a carrot
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 30-03-2021, 01:08 PM   #9939
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 29th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

18 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.105%.

11 new case and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.043% and active cases 86.

The UK had a higher 4,654 cases yesterday and 23 deaths.

Just under 57k new cases in the USA yesterday and 551 deaths sees CMR at 1.816%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 128M, the last 1M in 2 days;
Global deaths pass 2.8M, the last 50k in 5 days;
The USA passes 31M cases;

Mongolia (575);
Norway (1,321);
Bangladesh (5,181) - the previous high on 2/7/20; and
Philippines (10,018)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Iran moves above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2021, 01:40 PM   #9940
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
I think that is bordering on invasion of privacy and could be extremely embarrassing to the guy. What about that his mother etc

Could have just said that a person attended a gathering at Byron and left it at that.
Old 30-03-2021, 02:44 PM   #9941
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

It’ll be interesting on world wide numbers during, and after Semana santa? (Easter week)
This is when Covid woke the world last year
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2021, 03:30 PM   #9942
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Some random stats for global numbers.

There are now almost a handful of countries with mortality rates above 200 per 100k of population:

Gibraltar (279), San Marino (247), Czechia (243) and Hungary (208.7)

.. with Slovenia (193.5), Belgium (195.9) and Bosnia (197.6) knocking on that door.

53 countries have less than 2 deaths per 100k of population with 104 being >20, including the ones above. The global average is 36.03/100k.

16 countries have had some cases but no mortalities while 1 country (Western Sahara) has a CMR over 10% and 1 country (Yemen) has a CMR over 20% but both look to have massively under-reported case numbers.

13 countries have cases/100k below 10 while 136 countries are >500 cases / 100k population. The global average is 1,647 / 100k with several countries over 10,000 cases per 100k.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2021, 10:09 AM   #9943
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Merkel holds crisis meeting as some regions halt AstraZeneca for under-60s

https://www.theage.com.au/world/euro...31-p57ffo.html

"Authorities in Berlin, Munich, Brandenburg state and the country’s biggest state, North Rhine-Westphalia, made the decision to temporarily halt vaccinations for younger people after the country’s medical regulator said it had received additional reports of an unusual form of blood clot in the head, known as sinus vein thrombosis, in recent recipients of the AstraZeneca vaccine. All together, those areas are home to almost a third of the German population.

The Paul Ehrlich Institute said a total of 31 such blood clots were reported by March 29 out of some 2.7 million doses of AstraZeneca that have been administered across the whole of Germany so far. Nine of the people died and all but two of the cases involved women, who were aged 20 to 63, it said."
Old 31-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #9944
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Canada on the wagon too...

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...lots-c-2472922
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 31-03-2021, 11:09 AM   #9945
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Only 2 new zekes in QLD today. Linked to existing cluster. 33,000 tests done.
3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2021, 11:45 AM   #9946
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
Merkel holds crisis meeting as some regions halt AstraZeneca for under-60s

https://www.theage.com.au/world/euro...31-p57ffo.html

"Authorities in Berlin, Munich, Brandenburg state and the country’s biggest state, North Rhine-Westphalia, made the decision to temporarily halt vaccinations for younger people after the country’s medical regulator said it had received additional reports of an unusual form of blood clot in the head, known as sinus vein thrombosis, in recent recipients of the AstraZeneca vaccine. All together, those areas are home to almost a third of the German population.

The Paul Ehrlich Institute said a total of 31 such blood clots were reported by March 29 out of some 2.7 million doses of AstraZeneca that have been administered across the whole of Germany so far. Nine of the people died and all but two of the cases involved women, who were aged 20 to 63, it said."
Move along, nothing to see here. Line up here all you sheep and take your shot.

These things keep stacking up. If you are not in a high risk group, you must be a complete dullard if you want a vaccine with potential side effects for a virus that even if you do get it (highly unlikely), you have a 99% chance of complete recovery.

Probably higher odds of getting blood clots than actually dying of covid in australia.
Old 31-03-2021, 12:03 PM   #9947
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Move along, nothing to see here. Line up here all you sheep and take your shot.

These things keep stacking up. If you are not in a high risk group, you must be a complete dullard if you want a vaccine with potential side effects for a virus that even if you do get it (highly unlikely), you have a 99% chance of complete recovery.

Probably higher odds of getting blood clots than actually dying of covid in australia.
Thankyou agreed, I am no SM user and from what I hear its rife with posters like this, do people actually expect NO fatilities during vaccine periods.
Is it the vaccine the cause ?
As it's quoted in that article :

31 such re blood clots of some 2.7M dose's to date.
Like WTF - retreat retreat.
Any facts it was the vaccine alone causing the clots ?

followed by this :
The company said it would continue to work with German authorities to address any questions they might have, while also analysing its own records to understand whether the rare blood clots reported occur more commonly “than would be expected naturally in a population of millions of people”.

So glad I don't do SM, its bad enough here at times.
Old 31-03-2021, 12:43 PM   #9948
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeah I am not convinced the vaccine is the root cause, but what do I know.

What pre-existing conditions were there etc etc
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 31-03-2021, 12:50 PM   #9949
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Thankyou agreed, I am no SM user and from what I hear its rife with posters like this, do people actually expect NO fatilities during vaccine periods.
Ummmmmm I think you missed Bossxr8's point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poyal
Its the uncertainty that is causing concerns. As I said before, these countries are not running backyard operations when it comes to health and safety.

At the end of the day people will fall into one of two camps "Everyone take the vaccine until its proven to be unsafe" or "Everyone only take the vaccine once its proven to be safe"..... excluding the anti vaxxers.
Old 31-03-2021, 01:05 PM   #9950
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
........, you have a 99% chance of complete recovery.
It seems ~1/3 of people who have had it would disagree.

Sick for the long haul: One third of COVID-19 patients have symptoms for eight months

https://www.smh.com.au/national/sick...30-p57fbl.html

"The landmark ADAPT study shows 32 per cent of 81 COVID-19 patients diagnosed at St Vincent’s Hospital’s testing clinics reported still feeling ill 240 days post-infection."

"Derek Young, 55, still feels the brain fog of COVID-19 more than a year after he tested positive in mid-March 2020. The high fever, sweats, shivering and muscle aches had all passed within six weeks, but the “incredible fatigue” dragged on for eight months.

"At first I was sleeping 22 of 24 hours a day, but for months I would have a good run of three or four days, then have to take a day off to just sleep,” he said.

“Everyday functions – internet banking – I couldn’t do. To this day I’ll still forget something, or reach for a word I can’t find.”"
Old 31-03-2021, 01:06 PM   #9951
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post

What pre-existing conditions were there etc etc
It's the issue of these rare blood clots only happening after taking the vaccine that worries me. Sure, it may all just be coincidental, but these issues keep stacking up. They aren't one offs.

I'd rather take my 0.000000001% chance of dying of covid, that I my never even be infected with, than a 0.000000001% chance I get blood clots, or something else, when I take this vaccine. It's just introducing a potential problem for a problem I may never even get, or know I even had in many cases.
Old 31-03-2021, 01:09 PM   #9952
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 30th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

20 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.103%.

2 new case and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.042% and active cases 80.

The UK had a lower 4,040 cases yesterday and 55 deaths. That's the 4th consecutive day under 5k cases.

Just under 60.5k new cases in the USA yesterday and 700 deaths sees CMR at 1.815%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
South America passes 21M cases;
Asia passes 28M cases;

Réunion (1,025);
Venezuela (1,288) - the previous high on 13/8/20;
Norway (1,575);
Uruguay (2,877);
Greece (4,322);
Bulgaria (5,176); and
Turkey (37,303) - the previous high on 6/12/20

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Azerbaijan and Oman move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2021, 01:29 PM   #9953
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Here we go... GSS kicks into gear

Person at bachelorette venue tests positive, restrictions for northern NSW

Quote:
A person who attended the same venue as the bachelorette party that prompted health alerts in Byron Shire has tested positive to coronavirus, bringing an end to 14 days without community transmission of the virus in NSW.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 31-03-2021, 02:20 PM   #9954
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Here we go... GSS kicks into gear
Looks like that badge of honour might be stripped away pretty soon The lovey dovey antics are off.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...0867d273659f74

"Hazzard:

I know our front line health staff, our public health staff have been working into the wee small hours, night after night to do what they have done in the last 15 months.

One day we are the gold standard and the next day we are being told we are not.

We are still the gold standard because we have amazing frontline health staff and if we are given the clear evidence and indications of what we are going to get, we will work to that.

Not happy at all today and I think the federal government should be offering apologies to not only our government but other governments around the country.

You need to know if you are going to win a war, you can’t have the tanks and artillery all dropped at airport and told about it and then go public with it a few days later. You have to know what your supply lines are and you have to be able to work to those. We are at frontline of a war, New South Wales and the other public health teams and we have been doing a very good job with our public health officials, working hard.

I find this very offensive."
Old 31-03-2021, 02:32 PM   #9955
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

LOL we have a Prime Minister that doesnt want to play politics, he must of missed that part of the job description! FMD
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 31-03-2021, 04:26 PM   #9956
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Ummmmmm I think you missed Bossxr8's point

Its the uncertainty that is causing concerns. As I said before, these countries are not running backyard operations when it comes to health and safety.

At the end of the day people will fall into one of two camps "Everyone take the vaccine until its proven to be unsafe" or "Everyone only take the vaccine once its proven to be safe"..... excluding the anti vaxxers.
me think you miss mine as well
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2021, 05:04 PM   #9957
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

So… Will Bluesfest be cancelled or not?

I feel a few in seats of authority have a finger hovering above the “Delete Event” button!
Old 31-03-2021, 05:23 PM   #9958
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
So… Will Bluesfest be cancelled or not?

I feel a few in seats of authority have a finger hovering above the “Delete Event” button!
Just on the ABC now - gone, baby, gone... That's a kick in guts for a struggling industry :(

They pulled the pin themselves - too hard with the restrictions.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2021, 05:40 PM   #9959
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

right call by Bluefest mind you as much as it would hurt.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2021, 06:33 PM   #9960
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting development.....

Putin holds video conference with leaders of France, Germany

https://tass.com/politics/1272283

"Possible supplies of the Russian Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine to the European Union were among the topics discussed by Russian President Vladimir Putin, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Emmanuel Macron, the Kremlin press service said.

"Special attention was focused on the task to consolidate efforts to combat the common threat - the coronavirus pandemic. In this context, the leaders discussed measures to prevent further spread of the disease," the Kremlin said.

The leaders also looked at "prospects for the registration of the Russian Sputnik V vaccine in the European Union and its possible supplies and joint production in EU countries," it said."

And regarding Bluefest - Brad Hazzard signed the public health order to cancel it.
Closed Thread