Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-02-2005, 07:20 PM   #31
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats matey ......... Its refreshing to see another true Ford fan working at a dealership ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #32
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Good on you B2TF!

You sound really enthusiastic about your new job, so it sounds to me like you'll go far.

You never know, you might end up with your own section on the forum for prices on parts. :

I hope you stay happy in your job and it takes you to the places you want to go. _2:
Old 08-02-2005, 07:40 PM   #33
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
As of Today I am the newest employee of Hillis Ford, here in Wagga.
That's fantastic news. I couldn't think of a better job for a ford man.

When you've worked your way thru the ranks and your up at the top running the show, remember your old mate Buckie. Look after me on a deal on that 2030 GT : I've got some time between now and then to pick a colour and figure out if I want it with or without stripes. :hihi:
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 07:46 PM   #34
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
As of Today I am the newest employee of Hillis Ford, here in Wagga. I'll be undertaking a Spare Parts Interpreter Traineeship, as well as few other odd jobs around the dealership, and i can't wait. In about 2 years time I'll be a fully qualified Interpreter, recognised by Ford and pretty much every other Spare Parts Business, which is great.

As a result, I'll also be able to be a bit more helpful with some of the parts queries and questions on here, give me some time to learn the systems and i will hopefully be able to help you guys out with whatever you need.

Enjoy the position and make the most of hopefully cheaper ford parts !
Is anyone else here undertaking a similar position?

Awesome. My bro does that for Westrac who not long ago scored the CAT contract. He's earning upwards of 65k and thats his walk in the door salary. He's finished his diesel mechanic trade so this seemed like a cushy change.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 08:10 PM   #35
Twisted
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFOracing
What's a Spare Parts Interpreter?

</poor Chineese Engrish> I need new crock in car. It keep brinking 12

Congrats!
Bwahaha! I was wondering about "interpreter" and that just popped into my mind!

Congrats on the new job B2TF, sounds great!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 09:05 PM   #36
b2tf
not here much anymore

Dwayne.

yeah ill remember you lol. There's nice a black GT-P in the yard atm, ex Ford execs car (how it got up to Wagga i have no idea). Certainly goes alright though.

Luvinmy, hopefully once i've done the training and worked my way through the parts (there's 2 floors of stuff, in excess of 200,000 items in stock atm and it grows weekly), i'll be able to help out. At this stage i still need to learn how to use Catman (the system which helps you work out which part you need), but after that it should be smooth sailing. I am certainly looking forward to being able to diagnose problems and figure out which part to use, and help you guys do the same.

I've also found out today that i'm being considered for a trainee sales job at Hartwigs Trucks, who are the biggest in the area, so if i get that i will have a difficult decision to make. Nonetheless, im looking forward to Thursday!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #37
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Wow you have opportunities just being thrown at you at the moment, did you help an old lady cross the street or something?

200,000 items huh? You should have them memorized by next week. :P

The experiences that I've had with Ford, the sales guys grabs a mechanic, he tells you what part you need, then you wander off and see the parts guy, he punches it into the system and tells you if they have it or not.

Good luck with your decision, which ever one you choose. And remember if it feels like work, your in the wrong job. ;)
Old 08-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #38
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Dwayne.

yeah ill remember you lol. There's nice a black GT-P in the yard atm, ex Ford execs car (how it got up to Wagga i have no idea). Certainly goes alright though.
Black is my favourite colour. But i bet the price isn't favourable
Old 08-02-2005, 09:57 PM   #39
b2tf
not here much anymore

The way it works at my dealership (i like saying that lol), we have a counter and you come and see us. We go through catman, and based on what you tell us and the diagrams we show you, we get the part accordingly, or order it if it's not in stock.

Service department puts their order in the night before, we pack it so that when the cars due for services the day after arrive, they have the parts they need. We also pack orders for about 13 other dealers around here. So it's a pretty busy job.

Dwayne i dont know the price of the GT-P, but i can find out. Can even deliver it to you free of charge ;).
Old 08-02-2005, 10:03 PM   #40
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll need finance. Lets say 100 bucks a week for next 20 or 30 years.

Thanks for the offer, but it will only make me cry
Old 08-02-2005, 10:16 PM   #41
b2tf
not here much anymore

5.4L Auto, 2004 Build. Just under 18,000 kms.

When should i tell them you'll be coming in? :
Old 08-02-2005, 11:03 PM   #42
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:

First there gets it... dammit I'm driving a hired Lancer.. I lose. :(

Damn you EB!!!! :
Old 08-02-2005, 11:16 PM   #43
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You lucky lucky Barrstard - Thats the one job I really wanted after twenty years as a Storeman (Aussie Navy) there just wasn't any openings when I was looking. I'm now the stores controller for a Power station here in Adelaide, great job but I still yearn for that spare parts job at Fords.

Good Luck in your new position and maybe next time I'm driving through Wagga I'll stop in & say G'day

Paul B
XR6WGN

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 12:32 AM   #44
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Congrats! Will have to pay you a visit some time...hope the team at Hillis are good and you enjoy your new role.

Russ
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 02:57 AM   #45
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Catman is useless unless you know what your doing - I tried getting the chrome bit of the bootlid off a BA Fairmont and it wasn't listed. The Ghia bit (no. plate) surround kept coming up. The person behind the counter insisted that what I wanted did not exist. I ended up losing my temper and dragging the ******** outside and pointing to the boot of a BA Fairmont in the yard and saying "THERE!!! THATS WHAT I MEAN! I WANT THAT!!" "But its not listed sir.."

Ended up going to another yard (where I bought the car) and walked out with the bit I wanted..
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 09:04 AM   #46
ADZ351
Starter Motor

Congrats and good luck with the new job, Catman's nothing to fear because you are learning it from scratch and not trying to convert from the old microcat basic number sections. I work at Kloster Ford as a parts interpretor and our dealerships are always buying parts from each other, so Ill talk to you soon.
ADZ351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:24 AM   #47
hambo_12

Quote:

Nah lets see the MKII GTP!!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #48
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

congrats B2F!!!

i just applied for a job at stillwell Ford in Medindie here at Adelaide, although its an office job hahahahahaha

just thought id try and get a foot in somewhere cause ya never know aye

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 12:03 PM   #49
b2tf
not here much anymore

ADZ351,

good to know someone else is on here doing the same thing. Do you have a copy of catman on your home PC? IM thinking about trying to get one so i can practise on it, although im not sure if they'll give it to me cos its a pretty important thing.

Neris, hopefully that wont happen, and hopefully you wont come into my dealership : :hihi: .

All it means now is that im going to be surroundedby new cars and it's going to be 10000x more tempting to go and see the bank manager. :
Old 09-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #50
ADZ351
Starter Motor

Quote:
ADZ351,

good to know someone else is on here doing the same thing. Do you have a copy of catman on your home PC? IM thinking about trying to get one so i can practise on it, although im not sure if they'll give it to me cos its a pretty important thing
. :
Yep, I have catman at home, only thing is each copy of catman is licenced and requires a dongle to be attached to the computer to load it and run it. Dongles are issued by infomedia and your dealership pays a monthly subscription fee for each one. The boss is fine about taking a dongle home to learn new catalogues when they came out. It would be good for you to do the same, in your own time at your own pace.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:30 PM   #51
b2tf
not here much anymore

Alright, i might see if can get a copy. Did you do the Fordstar course, if so, how did you find it?
Old 09-02-2005, 10:23 PM   #52
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Saturday. Especially if they'll take 100 bucks a week. Maybe I can stretch it out to 102.35 per week. Mates rates
Old 10-02-2005, 08:48 AM   #53
ADZ351
Starter Motor

Quote:
Alright, i might see if can get a copy. Did you do the Fordstar course, if so, how did you find it?
I started before Fordstar was introduced, but I have sat in on some training, and in our office when a new guy starts we video tape his Fordstar sessions and anyone from the office can take the tape and watch. Its very informative, and the trainer Peter Jacobson always has interesting videos on how things work and sometimes he throws in old Ford TV ads from the 70's and 80's. Its a great training system.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:23 AM   #54
BOON250

I work as a parts interpretor for a Euro car dealership which is cool. But I always wanted a job at Ford. Trtouble is though the local dealer is full of idiots and I cant see myself working there!!!

But good luck and good on ya for the job anyway!!!!! :sm_headba

BOON250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post