Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #151
The Mighty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS5
mate a few of us are heading out next thursday for the 7 to 11 meet .if you can come for a run.

i won't be throwing down no gauntlet.but i'l be giving it a good bash none the less to see how it goes.
Ok , no worries , I'm in,
Old 26-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #152
The Monty
Just slidin'

I will probably go out for my last run before I go forced induction. Will be fun as. See if I can set a new PB as the sun sets, and its starts getting chilli.
Old 26-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #153
The Mighty Red

I will have to learn to take an auto down the 1/4 , a rush of blood will easy see me hit the limiter between shifts LOL....
Old 30-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #154
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

Spotted the wagon today driving past sefton smash while i was outside, sounded good but was that the big cam in it?

TS50 Build
mr_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #155
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_xr8
Spotted the wagon today driving past sefton smash while i was outside, sounded good but was that the big cam in it?

Hahahah !! Yes it was the big cam.I have done some secret Stav mods to get it idling like that .That and Croydon touched up my idle when I first got it. It would not idle before .It was race cam sounding. What were you doing in Sefton? Do you work there?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #156
b2tf
not here much anymore

Bah Stav you and your secret mods, soon yout'll be covering the car in blankets so noone can see all your secrets!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:21 PM   #157
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Austin ..half the fun in life is doing it yourself. How can I tell everybody my secret mods and give it to them on a platter.

Fair enough some things I do tell but many wont really appreciate whats given to them. I actually see some cars with my ideas on them and giving credit to some bloke who reads what we post. In saying that ..how can I have the heart to spoil their path of self discovery? Let them try as well. They will only be held back as far as they want to or are capable. The computer makes life all too easy.

Before you know it they will be blowing my doors off with all of my information. Who? Someone who hasnt got the initiative or capability to do it themselves. .Nar I wont take the human gift of innovation from anyone..I will let them expand their horizons on their own merits and struggles. If we keep spoon feeding everyone then their brains will shrink to the size of a pea.

People can spend their own time and love into a project just as I have. This is the best fun of all.

I have officially thrown down the gauntlet.Whoever is able in an AU six then let them come forth!!

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 02-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #158
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
Austin ..half the fun in life is doing it yourself. How can I tell everybody my secret mods and give it to them on a platter.

Fair enough some things I do tell but many wont really appreciate whats given to them. I actually see some cars with my ideas on them and giving credit to some bloke who reads what we post. In saying that ..how can I have the heart to spoil their path of self discovery? Let them try as well. They will only be held back as far as they want to or are capable. The computer makes life all too easy.

Before you know it they will be blowing my doors off with all of my information. Who? Someone who hasnt got the initiative or capability to do it themselves. .Nar I wont take the human gift of innovation from anyone..I will let them expand their horizons on their own merits and struggles. If we keep spoon feeding everyone then their brains will shrink to the size of a pea.

People can spend their own time and love into a project just as I have. This is the best fun of all.

I have officially thrown down the gauntlet.Whoever is able in an AU six then let them come forth!!

Spot on Stav! Coming from a bloke that has done alot of experimental stuff and custom bits and pieces i know exactly where you come from mate keep it up! Nothing quite like the feeling of doing something yourself that works out better than what the off the shelf stuff has to offer.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #159
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

Quote:
Hahahah !! Yes it was the big cam.I have done some secret Stav mods to get it idling like that .That and Croydon touched up my idle when I first got it. It would not idle before .It was race cam sounding. What were you doing in Sefton? Do you work there?
nice

i actually work in revesby. i was at sefton smash, dropping off the xr it needed some love lol

TS50 Build
mr_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #160
LOWAU

v
Quote:

Then whats the point posting on these forums? to brag?

I know you have tried alot of new things and pioneered the way for the AU owners and I respect that, but if you don't share that knowledge how can you expect other people to do the same.
LOWAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #161
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWAU
v
Then whats the point posting on these forums? to brag?

I know you have tried alot of new things and pioneered the way for the AU owners and I respect that, but if you don't share that knowledge how can you expect other people to do the same.
I do share my knowledge mate. I have shared 98 % of my knowledge here. But I dont have to tell everything. I dont want to sound like a scumbag and I am one of the first to step up and help everybody but at the end of the day I have payed very dearly for the knowledge and thousands of hours of effort on the car. In saying that other guys have offered me help and I return the favour no probllem.

Lets have a look at my costs in my plight for a quicker car shall we? All bs aside now.You will start to see why I am keeping a few things to myself as a self respecting bloke...or I can open a workshop and charge people for my efforts.

Jmm extractors
2.5 inch xorst and fit jmm headers..
jmm cam dev 4 and timing gear
redo doiff
redo diff out of warranty
3 automatic gearboxes
2 engines 3rd one in.
install cam
Unichip and to install tune

First edit tune ..not so happy with results
second edit tune
surecam..
cylinder head my porting then new guides etc
install head
gtech pro
special shift kit i built 30 dollars.

Yes modding a car does cost money. $11267 dollars to date .Most of the products did not work or deliver the gains they said they would. Otherwise I would have spent the money just once and less than half of it.

What worked?
Look at my workshop buildup and see.It is all there..every detail bar a few lately. I feel I have every right to keep these to myself .If you want to go faster then be prepared to do the hard yards.I make no apologies for not telling.If you want to know..then you can send me a cheque.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #162
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_xr8
nice

i actually work in revesby. i was at sefton smash, dropping off the xr it needed some love lol
Heheh just smile and wave next time mate!!

Old 02-05-2007, 08:22 PM   #163
Stav
Smile

Quote:

bring it on boys.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #164
The Monty
Just slidin'

Ill have a crack..........................

once I get my turbo on, lol.
You are doing great things Stav, I want to see you do a 13. I reckon you can do it.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:45 PM   #165
LOWAU

Fair enough, when you put it that way.

And I will have a crack :jab: , or should I say my brother will . We installed dev5 cam tonite and I will write a new thread tomorrow explaining it.
LOWAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 09:10 PM   #166
cotton eye joe
Starter Motor

Quote:
Simon.There are a few eseries guys in the 13's. No au sixes yet and absolutely no auto e or au series cars into 13's yet.Nevertheless Joe had spent some good time on the car and it has done well.Good onya Joe. :

Also I have a feeling that this winter will see alot more quicker 1/4 mile times to come .
my ef auto has run a best of 13.974 @ 97.13 at palmyra NQ
cotton eye joe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2007, 01:21 AM   #167
The Mighty Red

Quote:
bring it on boys.
I went to Willowbank tonight and ran a 15.56 @ 91.72mph , this was in full street trim with the spare tyre and tools etc in the boot , i didnt take anything out of the car and it had $25 of 91 unleaded in it .

took the missus and the kids and we had a great night .

I was hoping to run a mid to low 15 so i am pretty happy with the time considering my only mods are exhaust and cai.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #168
Stav
Smile

That is an awesome time for the minimal mods.Well done.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:08 PM   #169
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton eye joe
my ef auto has run a best of 13.974 @ 97.13 at palmyra NQ
Give us more details in the eseries area.
always keen to hear of some quick n/a 6's!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #170
The Mighty Red

Quote:
That is an awesome time for the minimal mods.Well done.
Cheers Stav, It gives me a starting point and something to improve on .

I am going to go for the 3.9 gears and 3000 high stall next and I am hoping that will see me into the 14's :jab:

I had forgotten what a blast letting rip on the strip is

here's my slip.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q...lowbank004.jpg
Old 08-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #171
snortingboost
XF Ghia. All snorted out

IMHO For a streetable combo capable of a 13, you require 160 rwkw's and alot of other stuff to go your way before you can crack it. I may be pointing out the obvious but I know of very few N/A streetable I6's cutting into the bracket, usually 13.8 @ 99mph on a dream run. Most runs are had between 14.2 and 14.5 due to inconsistance. If you are still with an auto, you leviate a handful of these but will loose considerable power running it. I run an auto for consistancy/durability reasons but i also use a small jet engine mounted upon my powerplant to counteract the loss.

Getting the correct balance between valvetiming, port runner length, flowing of the head along with a large cam/heavy duty springs will get things happening. After that you need to consider the chassis, final ratio (4.11), suspension, etc etc. Good luck with it.
snortingboost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 09:00 AM   #172
Stav
Smile

Boo!!! No it hasnt gone away. : : :

Old 01-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #173
Stav
Smile

Default Level playing field?

Ok..so guys are running in extreme weight reduction then posting up their times. What sort of comparison is this? Is it an accurate way to compare. Does drag racing now employ every technical and sleight of hand trick to get the 1/4 mile?

Old 01-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #174
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ok..so guys are running in extreme weight reduction then posting up their times. What sort of comparison is this? Is it an accurate way to compare. Does drag racing now employ every technical and sleight of hand trick to get the 1/4 mile?
LOL Stav, Mate slow down or I'm gunna need to send the nurse in again, In SA we have shortned the track by 400 mtrs to improve our times.

Wait we don't even have one any more
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #175
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
LOL Stav, Mate slow down or I'm gunna need to send the nurse in again, In SA we have shortned the track by 400 mtrs to improve our times.

Wait we don't even have one any more
Heheh its only 12 odd hours drive \to wsid .Not that far.I am stirring the pot a bit...but I love it!!! :

Old 01-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #176
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think it is extremely hard to compare times these days, as it is no longer apples for apples...or was it ever? With varying amounts of mods that people do..ie diff, stallies, race rubber etc it is not possible to compare times for 2 cars with the same rwkw. I do believe though, if you strip the interior of your car out to reduce weight then it should be made known to all that this has been done. I personally only remove the spare and jack as I want a true indication of what my car (and myself) can achieve in normal daily driver mode. These are only ramblings from a deranged man and should not be taken as offensive by anyone who does strip their car, as I also believe each to their own. WooooHoooo, I have now successfully placed my self on top of the fence and that is where I shall sit.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #177
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
I think it is extremely hard to compare times these days, as it is no longer apples for apples...or was it ever? With varying amounts of mods that people do..ie diff, stallies, race rubber etc it is not possible to compare times for 2 cars with the same rwkw. I do believe though, if you strip the interior of your car out to reduce weight then it should be made known to all that this has been done. I personally only remove the spare and jack as I want a true indication of what my car (and myself) can achieve in normal daily driver mode. These are only ramblings from a deranged man and should not be taken as offensive by anyone who does strip their car, as I also believe each to their own. WooooHoooo, I have now successfully placed my self on top of the fence and that is where I shall sit.
Rob.I sit with you mate.I do remove the tyre and jack.In saying that I ran with 3/4 of a tank of fuel. Silly me. I like to know what my car really runs as a daily driver. Whats the point of the fast ba sixes if I put them in the rear view mirror every time and they get better et's than me with this reduction?

I also hope no one takes offence as I am trying to objectively get thoughts on this point? When I threw down the gauntlet at the beggining of this thread the main idea was for a daily driver into the 13 second bracket. I like my console for my cd's,carpet to keep warm and passengers seats for passengers.Is my point of view wrong? Do I have to throw down a second gauntlet openning pandoras box to a plethora of my ideas to destroy pb's set with fleas driving the car?

The cam I am running for example is not a race cam.It is a street cam.I could go much bigger and push the car to wsid with a 2litre milk carton with bosch 044 pump attached for weight savings.It will wipe out alot of pb's. It would be putting out 230 rwkws and a torque curve that will wipe the smile off even the turbo boys.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:36 PM   #178
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Hehe it all makes sense what you blokes are saying but this street trim race trim nonsense - My car is raced in street trim, yes. Is my car complete in street trim though? **** no. So far ive only raced it how i drive it on the street and its 1600kg on the dot and carpet and sound deadener lacking.... you guys talking about street trim or factory trim :P?
Street trim to one person could be different to the next person - Stav knows all about my car though lol. To me the gains offset the downfalls, so what my calfs get a little warm once the exhaust heats up :P road noise? i love it, reminds you that yes you are indeed driving on a road! Am i mad or stupid because i love that feeling? im not trying to set records for a class, im building my car how i like it and just posting the results

All good fun mate but imho when you have top ten lists and what not anything goes because its too hard to police the regulations. How many 9 and 10 second cars race in full street trim? are they allowed to run race trim because they are super quick? If its all out ET your chasing then go all out on the car if its steet-ET your chasing then race it how you drive it on the street. horsepower is horsepower unopened vs opened, boosted vs na. As is ET. Each to their own

Have fun folks

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2007, 11:58 PM   #179
Stav
Smile

Hey Georgie mate. As you know my car with me in it weighs 1720kg. I just think that for the sake of drag racing there is no compare on this forum for the au sixes as they all ran in full trim. A few years down the track Ba owners wont remember that the au's ran in street trim but the ba's were faster. I think its only fair that you blokes have something to compare to .One more au.hehe

Old 02-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #180
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
If its all out ET your chasing then go all out on the car if its steet-ET your chasing then race it how you drive it on the street. horsepower is horsepower unopened vs opened, boosted vs na. As is ET. Each to their own

Have fun folks
Well said mate..thanks for that youre a top bloke.