Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
lotto

Smile PLEASE <GIVE YOUR OPINION????

OFf lately i have been using,another motoring thread more than this one,I wont mention names-as "AFF" seems so sensitive ,to anything that they might not want to hear!!so this post will probaly get thrown out before too many read it!!

The reason that i have been going to another site is ,that i am frustrated with this one!reason being that I have had two threads closed lately,and yes ,i do agree one regarding FORD TERRITORIES"should have been closed-the second thread on MELB vs SYDNEY,i dont think that it should have been closed,it was getting a great response and there was a lot of good stuff in there and maybe a few not so good,but overall,it was good!

One person who did more than one a bit over the top post,and the one of the directors who closed the site ,who obviously made a decision!!

I believe that i am a fairly average joy blow,and whether it be me or someone else we might say the wrong thing sometimes!
No one was verbally threatened on the post or anything like that!

So i would like to have a GOOD reason WHY!!

There a lot of great people on here who contribute,and some great directors and moderator!!

BUT some with the power seem to believe that they are something special,and abuse the power,I have seen some moderators cose threads,for whatever reason,and finish off with a spiteful last comment ,where no one has a right of reply!!

This site,and i love it a lot!!,is overly sensitive and i know that a lot of people boycott it ,beacause of that!! what a shame!!

A moderator or director ,can close it,dont need to finish it with a nast comment!!

Sometimes i think they close it for a personal reason like the post or subjects dont interest them,

Come on guys,raise you worth,be more proffessional and not so sensitive,its someone choice if they continue to read,and there choice not too,we are all grown ups here!!

this the year 2007 ,freedom of speech,

disapointed with some people abusing there power!!!

cheers mark i

Old 23-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
pb02
inconceivable!

I for one think the moderators do a good job here. I've seen plenty of forums that go out of control due to poor moderation.

You have to remember it's not an easy job for them, they have to put up with people complaining, stupid threads, and other comments. Not to mention sms talk and poor grammar.

As you already said, the Territory thread was plain foolish. The Melb v Syd thread is always going to cause problems. People are defensive and sensitive of things they are passionate about (Ford v Holden anyone??).
Old 23-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Lotto i think you'll find that no freedom of speech is guaranteed or offered. Those off topic posts which do survive are somewhat priveledged... its not a right you are entitled to....

Its the "way of the west" here at AFF... and doesnt seem to be doing too bad for the admin team?
Old 23-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The mods do a fairly good job here, and when threads are starting to get a little left of field or have run their course, sometimes they get closed. There is no *real* freedom of speech as such as it's a forum run by enthusiasts to the rules set by the moderators. (Off topic there is no real freedom of speech in Australia either, it's just a common law concept as Australia does not have a bill of rights or a declaration of freedoms).

Other concerns to the moderators would also be the quality of threads and the use of bandwidth of such threads on FFAU. The Sydney VS Melb thread, although interesting in my option for a few sincere posts, doesn't really contribute to the forum, but does take a slice of the bandwidth allocated to this site each month.

I guess another factor that may work against you is that your relatively new, and your enthusiasm has resulted in you starting quite a few new threads in quick succession. Not that there is anything wrong with this, and Im sure other members welcome you to the forum as do I, but it's sort of a case of "the loud hyperactive guy arriving late to the party and making up for lost time" so to speak.

By all means, start threads, but maybe wait a few days before creating another.
Old 23-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they pay the bills so they are god. dont get too stressed its just a website man lol
Old 23-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Perm ban.
Old 23-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #7
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
Perm ban.
lol

lotto,

You'll find a PM to one of the mods or admin will get you a lot further than going straight to air with a whinge thread. Or, I'll reword that, it will send you a lot less backwards than what this thread will do :P
Old 23-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
photn
AFF Post NAZI

The Mods do a good job as far as i can tell..

i myself had a few problems.. nothing that wasnt sorted out by talking to them to solve the issue..

think of it like this..

Users are like IRAQ.. and the mods are like George Bush.... they have the power...to help us and keep us in line...

Old 23-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #9
pecker73
Falcon Addict

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotto
OFf lately i have been using,another motoring thread more than this one
Good !

Stay there.....

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
Old 23-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #10
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
lol

lotto,

You'll find a PM to one of the mods or admin will get you a lot further than going straight to air with a whinge thread. Or, I'll reword that, it will send you a lot less backwards than what this thread will do :P
Agreed. PM Is your friend! :
Do you really think posting a thread like this will get you the answers you want? I don't think so.
Old 23-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #11
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Can anyone else hear the theme music to Jaws?

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 23-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Can anyone else hear the theme music to Jaws?
Unfortunatley from previous experiences Yes....mind you as a child i was scared shatles.. and when drunk still get scared shatless.....

Old 23-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #13
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks like this lotto is about to jackpot!
Old 23-05-2007, 02:03 PM   #14
lotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
The mods do a fairly good job here, and when threads are starting to get a little left of field or have run their course, sometimes they get closed. There is no *real* freedom of speech as such as it's a forum run by enthusiasts to the rules set by the moderators. (Off topic there is no real freedom of speech in Australia either, it's just a common law concept as Australia does not have a bill of rights or a declaration of freedoms).

Other concerns to the moderators would also be the quality of threads and the use of bandwidth of such threads on FFAU. The Sydney VS Melb thread, although interesting in my option for a few sincere posts, doesn't really contribute to the forum, but does take a slice of the bandwidth allocated to this site each month.

I guess another factor that may work against you is that your relatively new, and your enthusiasm has resulted in you starting quite a few new threads in quick succession. Not that there is anything wrong with this, and Im sure other members welcome you to the forum as do I, but it's sort of a case of "the loud hyperactive guy arriving late to the party and making up for lost time" so to speak.

By all means, start threads, but maybe wait a few days before creating another.
thanks for that,i have read up until 12.30pm today,and i am man enough to cop it on the chin!

no problem,look this is my favourite site,and i do concede that they do do a great job,

And the reason i posted here and not emailed,was because i was after feedbnack from other users thats all!

bandwith,makes sense,i dont know a lot about it!

yes,in the beginning i had a lot of new threads because i needed info about my bf turbo,you will find that of late i havent started many threads!!

I guess i was a bit disapointed,with the thread on syd v melb being closed,if you read it back,i think you will find mostly very comments and opinions in there ,melb vs sydney i believe was a good topic-and could have gione on longer thats all! i learnt some things about melbourne from it!!

anyway ,
cheers guys
Old 23-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #15
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you at any point PM the Mod before hanging you washing out to dry ?
Old 23-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #16
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I hate it when people use capitals to spell out their entire thread title.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 23-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #17
Ringo
I see you....

Some thread topics that are questionable from the start seem to get taken to the extreme by certain individuals repeatadly who make it personal and take a hard line black and white approach to whatever is being discussed.

No contribution to the thread, just retribution for others comments.

You never learn anything from someone with the same opinion as you.

Perhaps there should be a three warning then ban for these people who can't handle a debate without resorting to childish tatics and posturing
Old 23-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #18
sexr6tasy
Banned

Lotto lets face facts you wont find any help from the regular members here half the reason most of these people come here is to delight in there ability to give shitty responses like half the replys you've already received take pecker 73 what a waste of a decent response in the end mate if you've found a better site do stay there because this ones only going down hill.
Old 23-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #19
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

in general i think the mods do a good job. Without mods, it would get nasty, anyone remember the falcongtclub.org forums? they had a good thing going but with little to no mods people got annoyed with each other and now those with the good info have left

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 23-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #20
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

It's just a website,
The Moderation on here, is one of the reasons i dont visit fordmods much...
They tend to get rid of the idiots alot earlier *cough*ammojammo*cough*

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 23-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #21
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

You get your good and Bad Mods..some are more heavy handed than others...seems to depend on the kind of day they have had.
One thing that has to stop is stupid random posts about meaningless deconstructive drivel. Your posts are quite moderate IMHO but may be borderline on the two and some of the Mods have gone a Bit postal about that because of all the other crap coming in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotto
i am a fairly average joy blow
Typo of the year

Old 23-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #22
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Typo of the year

: i noticed that too... top stuff joy!

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 23-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #23
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All moderators are good

Yeah ok, sometimes the mods might jump in a little quick and remove posts or threads when not really needed. I think you will find that there is a stamping out of rubbish threads in the Bar (this takes a lot of time, but I am sure the good will stay and the bad will dwindle away). Just remember being a moderator isn't as easy as you think and past knowledge helps to know when to shut something etc.

By all means if you have found another site to post random thread in and its a fairly unmoderated (geez, one site pops to mind there : ), then mate, post there.

No-one can force you want to stay here on AFF but read the site terms/conditions and then if you have an issue it is quite easy to contact a moderator or administrator via an Email and PM. If you keep it civil you may just get your answer.
Old 23-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #24
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Happy to close this thread as well with a complementary box of tissues, must say though the soft slap of warm buttocks as you sit down to your PC and post such informative commentary wont be astray in the daily interactions on the forums

Be responsible for you own actions and take it up with the moderator rather than post a generalised statement, that thread on Territory owners was badly worded and served nothing to excite mature discussion.
Old 23-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #25
lotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
You get your good and Bad Mods..some are more heavy handed than others...seems to depend on the kind of day they have had.
One thing that has to stop is stupid random posts about meaningless deconstructive drivel. Your posts are quite moderate IMHO but may be borderline on the two and some of the Mods have gone a Bit postal about that because of all the other crap coming in...

Typo of the year

lmao,i have to agree,i actually,picked it up,but liked it,so left it that way!

cheers
Old 23-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #26
lotto

Talking

i actually feel there are some good points made here,

i do like the site cant some of you read!

some of the comments,in here could be inflammatorty to me,but i aint bittin there little bitty bait!!

can a MODERATOR close this post please its boring me already!!
Old 23-05-2007, 05:30 PM   #27
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

We'd read better if you could spell better and put spaces after commas and didn't put a question mark or exclamation mark after EVERY sentence.
Old 23-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #28
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

What gets me is that your attitude is all over the place :togo:

Quote:
can a MODERATOR close this post please its boring me already!!
You have it the wrong way around young padwan, it is us regular users who are the moderators' b*tches.
Old 23-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #29
plext
Forum Director

As to the Sydney - Melbourne thread, I closed it just to spite you.

If you look at it again, I'm sure you'll figure the real reason. Consider the possibility that the wafer thin area of useful ground it could conceivably cover had been traversed and it had started to go in circles. This leaves a thread with nothing left to offer but a nice place for people to insult each other, I don't need to have that on the list of things that needs checking.

There are literally thousands of inane chat site out there that will let you discuss such things until the cows come home, some even allow flaming if that is your bent. This is not one of them.
Old 23-05-2007, 06:11 PM   #30
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

2 threads closed and you sook ,come live around here i would love to only have had a couple closed down !!!!!
99.99% of moderators are good and can be pleaded with its the 0.01 % are to blame ,how was my maths did the numbers thing work

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Closed Thread