Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Default Sedan rear seat into wagon

Hi All,

I'm going to be attempting an interior conversion shortly, and am just trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the rear seat.

Basically I have some sedan seats as well as lots of other bits lined up. Door trims, console, front seats, and rear seat base are not an issue, but the backrest for the rear seat is.

The brackets don't quite line up from the advice I've been offered so far (thanks Chief!) but that can be sorted by swapping them around.

The main issue is the centre seatbelt - in the wagon, they're integrated into the back rest, but in a sedan obviously they're in the parcel shelf.

Easy way around this would be to either have no seatbelt, or just put a lap-sash in there - but these are not an option.

Only other thing I can think of is to transfer the trim from the sedan back rest to the wagon back rest. Only problem with this is that the sedan seat has an armrest, the wagon does not - so at this stage this option is out too!

I'm hoping that maybe Fairmont wagons were available with black leather as an option, or with an arm rest in the back seat....

Really hope I can work this out because if I can't sort the back seat, I don't know if I'll bother with the rest as I don't want a bitsy mismatched interior.

Anyone have any ideas??!!!

Thanks,

Justin.

private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 12:09 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

send a PM to jonbays. I'm sure he did a Fairlane interior conversion to his Fairmont wagon. Or perhaps it was chief?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 12:13 AM   #3
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
send a PM to jonbays. I'm sure he did a Fairlane interior conversion to his Fairmont wagon. Or perhaps it was chief?
Thanks JC! Yep, chief has offered some great advice so far. Backrest is still an issue for him too, at this stage he hasn't got that part sorted yet.

Had a read through Jonbays build thread, and from what i could gather, he only ever did front seats nothing else.

Really hope I can work this out, as it would look awesome! Then I could attempt the dash....
Old 19-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #4
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Clack interiors were not an option on wagons (from what I have read and heard) so you will not find a back black leather seat. If you need the middle seat belt get your existing seat retrimed. If you need any more help just ask.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Clack interiors were not an option on wagons (from what I have read and heard) so you will not find a back black leather seat. If you need the middle seat belt get your existing seat retrimed. If you need any more help just ask.
Thanks Chief!

A mate of mine has a Fairmont wagon, and from what he was saying the backrest has seperate headrests and a fold down arm rest. I'm praying that the Fairmont wagon backrest is the same shape as the sedan backrest that I'm getting - if so, I'll just swap the trim over, shouldn't be too hard...

I'll let you know how I go once I get the car delivered to me!
Old 22-07-2007, 12:44 AM   #6
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Ok, have got some pics of a Fairmont wagon backrest, and it looks very similar to the sedan backrest that I have. If it's as close as it looks, I'm hoping all I have to do is swap the trim/cushions over on the frames, hopefully it is that easy!

Only difficult thing is going to be getting hold of a series 2/3 (series 1 had integrated headrests, not seperate) Fairmont wagon backrest...

Final option is just to have my existing rear backrest custom trimmed, but I'm not sure how hard it will be to match the colour, and I really prefer the look of the seperate headrests and armrest (which my Futura does not have).

This is what I want to put in:

Here are a few pics of Fairmont wagon seats: