Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #1
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default You are the weakest link, goodbye ....

I been to Redcliffe a fair bit so I can get a pretty good mental image of the people invloved
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...55E421,00.html
cs123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 11:09 AM   #2
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Good story...crazy stuff and then to say its ok..
144 in a 60 zone thats 84 over the limit, they have a screw loose..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 11:10 AM   #3
HOON69
Banned

i just posted this on another site too LOL

I'm just sorry I got caught
LOU ROBSON
16jan05

A WOMAN caught drag racing along a busy suburban road at 144km/h in a 60 zone with three young children in the back seat says getting caught is her only regret.

Rachael Weymouth appeared in Redcliffe Magistrates Court this week after being clocked doing 84km/h over the speed limit with children aged one, five and seven in the hotted-up car.

Two of the children were hers, the other her sister's.

Weymouth, 27, from Margate in Redcliffe, was racing a friend, Michael Torrisi, 25, who had his fiance and 18-month-old child in his car, along Redcliffe's busy Anzac Ave when caught by police on a Sunday afternoon in December.

A child protection group says the incident amounts to child abuse and are calling for the children of the offending pair to be taken away from them until a proper investigation can be conducted.

But Weymouth, who was fined $850 and disqualified from driving for six months, said her only regret was getting caught.

"The only thing I'm sorry about is losing my licence," Weymouth told The Sunday Mail outside court.

"Now we'll have to walk everywhere, but I'm not sorry because those kids were never in any danger."

Abused Child Trust chairman David Wood said: "They put the children at high risk of injury or death, and that is very definitely a form of child abuse.

"I would suggest that the children be removed from their parents until a proper investigation can be conducted."

The State Government has warned it will launch a full-scale child abuse investigation into Weymouth and Torrisi if they repeat their actions.

Child Safety Minister Mike Reynolds said he was horrified by the "abusive and neglectful" actions of the parents, and his department would act immediately if they were caught again.

Both parents had acted in a completely reckless way with little thought about the dangers that were facing four very young children, said Mr Reynolds.

"I am horrified that parents would place children in a situation that could lead to death or extensive injuries," he said. "If they act further in an abusive or neglectful manner, the department will immediately act."

Police were also disgusted by the incident.

State traffic task force Senior-Sgt Kevin Phillips said the behaviour was dangerous and irresponsible.

"It's just crazy," he said. "They put themselves at risk, the children at risk and other road-users at risk and behaved in a way that was unbelievably careless."

Australian motor racing great Dick Johnson said the parents were lucky to be alive.

He said it was a miracle they managed to control their vehicles at high speed in a busy residential street.

"I wouldn't take kids that age on an empty racetrack," said Mr Johnson.

"It's just too dangerous, and I just can't think who would carry on like that with youngsters in the car because the drivers could have lost control at any time."

In court this week, police prosecutor Senior-Constable Don Baille said Weymouth was racing Torrisi on Anzac Ave when traffic police pulled them over at 4.25pm on December 19.

Sen-Constable Baille said Weymouth was driving a Holden Torana and racing Torrisi when they both recorded speeds of 144km/h.

He said Torrisi, who was behind the wheel of a Holden Commodore, had his fiance and toddler in the car when the race occurred.

"When Torrisi recorded a speed of 144km/h Weymouth was seen pulling away from that vehicle," Sen-Constable Baille said.

"(Weymouth) had a male passenger in the front and three children in the car in the back seat and Torrisi had a female passenger in the front and an 18-month-old child in the back."

The friends, who pleaded guilty to conducting a speed trial, said they'd just registered Torrisi's vehicle and were "going for a drive" when the incident took place.

"It was a one-off situation and we'd just spent $20,000 on those vehicles," Torrisi told the court.

"We did race, but the car's not a piece of junk."

Torrisi told the court the pair had been punished enough by having their cars confiscated for 48 hours under Queensland's "anti-hooning" laws.

"We lost the cars for 48 hours and later sold the vehicles for less than they were worth, so we've already lost out big-time," Torrisi said.

Magistrate Alec Chilcott disqualified Torrisi from driving for six months and fined him $1100.

Mr Chilcott said Torrisi had a lengthy traffic history and needed to "learn his lesson".

"You not only put your own lives at risk, but the lives of innocent children and other road-users, and you need to take a good, long look at yourselves," Mr Chilcott said.

Police then had to remove Weymouth's partner, who didn't want to be identified, from the court when he became abusive.

The man, who wore a Holden Racing Team shirt and cap, told the court the justice system was "f---ed".

Redcliffe traffic branch Senior-Sgt Garth Peake said the incident shocked local police.

"News of the number of kids in the car and the speeds they were doing spread very quickly and everyone was disgusted by the way these people behaved," he said.

"It's not something you come across every day, and it was truly atrocious behaviour."

and a qoute i cop'd from it"holden and redcliffe need i say more" LOL
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #4
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
I been to Redcliffe a fair bit so I can get a pretty good mental image of the people invloved
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...55E421,00.html
this is the culprit. :countdown

i swear i seen her around before whilst cruising..

holden and redcliffe NUFF SAID! Jsmilie:
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 11:28 AM   #5
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
The man, who wore a Holden Racing Team shirt and cap, told the court the justice system was "f---ed".
This line is gold.

I think your the one thats fu*ked mate
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 11:42 AM   #6
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These people are just idiots, and the punishments no where near do justice to their crimes. 144kmh in a 60 zone? Morons.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 11:44 AM   #7
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid b!tch driver
"those kids were never in any danger"
I guess it just doesn't hit home with some people....... Enough said.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #8
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
This line is gold.

I think your the one thats fu*ked mate
That was what cracked me up. You're off to court for street racing so you wear your best "bevan" gear. Kind of deserved everything he got.
cs123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #9
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I used to live in the area for many years and have travelled that same stretch of road hundreds of times. I can honestly say that, regardless of the speed limits, 144kph on ANY stretch of that road is totally unsafe. The road is simply not that good. Sure its wide and long but its not a road that is safe to do that on.

Shes an idiot....but I know the area she comes from and I'm not at all surprised. Think Scumsville for probably 80% of that area.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 02:28 PM   #10
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Sad, very sad

Can we have source of that image please
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 05:41 PM   #11
shane3
FPV GT 0915

My wife and I went to Sydney for our Honeymoon last November and went near Redcliffe to find a specific shop, the people around the area looked and acted dodgy.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 05:47 PM   #12
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
My wife and I went to Sydney for our Honeymoon last November and went near Redcliffe to find a specific shop, the people around the area looked and acted dodgy.
Umm, Last I looked Redcliffe was in Qld. You Mexicans will blame Sydney for everything. :hihi:
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 07:03 PM   #13
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The man, who wore a Holden Racing Team shirt and cap, told the court the justice system was "f-ed"
Enough said. Lock him up and throw away the key.
Old 16-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #14
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yeah, that story made front page of the Sunday Mail today.

She deserves to be shot.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 10:11 PM   #15
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv619
Enough said. Lock him up and throw away the key.
HRT shirt, pfft!

Should have just worn a sign around his neck " I'm a d***head, and I don't care".....means the same thing.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums

Last edited by Quasi; 16-01-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 10:30 PM   #16
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Her IQ is about as high as the speed limit she was supposed to keep to.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post