Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Apollo 13

Recently received my copy (3 DVD's) from Spacecraft Films, of the Apollo 13 mission.
Apollo 13 (April 1970) stands out in my mind, more so than Apollo 11 (first Lunar landing). I remember coming home from school one day, back in pommy land, my Mum, very distressed said to me, 'the astronauts might die, their spaceship has had an explosion'!
I immediately went to the TV (BBC) and there the whole thing was laid out - wow.
Great DVD's, the before, during and after.
Most of you guys weren't even born.

2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
sbcb
BA Xr8

Default Re: Apollo 13

Yep 4 yrs before I started my innings but the Tom Hanks movie re telling of the events is one of my favourite movies. They did well to capture the suspense and fear of the moment.
My Ford List - AU1 Futura, AU1 Cobra XR8, EB Gli Project Car, AU2 XR8 200kw, AU1 Fairmont Ghia VCT, AU1 V8 Tickford Fairmont Ghia, BF Xr6 6spd ZF, BA MkII XR8, AU3 Fairmont, SX Territory, AU3 Xr8 220kw, BA Xr8.
sbcb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember it well to , remember well getting home from school to find out what had happened and the overwhelming atmosphere in our house , so much was unsaid but did not need to be spoken . Thanks for the heads up , I did not know of Spacecraft Films existence until now . Just ordered my copy which was also $10,00 off . Wish I could afford the " I must have the lot " box set.

Last edited by wrongwaynorris; 22-10-2013 at 06:43 AM.
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
burnz
VFII SS UTE

I remember the moon landing like yesterday, but not 13..

I think maybe at school they televised it (moon) in class but not Apollo 13
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

That looks awesome, I haven't seen this Spacecraft films crowd before.

Might have to put pennies away for the 'must have' set...