Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Would you like a Police Rep on the Forums?
Yes 138 51.49%
Undecided 51 19.03%
No 79 29.48%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 22-01-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

Default Police on AFF

How would everyone feel about having a police rep from each state on the Forums? I know it was discussed a while back, abeit on the other forum, but nothing ever happened about it i dont think.

personally i think it would be a great addition to the forums, just so if an issue was a bit "iffy" we could go to them and ask. Also they could help with organising events, and bring our culture out of the stigma of just being hoons.

So what do you think? Yay or Nay.

I was going to ask when i got pulled over for speeding the other day (no ticket, 5am + clear roads + going down a hill + being in the carpark at work = im rad), but wasnt sure as to how everyone else would feel.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.

Last edited by klawsterfobik; 22-01-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 22-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #2
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Dont see how it could hurt, all of the honest people who enjoy thier cruises probably also wouldnt mind. And yes, might help to have people to clarify points with.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Old 22-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I said yes but on conditions. They would have to be a Ford and car enthusiest so that they are not just seen as a "Copper" but as someone who is on our side but also can help with the legal answers.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 22-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I said yes but on conditions. They would have to be a Ford and car enthusiest so that they are not just seen as a "Copper" but as someone who is on our side but also can help with the legal answers.
Agreed on all points.
Old 22-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

Yeah it seems ok. Be good to have someone who knows the ropes to ask questions about different things from time to time. It would mean though i'd think that we'd have to be careful talking about mods, escapades etc....
Old 22-01-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Ok then Yagz.

Better idea, we do things properly so we don't have to worry about it.
Old 22-01-2005, 01:26 PM   #7
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I said yeah why not. A little bit of information and a different perspective from the police side of things may be useful.

In a perfect world unless you're doing something wrong to begin with you shouldn't have too much to worry about...

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Old 22-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #8
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

hmmm im with casper.

i dont mind having some copas rep each state, and it would hopefully open peoples eyes to our world and hopefully lift our hoon stereotpyes from us.

im not sure if it was on here or the other ff but i thought one of the members was a officer, and i dont mean that a55 of a one who comes on to defect either

but yeah,im not worried cause im not cutting any corners on my car hehehehe

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
Old 22-01-2005, 01:34 PM   #9
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

I would be RATHER suprised if this isn't already the case. I am aware of a few 'officers' that are already online members of forums such as this.
I think that to have police on here in an official role would raise certain issues in regards to conflicts of interest with them.
I'm sure that there are a lot of members on here that acknowledge the fact that some of their past driving behaviour(some of it raised in forums like this - for general discussion) may be frowned upon by the law. If a police officer was on here in an official role - would it not also be the equivalent of them recieving a signed confession & with them becoming aware of it, be part of their responsibilty to enforce the law after reading it???
I think that the current system works fine. There is usually input from people with respect to what is right / what is not anyway.
Old 22-01-2005, 01:39 PM   #10
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Better idea, we do things properly so we don't have to worry about it.
I didnt see it as members doing things wrong, but it might prevent us from getting into situations where the shit could hit the fan.

Having a Officer on AFF would also help pull some weight in regards to cruises, avoiding dodgy places to hang out, what annoys other Officers. Things that could help us stay out of court, and in our garages.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
Old 22-01-2005, 01:47 PM   #11
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I should state that any officer on the forum would not be as welcome if they were "on duty". I would like to hear from police officers who are enthusiests, I think they could have some very usefull input.....but certainly NOT in an offical role.

Old 22-01-2005, 01:48 PM   #12
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

I'm a GDs copper and I love my Fords. I'm an enthusiast and I work when I'm at work, not while I'm on the forums.

I cruise, I like going to the drags and I like driving my falcon V8.

EDIT: usual spelling mistakes...
Old 22-01-2005, 02:03 PM   #13
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
I'm a GDs copper and I love my Fords. I'm an enthusiast and I work when I'm at work, not while I'm on the forums.

And your exactly the sort of person we want/need on the forums. BTW, what is a GDs Police officer? Is that General Duties...basically the std officer that does all the hard slog for no recognition?

Old 22-01-2005, 02:17 PM   #14
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Exactly Casper, absolutely no recognition at all. GDs= general duties.
Old 22-01-2005, 02:28 PM   #15
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus

ahh your who i was talking about hehehehe

perfect example aye ;)

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
Old 22-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #16
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

I think that it would be a good idea,especially if any FordFoums members would want some answers in the rules of the Traffic and Law enforcements.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
Old 22-01-2005, 02:59 PM   #17
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I think we are all old enough to know right from wrong.

In respect to cruises and such, the buck stop with me on these forums, so if I am at a cruise, or an incident is reported accordingly, there isn’t much hope for the individuals concerned.

On the other hand, the boys/girls in blue, have been part of car club events before which have provided to be beneficial to both sides, so on selected charity, cruise, driving events it may be prudent to "invite" representatives along.

This in my view would be extended to Vicroads, EPA and CAMS.
Old 22-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #18
Thornie
Off smelting

we had a police officer on our fourm me and a mate used to own.
he was great, nice bloke and even had his own thread for legality questions regarding mods on cars.
i had a few dicussions about what he could do about the hoons in town and make it safer for them and others by getting them out on the track.
Old 22-01-2005, 04:04 PM   #19
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We already have 2 ex coppers on this forum.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 22-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #20
Falchoon

There were a few coppers on XR6T forum but they don't post anymore because there was too much cop bagging going on. You know the story "I was driving along doing 150 in the 60 zone racing this Clubsport when this a**ehole cop pulled me over for no reason" Pity, what they had to say was interesting, seeing another side to the story was good.

I'd like to see cops on the forum.
Old 22-01-2005, 04:28 PM   #21
MadManz

I think the police do a great job, but i have seen before where a cruse was organised and there was nothing but police around us all night!!!

I really dont like it when police (Stalk) you when you haven't done anything wronge, and it does happen, happen's all the time.

But majority of coppas do the right thing and are well respected. I think with the poll the majority rule!!!
But i agree with Casper.

Old 22-01-2005, 05:16 PM   #22
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I voted for yes.. But in Qld i'd be more interested in the input of a D.O.T officer than a policeman... We all know right from wrong as far as the laws go, the grey area from me is questions relating to vehicle modification, permits, registration, licensing and the likes. The police don't have much to do with that up here

Old 22-01-2005, 05:51 PM   #23
LTDHO
The one and only

Any ford enthusiast is welcome in the forum regardless of their profession.

A lot of car enthusiasts are concerned with being picked on by the police. Where they have done wrong or not. Also there has been 'stories' of police gathering information from forums... Not sure how much of this is true but it is still a concern.
If you think that if you do nothing wrong, you will not get pulled over by the police, then you are very naive.
Police assistance is definitely a necessary. A lot of road users don't know 1/4 of the road laws. I would like to see someone shed light on this and perhaps start a 'Law reminder thread' stating laws that most wouldn't know. Also having an officer attending cruises would be very beneficial.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 22-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #24
loxxr6
XB in parts...

There were a few coppers on XR6T forum but they don't post anymore because there was too much cop bagging going on. You know the story "I was driving along doing 150 in the 60 zone racing this Clubsport when this a**ehole cop pulled me over for no reason" Pity, what they had to say was interesting, seeing another side to the story was good.

If you do dumb things and ur caught then you deserve what you get. They're only doing their jobs.

It would def be a good idea to get the lowdown from the law.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Old 22-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #25
MadManz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Any ford enthusiast is welcome in the forum regardless of their profession.

A lot of car enthusiasts are concerned with being picked on by the police. Where they have done wrong or not. Also there has been 'stories' of police gathering information from forums... Not sure how much of this is true but it is still a concern.
If you think that if you do nothing wrong, you will not get pulled over by the police, then you are very naive.
Police assistance is definitely a necessary. A lot of road users don't know 1/4 of the road laws. I would like to see someone shed light on this and perhaps start a 'Law reminder thread' stating laws that most wouldn't know. Also having an officer attending cruises would be very beneficial.

so your saying you want cop's to attend cruses, so it will no longer be a cruse, but everyone watching there speedo's all the time and makingsure they indicate at the exact time because there is a police car behind them for the entire length of the cruse? could you please explain why u would like this?

And how would it be enjoyable when everyone gets worried when a police car is behind them weather they have done the right thing or not?

Old 22-01-2005, 06:19 PM   #26
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManz
so your saying you want cop's to attend cruses, so it will no longer be a cruse, but everyone watching there speedo's all the time and makingsure they indicate at the exact time because there is a police car behind them for the entire length of the cruse? could you please explain why u would like this?

And how would it be enjoyable when everyone gets worried when a police car is behind them weather they have done the right thing or not?
I think he was more reffering to having an "off duty" officer attend on the odd occasion. That way he could be of assistance without actually being in a position to book people.

Old 22-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #27
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManz

A cruise should be a cruise, not a race or the chance to play the fool.. I personally have no problems with a police car tagging along if it stops the party or club you are travelling with being tarnished, or looked down upon by the public... You have to remember also that with merchandise, stickers and logo's on some of the cars it is quite easy for the public to brand the club or party as a bunch of louts. One of those people you upset with your driving style or lack of consideration could be a reporter for the Herald or a local MP etc that can make life alot tougher for all car enthusiasts.
I think a police presence, be it marked or unmarked can only be a selling point for the car enthusiast and custom car scene in general. I am not talking about having a Nazi style policeman persecuting everyone but if you were to invite them and express your geniune love for car and cruising safely they would be alot more welcoming and easy going.

Old 22-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #28
Tickford Kid
Formerly known as TS 50

Theres no problem with the police being involved with your cruise at least you know at some of them are. And if you want to live by the sword you should except you will die by the sword.
BLUEPRINT T3 TS50 #109, MANUAL WITH BREMBOS
Old 22-01-2005, 08:17 PM   #29
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

I see a few issues with it...
ie;
COPon FFAU said my mod should be legal, ill print off his post & prove it, here or in court..
That sort of thing would just not make it worth the officers time.

Another thing with the "off duty"
As much as they are actually "off duty" they still have a duty to uphold the law.

Those few things coupled with abuse & I think those who are employed as police officers are better off actively becoming members without revealing their place of employment.
Old 22-01-2005, 08:33 PM   #30
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
Those few things coupled with abuse & I think those who are employed as police officers are better off actively becoming members without revealing their place of employment.
I hear what you're saying here & back that up 100%....
Should be voluntary what information people wish to share, especially where their work is concerned. I know from my own perspective - there is certain aspects of my work life I do NOT want to revisit outside of work hours.
Closed Thread