Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 27-02-2006, 02:28 PM   #1
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default The posts start from now .........

OK .... it has now been confirmed that the engine in the EA is fooparrrrrr....... I had my suspicions .... Im not phased but would like some advise on which way to go ......

Option 1: We have access to an EBII wagon with a 4ltr 4 spd auto exactly the same as mine .... we were actually going to put the engine & gear box in my old wagon,hence the reason for getting this EA as a runaround .... I know to do this option we will need the wiring loom but thats not a problem its still in the wagon ........ so my question here is .... Do we need the complete wiring loom or just the bits that relate to the engine itself ???? How much work is really involved in this type of project ?????

Option 2: Get another CFI 3.9 and go from there ..... I know they wont be that expensive ......

MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Drop the EB engine in, bolt all the CFI manifolds back on, and you are done no big job.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #3
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is this the Ea that is a paddock basher? If so, why spend any money on it!
Old 27-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

dont go back to cfi!!!!!!!!!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #5
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The EB is a MPEI ........ Wouldnt I need the wiring loom for that part even with the EA manifold being used ????????

Also ...... would I need to use the EB 4spd gear box or would the 3 spd fit onto the 4ltr ??????
Old 27-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #6
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nope because you don't use the mpfi manifold,if you stay cfi you just use whats already there.
Old 28-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #7
EA2BA
PM me if you want

the 3 speed will fit the eb motor and is simple to do, the 4 speed is electronic so unless you want to swap ALL the looms to get the plugs for the 4 speed auto ECU etc, AND make brackets for the 4 speed auto (different mount points under the car), keep the 3 speed.

You said the car is a run around, swap the engine and make it CFI first, then convert to multipoint later, small steps when you have not done major projects in the past.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #8
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like a plan EA2BA .... Have just discussed it with my OH & we have decided at this stage just to get her going to so as you have suggested ....... Then that leaves the 4spd Gear Box for the wagon as originally planned ..... 2 running cars out of one

One of these cars .... the wagon or the EA will end up being used for the kids to run down to the bus stop (private dirt road) .......... this plan will give me the benifit of then deciding to pimp either of the old girls .............. Not sure which one but there are plans afoot ............ If I cant have a Sprint just yet I might just make a very handy EA up :P