Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Talking Free Internet

That's right I currently have 100% free ADSL. As some of you would know we had a problem with Telstra that resulted in me going back to iinet. Now IInet reconnected my phone yesterday and said ADSL will be 5 to 10 days and we will update you by email etc. Tonight I get home from work and plug in my old modem with the iinet settings on it, I though "hey why not test my login, can't hurt" it came up with an iinet page stating wrong username. I checked my email and the one confirming my plan had a different username and password (because my old one was tied up with my email account which I still had with them), so out of curiosity I put these details in and what do you know I have ADSL only 24hrs after signing up. So being the person I am I just rang and advised them that although I have had no update the net is on, they advised me telstra has not told them the work on the line is done yet, so we chat (great guy) and delete my email account so we can use all my old setting again. The guy then advises me that until telstra advise them the work is done they can't bill me and that he is not fussed it is working and enjoy the free net. I am not sure how but I am on the net for free and I do not feel guilty at all as I did the right thing and notified IInet it is working. So we will see how long it lasts lol. I will say I am so glad to be back with iinet, such awesome service and call centre staff. I have never had a crap call to iinet.

Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
Krytox
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Free Internet

Just means that adsl was still enabled on that line from previous carrier.

chances are they send in a request to activate it, and its already enabled.

and being tel$tra, who knows what goes on, I guess they'll turn it off and root around for a bit.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
MexicanBatman
Banned

I had free wireless for months... Until who ever paid the bill realized that their network had no password and I was downloading their quota every months in torrents.... I think it was the next door neighbor LOL

Net is cheap as now, I pay 49 for 300gb adsl2 but theses even cheaper again, but mine works well for me.

Take what you can OP while you can, reminds me of my mate who used to buy 20hr dial up credit.... Back in the day with optus.... Well one time it just never ran out, we used it for 3 months... It was awesome... On the net every day before and after school...And come to think of it 15 years ago now, ****!
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

nicely done OP
iinet are awesome hey
Old 02-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
nicely done OP
iinet are awesome hey
Yeah I should of never left.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #6
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once I took a whole pile of money out of someones wallet when they left it in a taxi.

It was not stealing because he made a mistake and I just took advantage of it.

Or am I a thief just like you guys.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #7
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Once I took a whole pile of money out of someones wallet when they left it in a taxi.

It was not stealing because he made a mistake and I just took advantage of it.

Or am I a thief just like you guys.......

I am not sure if you read my opening post, but I have advised iinet that the net is working and they have advised I can use it. So where at all am I stealing? I am not sitting here leaching off another household. I have done the right thing and advised the company that my net is working.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 AM   #8
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

iinet are just using telstra exchange equipment you'll find so the billing just gets routed from one company to the other thats why no service interuption. you might find your billing will start from your first log on using iinet settings

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #9
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

should have upgraded to this plan while you were on the phone with iinet

http://freezone.iinet.net.au/channel...yer=video/5449
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interestingly, the people who developed the original specification for wireless internet actually saw it as an opportunity to move towards shared internet but of course the ISPs were having none of that, so the vision of blankets of community-owned open wireless meshing was lost behind completely BS myths about "securing your wireless network" and how dangerous it is to have an intruder on your wireless network which is a bit of a shame really
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post