Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

Default 2011 LV2 Focus Ztec and Lowering

hey guys i need some help.
I cannot find springs to lower my G/f's car after fitting XR5 Turbo 18's to her car

we would like to bring it down to just above the wheels (but not Slamed)

can anyone point me in the right way to finding springs for this car....

Thanks Guys

Andrew

Old 20-11-2012, 01:13 AM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: 2011 LV2 Focus Ztec and Lowering

I have my 2011 Zetec lowered on Kings SL springs, I am still running the stock rims at present 17's but I have a set of 18" XR5 rims I will be fitting to it in the not too distant future. The ride quality on the 17's is still quite good, the handling is amazing compared to stock I find it a fairly good height which doesn't give me too much grief over speed humps etc.... Here's the eBay link to where I purchased mine from - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FOCU...-/150656974942

Stock

Lowered

Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

that looks good mate
Thats what im looking for thank you for that ...

anyone got any pics of theres with xr5 turbo 18's on it
Old 20-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

I did a Photoshop of mine with a set of XR5 18's a while back, I was interested to see how they would look before buying a set, needless to say, I liked them

Old 21-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Poelwyk, have a look through the for sale section on XR5 turbo site.

They always have springs to give away... seems like they have a lot more readies to spend than we mere Focii-folk!! If not give away, at least cheap.

Is yours a deisel or petrol, as the rate needs to be adjusted. The XR5 springs are also a bit heavier at the front due to the extra weight.

Make sure you take pics for us.

Leakey
Old 21-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakey View Post

Is yours a deisel or petrol, as the rate needs to be adjusted. The XR5 springs are also a bit heavier at the front due to the extra weight.

Make sure you take pics for us.

Leakey
As it's a Zetec it must be petrol Leakey
Old 21-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just keepin ya on yr toes Russ....
Old 22-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #8
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

Yeah its a petch model i will get some pics when i do it

Thanks guys
Old 22-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #9
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakey View Post
Just keepin ya on yr toes Russ....
Sure you were
Old 23-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #10
Kritho
Kritho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I have my 2011 Zetec lowered on Kings SL springs, I am still running the stock rims at present 17's but I have a set of 18" XR5 rims I will be fitting to it in the not too distant future. The ride quality on the 17's is still quite good, the handling is amazing compared to stock I find it a fairly good height which doesn't give me too much grief over speed humps etc.... Here's the eBay link to where I purchased mine from - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FOCU...-/150656974942
Hi there,

I am new to this site. I have a 2009 LV Focus Zetec. I shouldn't have any problems fitting these on my car? Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a thread for performance exhaust systems as I am looking at putting a performance exhaust system on my Zetec.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Kritho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #11
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Kritho, Welcome to the Forums The Kings SL springs as listed should be fine as they are designed to fit from 2005 onwards ... As far as an exhaust system to suit is concerned, I would suggest you read through some of the other posts in the Focus section as there are quite a few different systems to choose from, a lot depends on what you're after, how much you want to spend, how loud you want it etc.... any good exhaust place should be able to give you advice on the different systems available
Old 24-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #12
Kritho
Kritho

Thanks for confirming Russ. One more question, will I need a camber kit after I lower the car?

I am looking at spending about $700 on the exhaust and don't want it to be too loud as I have 2 young kids. I would like it to purr. Might look at a magnaflow system.
Old 24-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #13
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

According to the guys that fitted mine for me I didn't need a camber kit and they are a very reputable mechanical workshop. Having said that though, I would recommend having them fitted by someone that knows what they're doing and will do the job properly for you, including accurate checking of alignment to all 4 wheels once fitted. These cars (mine at least) are fitted with a fairly long resonator at the front of the car, according to the guys that fitted my rear sports muffler (which was all I had changed) if you want it louder, shorten the resonator otherwise a sports muffler should be all you will want for a nice note and no droning

Last edited by Russ; 24-12-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 25-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #14
Kritho
Kritho

Smile Re: 2011 LV2 Focus Ztec and Lowering

Quote:
These cars (mine at least) are fitted with a fairly long resonator at the front of the car, according to the guys that fitted my rear sports muffler (which was all I had changed) if you want it louder, shorten the resonator otherwise a sports muffler should be all you will want for a nice note and no droning
Did you notice any performance/responsive changes with the addition of a sports muffler or was it installed more for the the sound?

I am asking because I would like to know if it is worth going an exhaust from the cat back or only a sports muffler. I know from the factory they come with a pretty good exhaust system and it is stainless steel. I am just not 100% sure on the diameter.

BTW thanks for your advice and Merry Christmas
Old 25-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritho View Post
Did you notice any performance/responsive changes with the addition of a sports muffler or was it installed more for the the sound?

I am asking because I would like to know if it is worth going an exhaust from the cat back or only a sports muffler. I know from the factory they come with a pretty good exhaust system and it is stainless steel. I am just not 100% sure on the diameter.

BTW thanks for your advice and Merry Christmas image
HI and Merry Xmas as well

The combination of a K and N filter and the sports muffler are the only engine modifications I have made so far and there is a noticeable difference in performance having done that. The guy I spoke to when getting my exhaust done advised me that the gains going from the cat back would be minimal on a naturally aspirated engine and that the biggest restriction on these Focii was the muffler Headers are something I looked into for it as well but there is an issue with engine warning lights and O2 sensors so I decided against it for the time being

Cheers
Old 25-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #16
Kritho
Kritho

Quote:

The combination of a K and N filter and the sports muffler are the only engine modifications I have made so far and there is a noticeable difference in performance having done that. The guy I spoke to when getting my exhaust done advised me that the gains going from the cat back would be minimal on a naturally aspirated engine and that the biggest restriction on these Focii was the muffler Headers are something I looked into for it as well but there is an issue with engine warning lights and O2 sensors so I decided against it for the time being

Cheers
Thanks for that. I will be doing the same as you i.e. I will get a sports muffler for added sound and performance. I am also in the process of looking at an air filter. I am currently stuck between the following:

K & N 57-0595
K & N E-2993

The 57-0595 is more of a cold air intake kit (longer to install) and the E-2993 is just a straight replacement for the paper air filter. I was thinking of going for the 57-0595. What are your thoughts?

Also I am going to go for the 30mm king springs. The 50 mm super low king springs are a little too low for me considering I will be upgrading to either 18/19" wheels in the future.
Old 25-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #17
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm pretty sure you'll find the 57-0595 is not street legal (in NSW at least) not sure on other states. I went with the E-2993 (direct replacement) I am planning on picking up another stock air box and seeing what sort of a custom pipe install I can make up for it. The biggest hurdle most of the guys seem to be having with the CAI's is finding a suitable space to run the intake pipe, there's not a lot of spare room around these motors :( As far as springs are concerned I have no issues with rubbing or scraping with mine and I have a set of 18" XR5 rims waiting to go on once the stock 17" tyres wear down, there's a few other guys running similar height springs and 18" rims without issues. The only issue I have with fitting the SL's is a bit of a tinny sounding rattle going over corrugations on some roads, it's only the heat shielding around the exhaust which has dropped slightly since lowering the car, I've had a bit of a go at rectifying it but I can't get to where it seems to be coming from without getting it up on a hoist, this is on the list for early new year with my local mechanic

Last edited by Russ; 25-12-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 25-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #18
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you're interested in the E-2993 I have one I would be willing to sell. It was in my old car for just about 18 months and about 18,000km. Postage would be your main problem, but I'd throw in a K & N recharge (re-oiling) kit. PM if interested.

Sound is a definite improvement over stock, especially with the sports muffler in combination as Russ says.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #19
Kritho
Kritho

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus View Post
If you're interested in the E-2993 I have one I would be willing to sell. It was in my old car for just about 18 months and about 18,000km. Postage would be your main problem, but I'd throw in a K & N recharge (re-oiling) kit. PM if interested.

Sound is a definite improvement over stock, especially with the sports muffler in combination as Russ says.
Hi In Focus,

Tried PMing you but it said I need to have at least 15 posts (sorry new to forums). I am intersted in the E-2993, provided the price is good. I can pick them up brand new on ebay for about $65-$70, including delivery.
Old 25-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #20
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about $20 for filter and recharger kit plus postage? I'll have to work out how much it will cost for the postage. Assuming it comes to a total max of $40 you'd be better off. The recharger kit hasn't been used at all.

I've also got an Apollo kit (minus flexi hose) if anyone wants that. Was used for about two weeks but removed as I couldn't get the hose to sit right (trying to make it fit is why I don't have the flexi-hose...) This was on an automatic LV, but I believe it's an easier fit for LS/LT's.

Old 25-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #21
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually, there might be a problem for me posting the K&N recharger kit, as it's flammable... If that is the case, would $15 plus postage for the filter alone work for you?

Old 25-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #22
Kritho
Kritho

Quote:
Actually, there might be a problem for me posting the K&N recharger kit, as it's flammable... If that is the case, would $15 plus postage for the filter alone work for you?
$15 plus postage sounds good to me. However, if you are able to send the recharge kit with it I am happy to pay $20 for both plus the postage. I am leaving to go on holidays tomorrow and won't be back until 1st January. Is it OK if you hold onto it for me until then as there is no rush from my end?
Old 26-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #23
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritho View Post
$15 plus postage sounds good to me. However, if you are able to send the recharge kit with it I am happy to pay $20 for both plus the postage. I am leaving to go on holidays tomorrow and won't be back until 1st January. Is it OK if you hold onto it for me until then as there is no rush from my end?
No problem holding onto them - they aren't going anywhere in a hurry.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #24
Kritho
Kritho

Quote:
No problem holding onto them - they aren't going anywhere in a hurry.
Hi In Focus. Happy New Year. I hope you celebrated long and hard. I am back from my short break. If you are still keen on selling me your filter please PM me your email address and we will exchange details from there.