Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-05-2020, 07:00 PM   #1
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
More like not everyone bought into the media driven mass hysteria that 60,000 australians were going to die.

The sheep ate it up though.
Breaking news- when driving in a car you have to wear a seatbelt now- in a crash you will be exposed to injuries and a seabelt will reduce risks of injury.

Public: Bugger- we have to pay for the seatbelts, pain in the butt to wear all the time, infringes our freedoms, bugger- not wearing get a fine oh well might as well wear them.

Public member- crash car into wall at 50 kph with seatbelt on. No injuries whatsoever. Public member retorts- what was all the fuss about- that was not so bad- and I am ****ed I am out of pocket buying the seatbelts, the infringement of my rights, and the inconvenience of wearing it. All a waste of time- no injuries- see it was never needed

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
5 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2020, 10:38 PM   #2
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Breaking news- when driving in a car you have to wear a seatbelt now- in a crash you will be exposed to injuries and a seabelt will reduce risks of injury.

Public: Bugger- we have to pay for the seatbelts, pain in the butt to wear all the time, infringes our freedoms, bugger- not wearing get a fine oh well might as well wear them.

Public member- crash car into wall at 50 kph with seatbelt on. No injuries whatsoever. Public member retorts- what was all the fuss about- that was not so bad- and I am ****ed I am out of pocket buying the seatbelts, the infringement of my rights, and the inconvenience of wearing it. All a waste of time- no injuries- see it was never needed

This could go in the dictionary as a classic straw man argument.

For your homework, how about an example of a fallacy in syllogistic reasoning?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 29-05-2020, 01:07 PM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post

That was quite possibly the worst analogy i've ever heard.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread