Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
kratas
Goes like an AU

Default Manual conv. Bellhousing Q

Hey guys. Just wondering. Tried to search this up but didnt find anything. My question is. Will an au automatic bell housing match up to the ef / el t5 manual? I know a straight swap wont work because the bellhouse is shorter. But when I am changing it out. Will the old auto bellhouse fit to the manual from the el? Cheers

1998 Series 1 AU fairmont GHIA:King Springs lowered - Tickford VCT six - Recod transmission - full TS50 body kit - 17'' BA rims - 25% tint - full leather - Exhaust system Soon to be: Extracted (pacey comps) - Flash Tuned - Dyno
kratas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratas
Hey guys. Just wondering. Tried to search this up but didnt find anything. My question is. Will an au automatic bell housing match up to the ef / el t5 manual? I know a straight swap wont work because the bellhouse is shorter. But when I am changing it out. Will the old auto bellhouse fit to the manual from the el? Cheers
The Bellhousing from an Auto will not fit a Manual.
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive herd rumors from various forum members on here that some e series t5s will fit the su and be in the perfect postion and not hit the dash board

??????????????????????

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
MAD
Petro-sexual

The E-series extension housing is about 50mm shorter than the AU.

The E-series T5 will fit up to the AU engine when used in an E-series, but I reckon you would be changing the radio station in 1st, 3rd and 5th with an E-series box in an AU.

And as above, the auto bellhousing will not work with a manual box.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 AM   #5
kratas
Goes like an AU

Thanks guys. Was feeling optomistic. Its all good. I can pick up a manual tranny for the au for 1120. After that I need the clutch assembly, clutch cable? Its that or a full kit from ftg for 1700. What do you guys think?
1998 Series 1 AU fairmont GHIA:King Springs lowered - Tickford VCT six - Recod transmission - full TS50 body kit - 17'' BA rims - 25% tint - full leather - Exhaust system Soon to be: Extracted (pacey comps) - Flash Tuned - Dyno
kratas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #6
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratas
Thanks guys. Was feeling optomistic. Its all good. I can pick up a manual tranny for the au for 1120. After that I need the clutch assembly, clutch cable? Its that or a full kit from ftg for 1700. What do you guys think?

Get the FTG Kit. It will be complete.

Add to your list Flywheel, pedals.......
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
The E-series extension housing is about 50mm shorter than the AU.

The E-series T5 will fit up to the AU engine when used in an E-series, but I reckon you would be changing the radio station in 1st, 3rd and 5th with an E-series box in an AU.

And as above, the auto bellhousing will not work with a manual box.
This man knows what he is on about.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #8
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An E-Series Bellhousing can be used with an AU Manual, just extention housing is shorter and shifter is 70mm further forward
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post