Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default RTA must die. same with NRMA. Read why.

Oh my god, honestly, I have never had such a BULL@#%^ experience in my entire life as I have today.

Got the Blue Slip today, all done, passed with flying colours. Bought a greenslip off the net thru NRMA, printed the confirmation of payment which says they send an electronic record to the RTA to say its confirmed etc. No worries, off I go down to the RTA to register the ute.

Hand over all the paperwork, woman starts typing away on the computer - uh oh. Sir, it seems your VIN is not correct, could you please get another blue slip and come back another time thankyou.

Errr, no lady. I just paid for that thing and have taken the day off work to get all of this done!

Seems the idiot mechanic put a 5 instead of an S on the VIN number, so back I go to get him to do it again. No worries mate, I'll do it again and that will be another $45. I DON'T THINK SO!
Finally sorted him out, go a new slip written for nothing with the right VIN number and all other details correct.

Back to RTA.

Ok, this one is different but I know you had one before, please take me to your car and show me the build plate as proof. Oh FFS - out to the ute we go. All proved, all good, finally I think we're getting somewhere.

Back into the counter, what plates would you like sir. I want these ones (insert my custom plate here). Oh, you cant have them for 2 weeks. Ill order them now and come back later and we'll sort this out.
No! I want to order them now,get NSW plates and then just swap them. After much huffing and insisting it was too much trouble, RTA lady gets off her bum and does it for me.

Where is your greenslip sir, here it is I say and produce the printed one from the NRMA. No sir, this is not a valid receipt, the RTA doesnt accept electronic ones anymore. :!!!! By now I'm getting VERY ****ed off. Sent away to NRMA office to get new greenslip, come back when youve got it. So off I go. Finally solve problem with NRMA, seems their site was "defective" and shouldnt have issued me one. Too bad - I paid for it, give it here or I'll jump the counter. At least this chicky was helpful, pretty attractive too.

Get my greenslip, back to the RTA. There is everything you need, please register my car. Sir where is your receipt of payment. Oh FFS. You're kidding. The idiot mechanic took it out and forgot to give it back to me.

Back to servo to get receipt.

Back to RTA, receipt in hand and by now ready to start cracking heads. Here is receipt, blue slip, green slip and about 1.5million other papers Ive collected by now. Register the damn ute already!

Ok sir here are your new plates, your custom ones will be here in 2 weeks when you will have to pay another fee for us to relese them. ANOTHER FEE! NO WAY! i have paid for the goddamn things and you will get them ASAP and hand them over or I will jump the damn counter!

She finally relents and all these magical "fees" start to disappear. I get new plates and finally get a rego sticker.

And then, to top it off - my card doesnt work. Off to the bank to get the cash to pay for it all. Back to RTA, woman gets all huffy cos Im paying such a large amount in cash. By then, ah, who cares, by then I was so over the whole ********* thing I couldnt care if she was giving birth.

Cost for the day:

Petrol: approximately $20 worth of running around.
Hair: none left, pulled it all out.
Rego: $1,000.
Custom Plates: $160.00
Greenslip:$400.00

Honest to god, it woukd have been easier for me to move to Victoria to drive the ute than to bring it back up here and try to register it.

Screw you RTA, you have taken a HUGE chunk of MY hard earned money, given me the finger and run off with it. And what do I get in return? A rude, inconsiderate PITA who I have to deal with, a buttload of paper that means stuff all to me, and a HUGE headache.

It's about time we stood up to this crap - it is pure theft.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the old days with horses and carts and is looking better all the time, do you have to registar a horse and cart??
Old 07-07-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

well it sounds like you have had a good day out: At least you have everything sorted now
Old 07-07-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
the old days with horses and carts and is looking better all the time, do you have to registar a horse and cart??
I'd hope not, or else you'd shoot the horse and burn the cart.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #5
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if horse and carts became popular the rta would still have to charge a road tax - so they can overpay themselves and probably to pay some guy $12 an hour to clean the horse crap off the road. Aahh but there would be more too, your cart wouldnt be allowed to be lower than 100mm from the lowest point, and than insurance...... you couldnt get any because you've modified your original suspension. And whats that??? performance wheels???

so in the end they would still screw us over if we had horses and carts
Old 07-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #6
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Time for an FF.au RTA lynch mob.

Im up for one (Fairlane thinks about his nice crowbar), the RTA has caused nothing but pain for me. The RTA lost a set of returned QLD licence plates on me. Upshot was that the paperworked dissappeared into the archieves in Sydney; the plates had dissapeared and QLD Transport in Rockhampton figured they were being used for illegal purpposes and was after me like fat kid on a bowl of donuts.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Old 07-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
falcon91

Man, I thought I had it bad when I had to wait in line for 10 minutes to hand over $639.00 for 12 Months rego! No green, blue, yellow or bright pink slips. Just license (Don't even need rego papers) and off you go. S.A. may be boring to some people but it does have it's good points.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #8
BlackLS

Bloody hell, coupled with the problems you had getting the actual blue slip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Oh my god, honestly, I have never had such a BULL@#%^ experience in my entire life as I have today.

Got the Blue Slip today, all done, passed with flying colours. Bought a greenslip off the net thru NRMA, printed the confirmation of payment which says they send an electronic record to the RTA to say its confirmed etc. No worries, off I go down to the RTA to register the ute.

Hand over all the paperwork, woman starts typing away on the computer - uh oh. Sir, it seems your VIN is not correct, could you please get another blue slip and come back another time thankyou.

Errr, no lady. I just paid for that thing and have taken the day off work to get all of this done!

Seems the idiot mechanic put a 5 instead of an S on the VIN number, so back I go to get him to do it again. No worries mate, I'll do it again and that will be another $45. I DON'T THINK SO!
Finally sorted him out, go a new slip written for nothing with the right VIN number and all other details correct.

Back to RTA.

Ok, this one is different but I know you had one before, please take me to your car and show me the build plate as proof. Oh FFS - out to the ute we go. All proved, all good, finally I think we're getting somewhere.

Back into the counter, what plates would you like sir. I want these ones (insert my custom plate here). Oh, you cant have them for 2 weeks. Ill order them now and come back later and we'll sort this out.
No! I want to order them now,get NSW plates and then just swap them. After much huffing and insisting it was too much trouble, RTA lady gets off her bum and does it for me.

Where is your greenslip sir, here it is I say and produce the printed one from the NRMA. No sir, this is not a valid receipt, the RTA doesnt accept electronic ones anymore. :!!!! By now I'm getting VERY ****ed off. Sent away to NRMA office to get new greenslip, come back when youve got it. So off I go. Finally solve problem with NRMA, seems their site was "defective" and shouldnt have issued me one. Too bad - I paid for it, give it here or I'll jump the counter. At least this chicky was helpful, pretty attractive too.

Get my greenslip, back to the RTA. There is everything you need, please register my car. Sir where is your receipt of payment. Oh FFS. You're kidding. The idiot mechanic took it out and forgot to give it back to me.

Back to servo to get receipt.

Back to RTA, receipt in hand and by now ready to start cracking heads. Here is receipt, blue slip, green slip and about 1.5million other papers Ive collected by now. Register the damn ute already!

Ok sir here are your new plates, your custom ones will be here in 2 weeks when you will have to pay another fee for us to relese them. ANOTHER FEE! NO WAY! i have paid for the goddamn things and you will get them ASAP and hand them over or I will jump the damn counter!

She finally relents and all these magical "fees" start to disappear. I get new plates and finally get a rego sticker.

And then, to top it off - my card doesnt work. Off to the bank to get the cash to pay for it all. Back to RTA, woman gets all huffy cos Im paying such a large amount in cash. By then, ah, who cares, by then I was so over the whole ********* thing I couldnt care if she was giving birth.

Cost for the day:

Petrol: approximately $20 worth of running around.
Hair: none left, pulled it all out.
Rego: $1,000.
Custom Plates: $160.00
Greenslip:$400.00

Honest to god, it woukd have been easier for me to move to Victoria to drive the ute than to bring it back up here and try to register it.

Screw you RTA, you have taken a HUGE chunk of MY hard earned money, given me the finger and run off with it. And what do I get in return? A rude, inconsiderate PITA who I have to deal with, a buttload of paper that means stuff all to me, and a HUGE headache.

It's about time we stood up to this crap - it is pure theft.

Old 07-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #9
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Pure bureaucratic nightmare, but all to be expected from a government department. Frankly I'm amazed you got it done in one day. Hat's off to you bro.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #10
EFDream
XRR83D

We should all get PUSHBIKES! They get EVERY right on the road as anyother road user and pay NOTHING in reg. fees or tax to use the road WE pay for! Like H*** I'm going to give a pushbike rider every right I have on the road when the RTA are wraughting us like they do!

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

Old 07-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #11
Scott

Atleast the NRMA bird was cute.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #12
EFDream
XRR83D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
Atleast the NRMA bird was cute.
gotta look at the positive side of things....lol

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

Old 07-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #13
LTDHO
The one and only

Gee it sux to be in NSW! ;)
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 07-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #14
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFDream
We should all get PUSHBIKES! They get EVERY right on the road as anyother road user and pay NOTHING in reg. fees or tax to use the road WE pay for! Like H*** I'm going to give a pushbike rider every right I have on the road when the RTA are wraughting us like they do!
if everybody rode a pushy they'd make you have pushy registration!.....
Old 07-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #15
Phoon Hoon

The worst phrase ever invented has to be "User Pays". It is a BS excuse for anyone and everyone to jack a whole heap of fees onto anything and everything.

Just crack a few Tooheys and try and forget it. Pack of dopes.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:25 PM   #16
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Big baby fancy herrord ute owner Bwhahahahaha.

I vaguely remember a few incidents like that when I live in NSW. Maybe thats why i moved back to the ACT :

Well, at least its all sorted. You now have 12 months to plan your next big day out at the RTA.

Now the ute is in your name, you can stop running all those redlights and speed camera's.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #17
I6corp
Was V6corp

**** that, im riding my bike from now on
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
Old 07-07-2006, 05:36 PM   #18
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

got to love the RTA. I've been canaried for no pollution gear in a "non pollution" car! Should have seen the trouble I had to go through all because an RTA know it all supposedly knew what my car was supposed to have. He was babling on about torana's. I said it's an XB Falcon not a Torana. He was stating because the Torana he had 20 years ago had it my XB needs it. FACT : It required none as it never came from the factory with any which I proved via Ford and the Falcon GT club.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
Old 07-07-2006, 05:56 PM   #19
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Where would I prefer to live:

Victoria - The home of he Speed Camera
NSW - The home of the RTA,

It is a tough choice, but I will stay in NSW.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
Old 07-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #20
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

AHHH , the advantage of living in a small country town ,

Few years ago when we bought an unregistered Telstar for the girls to learn on , I did all the bits I could see , took it to the local Tyrepower dealer 2 blocks from home (issues blue slips) found 3 things to be done , took it home , fixed them ,went back & it passed , took it to mechanic (mate from school days) 15 mins later had pink slip/green slip . Up to RTA , handed over purchase reciept , blue slip , green slip , pink slip . Chatted to girl behind the counter (our parents were friends when we were kids) , paid money & went outside & put plates & sticker on the car , home for lunch . _2:

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
Old 07-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #21
FPV329
Workin' for the BOSS

I just internet transfer from lounge with coldie, click, burp, done!
Queensland b e a u t i f u l o n e d a y, a b s o l u t e l y p e r f e c t t h e n e x t!

Even tho we're still 20 years behind everywhere else.
Bring a bed to the traffic lights, you can get a good nights sleep waiting for them to change.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #22
Livin'InThe70's
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf

Glad it isn't only me. Went to register a '73 Hardtop a while ago. "Thing" at the RTA told me Ford never made 2 doors in the 70's, and never made Fairmonts 'til 1976. Took an hour of her on the phone to get a "special new rego class" for my one-off custom Ford (RTA custom model " FAIR73A" )

12 months later, I painted the car (from black to yellow), done the whole change of records thing at the RTA for the colour change.

Now, due to the colour change, the car shows up on radar, and I get done 40 over on the freeway. Coppa tells me the number plates on my yellow 2-door are meant to be on a black 4-door, and asked me to "please explain- or come with me". Boy did I go off! F'n RTA, etc. Coppa nearly forgot to give me the speeding ticket....

Back to RTA. Another change of records to sort out the first 2 stuff ups.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #23
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Like H*** I'm going to give a pushbike rider every right I have on the road when the RTA are wraughting us like they do!
Right. I've freaking had it up to here with this sort of attitude from people towards bike riders. Guess what. MOST OF THEM HAVE CARS AND PAY REGO. I haven't been on a pushy in 4 years since I chucked racing, but given that i was paying rego on a car and 2 motorbikes while I was riding pushies I had every freakin right to the road. So shut your yap.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #24
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's a great idea. Now let's see where we can put them all. How about up your **** you stupid git. Since more bicycles are sold each year than cars, it should hurt a lot.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:39 PM   #25
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Right. I've freaking had it up to here with this sort of attitude from people towards bike riders. Guess what. MOST OF THEM HAVE CARS AND PAY REGO. I haven't been on a pushy in 4 years since I chucked racing, but given that i was paying rego on a car and 2 motorbikes while I was riding pushies I had every freakin right to the road. So shut your yap.

Bish...tsk..tsk..time for your valium.....now come back to the ward!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 07-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #26
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Big baby fancy herrord ute owner Bwhahahahaha.

I vaguely remember a few incidents like that when I live in NSW. Maybe thats why i moved back to the ACT :

Well, at least its all sorted. You now have 12 months to plan your next big day out at the RTA.

Now the ute is in your name, you can stop running all those redlights and speed camera's.
No, I have about 2 weeks until my real plates turn up and I can get rid of the uglyarse black and yellow slabs of crap on the ute now. God i hate them.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:54 PM   #27
HP-0351
1409hp 1190lb.ft 18psi...

sounds like an average day at the RTA to me.....

dont get me started on custom plate fees....

roy

The Daily 2003 BA GT Falcon http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367185

The Weekender: 1971 Twin Turbo XY Falcon
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....=twin+turbo+xy
Old 07-07-2006, 11:42 PM   #28
Mutley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Tell someone who cares :-) Yawn Yawn
Old 07-07-2006, 11:49 PM   #29
EFFalcon
Last warning

shoulda kept the EF
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 07-07-2006, 11:49 PM   #30
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutley