Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #31
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

I'd leave it until 14 days have past, then leave bad feedback..
Have they contacted you at all about the delay..?

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #32
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well they respond after I chase them up, I took the day of work because they told me it would be here today, wanting to make sure it was in transite as short as possible (its a fibreglass bonnet in transit (chringe). eg they come to the door Im not home get throw back in the van you know what I mean. Now i have to do the same thing tomorrow, its not a big deal just a pain.
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #33
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honestly Im more worried about the quailty Im going to get after reading that adam has left. had they said, mate its taking a bit longer cause we want it to be just right then I would have no issue with waiting longer but it was finished last wednesday.

i didnt start this tread to complain about customer service, but it is lacking in the company or I feel in my case. I wanted to show people in a real world case what you see on the net compaired to what really happens. eg: how much extra work is involved and so on.
Old 18-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #34
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im kind of glad i didnt buy the $1600 carbon bonnet off them now that I had planned.
Atleast its though ebay and paypal, and if it needs more than a tidy up Im going to chase a refund.

then mabey from http://www.kurnellkustoms.com.au/portfolio.htm can hook me up with a deal.

stay tuned for pics and gap mesurments. when it gets here????
Old 19-08-2010, 02:17 AM   #35
atomiclord
I drive way too much...

Is there a warranty on this bonnet?

And you think that's bad, try ordering a phone from Telstra!
atomiclord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 06:45 AM   #36
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

I would just sit and wait for it to come. When it gets here assess the quality. If it's okay, then leaving a neg on post times is unfair, but leave a 1 for postage, a 1 for communication etc.

That said, have you ever purchased a raw glass panel. I work on parts needing 5 to 8 hours prep work to make them acceptable. Don't expect to apply a top coat of your chosen colour and away we go.

I fear this will all end in tears.

As for a dispute, Paypal won't refund for slow delivery. you have 45 days from purchase to raise a dispute.

Last of all, open the box and inspect the panel for transit damage before allowing the freight guy to go, and certainly don't sign for it unless there is no transit damage.

I got my fingers crossed its all going to be sweet, as I want to fit the same bit one day, so here's hoping!

Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #37
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Best of luck with it, my dealings with fibresport were dreadful, I'll never give them any of my money again.

Adam's now here

http://www.kurnellkustoms.com.au/main.htm

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #38
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Any news mate....?

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #39
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

should of had it today, got a consiment number so did some chasing.
Tracked it to have been sent, rang the comapany took my details said they will call back. Didnt call, (**** me this is getting hard). Rang them a few hours later and was told yes its at the depot, was told "do you want us to delivery it today". Um ok now if im a logistics company i pick up a parcel 2 days ago for overnight delivery why would they ask me if I want it delivered on the day it is supposed to. anyway was told yes can you be at the drop of address at 3.30 to help the driver with it, I said sure of couse i want it and will help the driver. Well now it is 5:15 the driver didnt come I havn't heard anything the frieght company has gone home for the day.
So I know this I need to make myself availble to help the driver but at a mystery time that could be tomorrow. 3 days off to pick up one parcel, Im orgained noone else gives a ****.
Its funny you ordered anything out of china and it comes in the next couple of days not hard to see why they are becoming the strongest economy/super power in the world better service at cheaper prices it blows my mind as an australian in this day and age. Im sure they will be supplying us with cheaper better built cars with a huge range of aftermarket assesories at the click of a button to your door. will be a sad time for ford and the aftermarket companys that supply ford parts.
rant off...

Last edited by roberts; 19-08-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: **** spealing
Old 19-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #40
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Not good to hear mate..
I certainly wouldn't be happy...
I sure hope the quality of the bonnet is worth the hassle..!!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #41
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah true that matey. Im still looking forward to fitting it all up and painting just puts a negative spin on the whole thing, i know now why i spend more time building bikes then cars these days everyones is a bit more switched on.
Old 20-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #42
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

DONT USE HUNTER EXPRESS OR AWC FIBRE SPORTS
may as well name and shame the freight company as well, i figure its the right thing today so anybody reading this gets an understanding of the poor customer service.

HUNTER EXPRESS.
So dealing with these 2 companys has been a nightmare.
I called hunter express again (3rd day in a row) Julie.
i asked for a explaination, as the tracking info says picked up the 17th overnight frieght for the 18th. Its now the 20th I got the usual yes one of our agents (sub contractor) is doing this job we cant seem to locate it (my bonnet). Why she told me to meet the driver and didnt organise anything, they have my mobile number and havnt rang me back in 3 days, i expecting a call back but doubt it.
Thank you work choices (please think how much worst the industry will get if your planning to vote in TONY ABBOTT) helping to turn the entire transport industry into subcontracts that dont give a ****, obviously she past the buck straight onto them, the norm with big companys and subcontractors these days.
I explained to Juile even know they are subcontractors it is not reflecting on Hunter express very well, def ears what does she care they can cancel the subcontractors contract and hire another just as useless individual . So I figure this is the only way to make a diffrence to large companies, help them loose work so then they pull there finger out after all the money is gone, simple.
Old 20-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #43
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just got off the phone to them, didnt care about what I had to say.
The subcontractor said he came at 5:00 but no one home, I was ******* home.
I explained to her that is not true and she got all defencive and said are you calling him a lyer, yes Im ******* calling him a lyer.
Hes on hes way, im going to have some words to him when he gets here.
If it has transport damage he cant take it back, so over this **** lost 3 days over this ****.
Old 20-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #44
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

last week the same thing happened with an australia post subcontractor.
Read the whole thread AWC ****** me around from the start now the freight has ill recapped a few things for you incase its to much reading for you.
Was told it would be here wednesday,then thurday then friday, obviously your time isnt worth as much as mine, 3 days off work being told diffrent things, dosent seem like bad luck, seems like 2 companies that cant be bother organising themselfs even know they had noth been paid well inadvance.
Isnt a fourm for giving advice to others that seeks it, if i had written got my awc bonnet everything was sweet, that would be bad ADVICE to other people on this forum.
Think before you speak.
Old 20-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #45
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Keep all the Posting Civil please and stop avoiding the swear filter or it will be closed
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #46
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no doubt there are some dodgey subies out there just as will find some dodgey big company drivers, its a poor reflection on the companies your dealing with but, don`t tar us all with the one brush, as far as Australia post goes some of these blokes do over 200 deliveries a day (i`m talking parcels not letters) not counting pick ups, so if you don`t come to the door in a quick fashion, they don`t have time to screw around they`re gone, if it does`nt come today and its confirmed at the depot i would ring up and ask to pick it up at depot myself (dont forget to check for damage at the depot).
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #47
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry I didnt mean to generalise, I understand the huge work loads placed on subcontracted workers, this was my point with the work choices comment.
Making individuals reponsibile for there own work loads, eg: the more delivered the more money, isnt the best way of doing things for customer service, the company blames the contractor and the contractor doesnt care cause he only missed on 1 job not his whole job, unless a complant is made then the company can then choose to end the contract. The only one benifiting is this scenario is the large company.
Honestly, Im sure he picked it up to deliver it to me at 3:30 yesterday, it started rainig heaverly and he probly just went home and thought I will do it tomorrow, remeber subcontrator, only loose one job not he's whole job for doing it half *****.
Old 20-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #48
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
the irony is hilarious
dam spell checker
Old 20-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #49
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok finally got this thing here, awc have stepped it up and beinging alot more attentive.
I may have been abit harsh towards them so might edit some posts to show them in a better light.

Anyway was going to fit and check for you guys that are intrested, but alas the first snag the bonnet come with struts but nothing to fit the struts to the bonnet with the ball pin that screws in, now there on my stock bonnet but not a hex head, there round so before i get the multigrips out(and im sure they wont come out pretty) what have others done.
Old 20-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #50
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Pity this has become such a farce.......
I was interested watching your developments considering I was in the picture with Adam from the start of AWC.....
My XR8 infact had the 1st carbon fibre bonnet amongst other components one which I still have as a rare one off S1 carbon wing.
Whilst Adam was involved with one of the owners of Fibresports at that time you could rely on Adam coming through handling sales and freight and hence started to built up great repoar amongst the forum ands good ads in StreetFords etc....
Sadly there was a parting and Fibresports to this day have tried to rekindle this part of the business but it seems they cannot handle it well enough as they really are a manufacturer of body kits and the focus would be entirely there. Hence the company probably doesn't have the man power to handle this work nor wholesale/retail distribution.
Then you have freight companys - I won't start on this as in my own business I have experienced similar to all the above - they are a neccessity but are not accountable - a joke in itself unfortunately they never run out of customers !

Anyway I hope the bonnet arrives sooner or later and you can get on with your project - warning - depending how good the moulds are now expect some filling and rubbing back to get that satisfied finish - the gaps weren't too bad next to the gaurds and at shows noone really picked this out only the passionate owner knows where flaws are on his pride and joy.

Last I knew Adam was still doing bonnets at the above link......
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #51
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZINC-...Q5fAccessories
this is whats needed, anyone seen these for sale around non gen?
i would off though it would come with the bonnet.
Old 20-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #52
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

got any pics of the bonnet yet...
Just some close ups of the workmanship..?

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #53
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ill take some, and post up tomorrow. There was damage all over the packaging. Which I questioned the driver "me no engliy" is all too comen these days.
but apart from more parts needed to connect struts (i would have ordered these last week had i know the bonnet didnt come with them, not off the shelf either)
not a big deal but i prefer to contect the struts then bolt down the bonnet, hardlid ect.. So bare this in mind when/if you guys order yours.
As far a workmanship is pretty dam good, I couldnt make one with out alot of practise and droped it on the car just for a look and lines up quite well.
if the company can fix the communication problems i cant see why they wouldnt sell alot at these at those prices on ebay. This is why I gave them negative feed back on ebay they can choose to listern to there cutomers and make changes or wright me of as a pain in the ****.
I can only lay it out for them to play it out.Yeah boi.
Old 20-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #54
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Big thanks to FTE217, for showing a kind gesture and sending me some strut ball pins out. Very refreshing.

I guess if AWC agreed to do the same I wouldnt of given them negative feed back, but was the last straw. They would be worth nothing in a bulk lot and if there planning on selling more of these bonnets a bulk lot would be a good business decision.
Old 22-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #55
urbancowboy

You all think that's bad!

Here's my story!

I bought a Fibresports Carbon Fibre AU Bulge bonnet off ebay a few weeks ago and when i finally had it sent with Allied express the courier threw it in his truck as witnessed by the seller, and it was broken! Everything that could be done to ensure safe packaging was done and a careless courier has done what they all do and shown complete disregard for the freight they are payed to care for!

Ive spent 1200 on a bonnet that was packaged in several layers of bubble wrap, and put in a AU bonnet carton from ford! and it was broken by the courier! Needless to say ive lodged a claim against them and im currently waiting for a response.

NB: Fibresports idea/concept of washer jet relocation isn't the best! I think it'd be better to drill and mount the jets in the bonnet than in the trim at the base of the windscreen.

As i sit here typing and i look to my right i see the depressing sight of a awesome looking carbon fibre bonnet that's useless because its damaged! The corner of the bonnet closest to the drivers door has been smashed and folded back, even the carbon fibre cloth has torn, it must have had more than one hit while it was in the couriers hands!
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2010, 12:53 AM   #56
BZINGA