Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-02-2006, 10:37 PM   #1
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Question RE: Air Vents

Anyone had their air vents, Automatically close when the fan is on high speed? Have noticed that on anything higher than 2(recirculating) that the centre vents of my LR Zetec 2/3's close.
Ford wont replace them under warranty as they are regarded as a trim issue and are only covered by an allegedly 5,000km warranty (From New). Warranty ran out day before service...! {/play Not Happy Jan.wav}

Anyway, has anyone replaced theirs / purchased theirs elsewhere? I have found some on ebay for Buy it now 45 pound, but am unsure if they would be cheaper than purchasing them from here............

Any thoughts appreciated.

Marty

Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #2
tabaccs

yea mine have just started to do that recently, but only when the fan is on about setting 3/4.. was goin to mention it at my next service but since you said it wasen't covered under warranty it is very annoying to say the least!!

ST170 Side Indicators, K&N Panel Filter, Factory Scuff Plates,
Leather/Alloy Handbrake Cover, Body Kit
tabaccs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 12:13 AM   #3
Mick K.

I have the same problem - turn the fan up to 3 or 4 - especially when the passenger side vents are closed and the vents will half close themselves.

Not good in Brisbane summer :(

Will ask about these at my next service.

MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 01:06 AM   #4
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Not covered under warranty? Thats a load of crap. I reckon it should be. Does it happen with the Focus? Or is it too early for them.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 01:39 AM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
regarded as a trim issue and are only covered by an allegedly 5,000km warranty (From New).
Take out the Warranty booklet and ask them to show you were - sounds sketchy to me. It is like saying if the radio stops it is a trim issue and not replaced. ANYTHING is replaceable under warranty as long as it is not wear and tear

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 03:15 AM   #6
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

MMM does sound sketchy..... Sounds like they might be tryin to fob u off. Like Teki said, id be puttin the booklet in front of them and asking them to show you where it states the 5000km warranty on the trim.

Tom
Old 24-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Not had this problem at all. Should be covered by warranty, that's why it's a bumper to bumper. Last time I checked they're in between the front and rear bumper...
Old 24-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #8
whippet_zetec
Supes

My LR Zetec vents do the same thing when on fan at position 4, the two centre ones half close up.

Chris had the same problem on his ST170 I think.......

its a definite known Focus issue by the sheer number of Foci owners who have that problem.

Next service I will pointing it out, not sure how they are going to fix it.
Old 25-02-2006, 02:00 AM   #9
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for your replies.... Glad i am not the only one this has happened too....Mick K. Dark colours and Brisbane summer heat, dont really mix....Only work around is dialing in a little footwell cooling to try and get some air flowing!
Did find these on Ebay But they are in the UK, and would cost a fortune in postage.

Zetec, you are right bumper to bumper, so you would expect it to be included...

Im going to write a letter, bit easier to explain things if written down. I did book it in before the warranty expired. But they could fit me in til after it expired. Oh well, Even if i get the parts cheap, Can always install myself. But i think the Dealer quoted $80 per vent.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 09:23 PM   #10
warbo
Starter Motor

I had the same problem on my Zetec and they replaced the vents under warranty. Remind your dealer that it has a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and the vents are definately between the two bumpers :hihi:
warbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 11:17 PM   #11
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Well I'll be mine does it too! Can't get it to replicate all the time, might get it checked out next time!!