Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Default and now the agonising wait begins....

I have just purchased a Panther Black XR5 focus. Details are still sketchy at this stage but I know it has Dynamic Stability Control (which apparently is the only option offered –although I did see leather seats in the brochure) and a 6 stack CD player (I was actually hoping for the MP3 player as fitted to the ST2 spec Euro car) and the red and grey Recaro’s.

I have signed a contract with a number of conditions, including one which states that I will be under no obligation to purchase the car if the price announced exceeds $39000. I will also be getting free tint, paint protection, dash and floor mats and saving of at least $500 on the RRP (whatever it turns out to be).

Now the bad bit. The car will not arrive until June . The first shipment of XR5’s is actually due in March, but sadly there are no Black ones headed to Perth in that lot, so I have to wait. Still, it aint all bad, coz I’m guessing that there will be a lot of good mods available by then. :Up_to_som

orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 05:56 PM   #2
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

hehe congrats... i went into my ford dealer today and got my name down for the big hassle effort from them when it gets closer... i was informed april they'd be here... not sure what color etc i'd want..

he gave me a copy of the xr5 dealer product ordering guide, quite comprehensive... keep an eye out on www.fordxr5turbo.com i'm setting up the site at the moment for us nutters who get into these bad boys :
Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #3
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Cool!! I'm envious. lol. I would put the order in for one too except I need a car pretty quickly. Not that Ford have any Foci in stock right now. lol But the one I ordered will arrive alot sooner than an XR5.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Nice one Simon!!! When is the first shipment of XR5's due?? Also, have there been many orders for the cars already?? And which dealer did you organise all this?

Tom
Old 14-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #5
Stampy

ORSEST170 Have you checked out what sort of price insurnce is ,if so can you give me an idea .
You lucky B@rst@rd ,I wish I was youn June.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I've actually decided not to buy one, I get a company car in 2 years (which sadly can't be an XR5 Turbo) but it just doesn't make enough sense for me for the next 2 years to own a Turbo then sell it. I know I won't want to sell it so I don't want to go through the heart break!! I also want to keep my Mk 1, something I can't afford to do if I buy an XR5.

So I'll just have to resort to driving one for a weekend if I can score one!!!!!!! I'll try to record it all on video so I can watch it when I get sad on weekends...!! I've already sat inside the orange Sydeny Motorshow car and had a good detailed look inside and underneath etc. I would buy one in a heartbeat if I wasn't getting a company car so soon (which is so ridiculously financially better for me that it's just not funny, new car of my choice every 7-9 months at very small cost) and this way I get to go overseas a bit, enjoy life, still drive the odd XR5 Turbo and keep my Zetec.

I'd still give my left nut for one though!!!

I have a set of never displayed number plates for sale for anyone interested since I'm now not buying mine! Happy to take all offers by PM. They're Victorian plates, orange with white writing. (Yes, I was DEAD keen for a while and my financial accountant talked me out of the car!!) Plates read XR5T
Old 14-01-2006, 09:29 PM   #7
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevaps
Nice one Simon!!! When is the first shipment of XR5's due?? Also, have there been many orders for the cars already?? And which dealer did you organise all this?

Tom
G'day Tom,

The first shipment is due in March. From what I can ascertain, each Dealership in Perth is getting 2-3 cars in the first shipment (they have no choice – Ford tell them how many they will get initially). There are a number of electric orange and performance blue cars on their way plus a couple of sea grey and a silver. Centre Ford has a list of all the cars that each dealership will be receiving in the first shipment.

I don't think any have been sold yet (except for one Panther Black car :hihi: ), because each dealership I spoke with still had all of their initial allocation of cars available.

I went through Lynford Motors as they were the only dealership getting a Panther Black car with Dynamic Stability Control (a must on a powerful front wheel drive imo) in their first allocation. I don’t know why the black ones are coming later but I was not prepared to compromise on colour, and I am prepared to wait the extra time.

I thought you ruled out buying an XR5 anytime soon? Are you reconsidering?
Old 14-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #8
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampy
ORSEST170 Have you checked out what sort of price insurnce is ,if so can you give me an idea .
You lucky B@rst@rd ,I wish I was youn June.
I wish I was me in June - right now! The wait is gonna kill me! I haven't actually enquired about insurance yet and I doubt they will be able to quote on a car that hasn't been officially released yet. As soon as I do find out I'll let you know.

In the meantime, could someone please tell me what the wheel offset is on the LS focus. I need to start considering my choice of rims so I can have them ready and waiting when the car arrives.
Old 14-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #9
karl74

Congratulations OrseST170. Can't wait to see it (and have a little drive : I let you drive the Zetec mate, so i guess it's only fair). Don't like my chances though.
Enjoy the wait, it's a killer.
karl74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2006, 02:27 AM   #10
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsest170
G'day Tom,

I thought you ruled out buying an XR5 anytime soon? Are you reconsidering?
I did rule it out, but yes i am reconsidering. Those damn dvd's you gave me, i just keep watching them over and over and over again haha.

If i have any chance of owning one, i have to persuade my parents to get me a loan, n help out a bit if i need it. The reason why i was reconsidering was coz im going to europe in june/july, and the ticket alone is costing me $3k!!! Plus im only a uni student, doing full time engineering, and will only manage 15-20 hours work per week while at uni, mind you, the hourly rate im getting i should be able to afford it on my own over 5 yrs, plus ill be pushing hard to earn my commission : anyone need a 3 phone in perth, come see me HAHA

Tom
Old 15-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #11
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

orsest170 keep the stock rims. I reckon they look hot. But your choice. Just my opinon anyways
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2006, 10:44 AM   #12
Lagom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I've actually decided not to buy one, I get a company car in 2 years (which sadly can't be an XR5 Turbo)
What choice would you get?
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #13
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default And now the wait begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagom

I believe he was offered a Barina, accent or a Ferrari 355
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2006, 09:12 PM   #14
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagom
Any Ford below the $50k mark I believe excluding Turbos (XR5/XR6). XR8 ute here I come!!! With all probability it would be a Falcon for my first car, then from there probably Fiestas and Falcons coz they're cheaper per month.
Old 15-01-2006, 09:18 PM   #15
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who do you work for? Do they have positions :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #16
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Who do you work for? Do they have positions :
I have a boss who likes Fords... : I can't argue with that as a Ford fan!!
Old 16-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #17
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I have a boss who likes Fords... :
I would seriously hope so Would be a shame if he rocked up in a HSV....
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #18
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

buy a XR5T and pull the badges off and put a focus zetec badge on

and then, demolish his hsv
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #19
dazza_1011

orsest170 just out of curiosity what would you want for those hot stock wheels??? and does anyone know if they will fit the ls both stud pattern offset??
dazza_1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 11:34 PM   #20
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza_1011
orsest170 just out of curiosity what would you want for those hot stock wheels??? and does anyone know if they will fit the ls both stud pattern offset??
Probably around $700 for the set (without tyres), bearing in mind they will be brand new. It is interesting to see the differing views on these wheels. There are dozens of people on the UK forums that absolutely loathe the wheels (I don't hate them, I just think there are much better rims available), and then others like yourself that think they are the ducks nuts.

I am trying to find out myself if the wheel offset is the same as the other LS focus models. I know they are 5 stud and someone on a UK forum reckons the offset is 52.5. I would like further confirmation of this though.
Old 17-01-2006, 12:27 PM   #21
simonr
Focus Rookie

Orsest,Congrats!
But Please order some ST badges be the first to rebadge the XR5T !! :P
Old 18-01-2006, 12:33 AM   #22
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonr
Orsest,Congrats!
But Please order some ST badges be the first to rebadge the XR5T !! :P
I have actually contemplated doing exactly that but I’m not sure whether the interior i.e glove box or instrumentation area will also contain XR5 badging…It would look a bit silly having ST badging on the exterior and then XR badging on the inside. I can’t afford to contemplate it much longer either because I’m gonna order my rego plates (which will have a reference to the car model on them) before someone else gets the ones I want.
Old 18-01-2006, 01:23 AM   #23
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Hey dude that $39000 you quoted in your 1st post, would that be the driveaway price??
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 02:06 AM   #24
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
Hey dude that $39000 you quoted in your 1st post, would that be the driveaway price??
That price is for the car only, not the drive away price. I will probably still accept the car even if it comes in as high as 41k, but I wanted to have the option, in case I'm not as financial as I'd like to be come June.
Old 18-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #25
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the latest Go Auto E News , they quoted $35k as the vehicle price... Doesnt say their source... but says available May.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #26
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
In the latest Go Auto E News , they quoted $35k as the vehicle price... Doesnt say their source... but says available May.
Well I'll be one very happy camper if it's true! All that extra money to spend on mods.....I have serious doubts though and still expect it to be at least 37k and perhaps closer to 40k, but I so hope I'm wrong.
Old 19-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #27
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ИИИИe I was thinking it would be costing around 45k which is why i ordered my zetec when i did, jebus now i'm wishing i hadn't, ah well insurance would be an absolute slut i'm only 19... as for the wheels is anyone interested in a set of ls focus zetec 17" rims on the stock tyres (goodyear eagle 1's i think...) with only 4000k's on them?
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #28
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
ИИИИe I was thinking it would be costing around 45k which is why i ordered my zetec when i did, jebus now i'm wishing i hadn't, ah well insurance would be an absolute slut i'm only 19... as for the wheels is anyone interested in a set of ls focus zetec 17" rims on the stock tyres (goodyear eagle 1's i think...) with only 4000k's on them?

How much??
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #29
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

800???900???? not sure how much ford charges for them, they're as new condition only on the car for about 3 weeks, i've just had to put them back on recently as i got a nail thru one of my new tyres and it went flat and crimped the sidewall but i got a new tyre ($310!!!?!?!?!?) this morning, what's this cruise 12th of feb you've got in ur name?
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #30
dazza_1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
800???900???? not sure how much ford charges for them, they're as new condition only on the car for about 3 weeks, i've just had to put them back on recently as i got a nail thru one of my new tyres and it went flat and crimped the sidewall but i got a new tyre ($310!!!?!?!?!?) this morning, what's this cruise 12th of feb you've got in ur name?
hey where abouts are you located?? are all the rims in good condition?? any scratches?? also all the tyres are they all fine?? how much % tread
dazza_1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post