Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-03-2006, 10:31 AM   #1
Nappa
Impressive...

Default Drove an XR5

Yesterday as part of a Ford product drive day i had the opportunity to drive the XR5 Turbo, and it blew me away. The car really delivers in everyway I hoped it would. From the engine note to the quality of the interior its going to be a fantastic car for ford. I found that it was a great drivers car in every way, the steering was well weighted and the gear box felt similar to that in the current manual focus models. Torque was awesome in any gear at any time even going up steep hills there is loads of it. The grip is also great and the seats offer really comfortable support. I loved the interior of the car with its black roof lining and recaro seats. The whole interior gave off a feeling of good quality craftsmanship. The feel of the whole car was brilliant and I’d easily take one over a XR6T any day.

Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

sounds great!

was the xr5 the only thing you drove?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 03:56 PM   #3
Nappa
Impressive...

we also had a range of other cars focus fiesta, mazda 2, crapolla and astra.

I didnt get to drive them all but i passengered in the mazda and crapolla and was ИИИИting myself at how sloppy they felt compared to the focus and fiesta.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:00 PM   #4
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How does one get their name on one of these lists?

If its "Work" Im certainly in the wrong business... anyone after potato chips? LOL

Insanely Jealous
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 09:02 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Salesman training methinks.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:21 AM   #6
Nappa
Impressive...

yeah its part of being a Ford Salesmen, the drive is great we get to have a lot of fun and they arn't too resticting. However we do have to sit through some fairly boring seminars. But driving the XR5 easily makes up for that
Old 09-03-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I work in sales, but our sometimes boring presentations are generally only followed by alcohol and our product (chips).......

Do they have these drive days in other states as well?
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2006, 08:59 AM   #8
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Sounds like a great device - I am pretty impressed with the feedback from all corners so far and the price. One point though, you might be able to help on this one Nappa, are we ever going to get some of the options available overseas for this Focus series, like sat-nav or the Sony head unit? Looking at the Ford Aus website, the options list available at the moment is completely rubbish! :(
Old 10-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #9
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Sat Nav would be awesome! Thats actually something I want for my Focus but I'd rather a factory retrofit to be honest as opposed to a suction cupped Navman since I already got my car.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #10
Nappa
Impressive...

im afraid i dont know what ford will be doing with the GPS system, it would be good to have, over in the UK and Europe Sat Nav comes standard on a lot of vehicles and it seems to be in more demand over there. we've heard nothing about a GPS option so im guessing most ppl will have to get an aftermarket one fitted. A for the Sony stereo i believe it will come with one as standard and a 6 staker, actually the sony head unit in it looks so much better then the unit in the standard focus. I wish ford would update its website with more info, i know u guys would love to get more specs and info.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #11
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Sounds like a great device - I am pretty impressed with the feedback from all corners so far and the price. One point though, you might be able to help on this one Nappa, are we ever going to get some of the options available overseas for this Focus series, like sat-nav or the Sony head unit? Looking at the Ford Aus website, the options list available at the moment is completely rubbish! :(
Options?? there are OPTIONS?:
This range is so well optioned o/s, I still can't understand why even 7 months on you can't even have a 6 stacker on a Zetec in OZ. Don't even talk to me about the leather seats... I dont have.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #12
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only options for XR5 are leather (around $2k) and Metallic Paint (all except red and orange) or Orange Paint ($1800).. Aus spec comes standard with the 6 stack Sony H/U. From what I can work out it seems we have got something around the ST3 spec but without HID, heated screen or standard leather.

Last edited by Perana XR8; 10-03-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #13
Nappa
Impressive...

on the couple of XR5's i've been in, all have had seat warmers, i dont know if they will be available on our model. I'd also say that our version will be close to the ST III as it seems to have the extra options as standard ie DSC.

If anyone wants to place and order let me know.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:59 PM   #14
Lagom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
on the couple of XR5's i've been in, all have had seat warmers, i dont know if they will be available on our model. I'd also say that our version will be close to the ST III as it seems to have the extra options as standard ie DSC.

If anyone wants to place and order let me know.
You get heated seats with the leather seats.
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #15
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
im afraid i dont know what ford will be doing with the GPS system, it would be good to have, over in the UK and Europe Sat Nav comes standard on a lot of vehicles and it seems to be in more demand over there. we've heard nothing about a GPS option so im guessing most ppl will have to get an aftermarket one fitted. A for the Sony stereo i believe it will come with one as standard and a 6 staker, actually the sony head unit in it looks so much better then the unit in the standard focus. I wish ford would update its website with more info, i know u guys would love to get more specs and info.
The stereo system is the trick 8 speaker setup of the ST3 (but no blue tooth as far as I know).
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post