Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
Mickus
Banned

Default Superlows + bodyKit?

OK. My ED has lows on it at the moment, but I was wanting to swap over springs from my EB to superlows, Its not on right now, but I have a bodykit which I will be putting on. It consists of EB GT rear Bumper, GTHOFAN's Front bumer (modded GT bar) and these big skirts that I have but Have NO idea what they are, but look awesome

Basically what I wanted to know was, what will clearance be like with superlows as opposed to the lows? Will my kit scrape everywhere?

Mickus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #2
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Post a pic of your car on lows would help for starters............

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
Mickus
Banned

Oh yeah that might help hey LOL. I'll stick one up tomorrow and take a fresh photo

It sits pretty low for lows, Its on gas and ive got a sub in the boot so it brings the *** down a fair bit.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Heres Micky D's car

Old 10-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #5
John_LS1

looks pretty raised, go the suprelows. when you have the kit on you just have to be more carefull with how you park, thats all.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #6
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Should be OK for clearance, my car has the MMM kit and superlows in it (the front has a lower spring seat tho). Haven't had a problem with the rear scraping, but my front is Ultra low spec and even with the limited time my car was on the road i've managed to scrape the bejesus out of it...

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #7
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

I'm using V8 superlows on the front end of my 6, didnt want the hassle/damage of normal superlows on my EF cozz of my body kit. Sits between normal Lows and normal SL's.
'XA Muscle'

Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #8
EDXR6T

Dump it on customz Uleh!

vote +1 for lower. if you didnt catch what i said.

Last edited by AdzT3-146; 10-01-2007 at 06:58 PM.
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #9
Mickus
Banned

I'll get some more piccies up in an hour or so cause you cant really see the height there cause of the grass.

I'll leave the lows on until black spur and yeah
Old 11-01-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
EA2BA
PM me if you want

My car is running lows and lowered front shocks, I can get away with mostly not scrapping but only by the smallest of margins, I have to idle in and out of my driveway to avoid scrapping, overall though i am happy with the amount of times I dont scrape ... lol

My front tyres sit just at the guard by the way.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post