Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

Default How much? EF/EL XR8 rims

I've get a set of 5 ef/el XR8 rims that I am wanting to sell however I'm not real sure on what price they would fetch, I found one thread indicating 700 but it didn't elaborate on their condition.

4 have center caps, 1 has a bit of gutter rash, all tyres have between 20-30% tread left. I've got pictures but I'm on the family PC which is pretty crap so I cant resize the pictures or upload them to my webspace.

Edit:

Just uploaded two pics to photobucket.

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q188/KommandantFF/?

Any estimates of worth would be greatly appreciated

Old 09-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

They are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. in this day when you can get 18s with new tyres for $1500, an old set of 16s with no rubber to speak of, to me, would be worth around $400 if I really wanted them to give the car that "original" look - but really, around $300 as they are, or around $600 with 70% + tyres on them.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Yeah, Id agree with that. Id say you would get $400, maybe $500 for the set of 5 with pretty much stuffed tyres. Depends on their condition. If theyre really good maybe more.

I sold a set of 4, 3 in excellent cond and 1 with gutter rash & out of round with 30-50% tyres for $200 about 6 months ago. These wheels used to be worth good money a few years ago but the a*** has fallen out of the prices in the last year or so.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #4
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

Yeah thats fine, wasnt expecting big dollars for them, I just didn't want to put a $600 price tag on them and not get any responces, so I might put them on for about 450-500, thanks guys.