Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Default A REQUEST of MMS visitors.

Could someone see if the dark grey XR5 on display has 60/40 split rear seats please (its optioned with the leathertastic recaros, but 4 seater). I know the CL next to it did (non leather, 5 seater though), and I'm kicking myself for not looking in the XR5's rear to see if it did too!

I'm a golfer and need to be sure I can take my clubs about with me! Worst case scenario I lay them down along the rear foot well!

MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

I've got another request....Pics!!!....and lots of em please!
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #3
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

The answer to your question is yes btw. Here is a picture of the same rear seats in an ST3.

Lovely seats....mind you, at 2 grand they would wanna be!
Old 12-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #4
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsest170
The answer to your question is yes btw. Here is a picture of the same rear seats in an ST3.

Lovely seats....mind you, at 2 grand they would wanna be!

They look nice enough to put a baby seat in....
The baby seat would sure have enough Lateral Support hahahaha
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Pics on my camera, will be up tomorrow night I hope. rear is 60/40 split fold. Baby seat mounts on the back of both seats.
Old 13-02-2006, 01:17 AM   #6
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

What's the go with only 4 seatbelts? Or should I say why?
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 01:39 AM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

It's a 4 seater, rear has 2 buckets.
Old 13-02-2006, 02:22 AM   #8
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

As in the picture above? There is still a seat in the middle - I can understand that it would not get used often, but that is different to not having it available.

inserts tongue firmly into cheek/ Maybe it's to make sure they don't have any trouble with the Wheels COTY "no lap belts" requirement lol
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 02:42 AM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
As in the picture above? There is still a seat in the middle - I can understand that it would not get used often, but that is different to not having it available.

inserts tongue firmly into cheek/ Maybe it's to make sure they don't have any trouble with the Wheels COTY "no lap belts" requirement lol
No because there is the option of either bench or bucket rear seat in the UK, we just don't get that choice. All regualr focus including cloth XR5 Turbos have 5 lap sash belts, it's just the unique leather trim with the 2 rear buckets that we get with our leather. I love it. Besides, How often do we all really have 5 people in our Foci?!?!!!
Old 13-02-2006, 03:01 AM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I've had 5 people quite often in the Fiesta... Don't see why i wouldn't have them in the Focus. Was it not yourself that said the Clio is too small for passengers? I thought you didn't have them....

How about going aftermarket leather... like that you get the Cloth seats re-trimmed... meaning you still have 5 seat belts!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #11
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

So gee-wiz 4 seater has 60/40 split? GREAT! I'm to get a loan sorted out today, hold all my calls!
Old 13-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Clio IS too small for passengers, even 2 in the back. Focus will seat 4 in comfort.

All I'm saying is it won't change that many people's lives if it is a 4 seater only because of the kind of people who REQUIRE a 5 seater GENERALLy would buy a larger car anyway.
Old 13-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Clio IS too small for passengers, even 2 in the back. Focus will seat 4 in comfort.

All I'm saying is it won't change that many people's lives if it is a 4 seater only because of the kind of people who REQUIRE a 5 seater GENERALLy would buy a larger car anyway.
No laughing - My parents own a Honda HRV 5 door... has 4 seatbelts... trust me it does become a pain in the ИИИИ. Sure, we have a Honda Odyssey if we have to cart more people.... but sometimes you aren't home when you decide to meet up with people. I think it just would be a hassle..... from experience

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 13-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #14
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Then the bludgers can get their own car. They're lucky enough to be allowed near the XR5 Turbo, let alone in it and LET ALONE being driven somewhere in it... hah!! Some people.
Old 14-02-2006, 02:38 AM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Then the bludgers can get their own car. They're lucky enough to be allowed near the XR5 Turbo, let alone in it and LET ALONE being driven somewhere in it... hah!! Some people.
Matt, with this mentality... it could be the reason you only have 3 friends. Hence the need for only 3 more seats.... :nutsycuck

Old 15-02-2006, 12:15 AM   #16
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Matt, with this mentality... it could be the reason you only have 3 friends. Hence the need for only 3 more seats.... :nutsycuck
So I guess you don't want to see these pics then...
Old 15-02-2006, 12:21 AM   #17
zetec
Zoom Zoom

See that seat in the middle? That's yours Teki... :

Old 15-02-2006, 12:35 AM   #18
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Old 15-02-2006, 12:35 AM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

hmmmmmmmmm.... thought the bolsters would be bigger! (leather looks smaller.... could just be the pictures!)

And matt.... i think those that get a ride in the boot are priveliged... so, the middle bench is fine for me!

And... hhhahahahha it has an ST badge on the engine! Bring on the XR5T debadging!

Old 15-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #20
zetec
Zoom Zoom

: : :
Old 15-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #21
KJGH
G6E Driver

I thought the bolsters were smaller when I was standing next to it but when I sat in it, I was surprised. The leather ones hug right around my body but I am a thin type person though. I had a rest in the darkish car shown. Very nice indeed.
Old 15-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #22
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

Default oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO

car just keeps getting hornier.... look forward to seeing it today :thumbup:
Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #23
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I wonder if I could buy those front seats and install them on my Focus. It looks comfy.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #24
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Great work Matt. Mate, the sea grey XR5 is awesome. I was strongly considering that colour before deciding on panther black - after seeing these pics, I'm not so sure that I got it right!

It looks like the grey one has different headlights to the orange? It's hard to describe, and it could just be the photo I suppose, but the larger of the two lamps on the orange one, appear to have an 'inner ring' and 'outer ring', but the headlights on the grey car appear to lack this - is there different options on the XR5 headlights?

Do you have any more exterior shots of the grey car, from different angles? Would love to see some more!
Old 15-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #25
zetec
Zoom Zoom

The orange car is UK spec, it has reverse sensors and HID Xenon headlights, both of which are not available on Aussie spec vehicles unfortunately. The orange one is the show car only. Grey one is Aussie spec. Sorry, no HID lights!
Old 15-02-2006, 10:57 PM   #26
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

The only disappointment I had was the dash. I love the pop up dials, but the entire dash seemed to me to be very severe, hard and "plastic". Did others have the same view or is it just me?
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #27
zetec
Zoom Zoom

No just you Steve, you're weird...

Honestly I love it, I would prefer if it was the same soft feel stuff that Fiesta gets and I find the door trims a little too hard plastic, but overall it feel VERY classy.
Old 16-02-2006, 01:12 AM   #28
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

strangely as it seems... i was a little disappointed with the 18" rims... they look spectacular in all pictures i've seen but didn't pop in real life... can't wait to test drive one though!

The interior could have been better but for the price etc, i think it was suitable... i was just happy that i could fit in the car... (being 6'5 and 110kgs ) as it would have severely wrecked my idea of getting one had i NOT fit in it heh..
Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #29
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
The orange car is UK spec, it has reverse sensors and HID Xenon headlights, both of which are not available on Aussie spec vehicles unfortunately. The orange one is the show car only. Grey one is Aussie spec. Sorry, no HID lights!
mmmmmmmmmm I think I see the first mod coming for the new Focus.

HID from the UK
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #30
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
mmmmmmmmmm I think I see the first mod coming for the new Focus.

HID from the UK
I was thinking the same thing, but are they legal here if they arent factory equipment?

Besides, my first mod will be the silver Territory Turbo 'turbo' badges instead of the red ones.