Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
kcbworth

Default Feb 06 Shipment

I've heard from a few dealers that a shipment is expected from South Africa sometime in Feb (which will include my Dawn Blue LX). Does anyone have any ideas when this is expected to arrive? Been waiting a few weeks now and the dealer hasn't been able to provide me with any kind of indication of when it will arrive...

kcbworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Haha I was gonna get a Dawn Blue LX (manual). We could have potentially been competing for the same car. :P I decided to get white.

I've also been told by my dealer that shipment is expected at the end of Feb. One Dawn Blue LX (Manual) was due to be made in mid Feb and be here in late Feb/early March.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #3
kcbworth

Haha, we got an auto so luckily we wouldnt have been competing . the dealer assures me that they have a car on the shipment for us, so if its end of feb, then so be it.

I'll tell you what tho, its a weird feeling making the decision to go outlay all this money on a car, then going home, and nothing having changed, especially when its a number of weeks until the car arrives. Kind of feels like it never happened...
Old 08-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Mate, I know what you mean. My car was smashed just before Xmas last year (see my sig) and this new Focus is the replacement. Since New Years, I've been riding to work through the city in Sydney traffic. My social life has suffered too since I cant really get anywhere that isnt within a 5km radius of home unless I want to pay HUGE taxi fares.

If the car is late, I'm gonna be really annoyed.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 09-02-2006, 01:53 AM   #5
Forest Bear

In away I hope everyone in Victoria wait longer to get their cars. I'm quite enjoying the exclusitivity of driving the only silver Zetec in these parts.

"Yes. Look at my car! You've never seen anything like it before have you?" :-) heheh

I've spotted less than 10 LS focus'. I got mine 14th October. Order in early late july. It ace!

http://milkthesystem.gallery.netspace.net.au/
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #6
Eddie Van Halen
It's 5150 Time !

My dealer just called me to tell me that my Zetec is due at their dealership today !
Eddie Van Halen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #7
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I just got word... the ship comes in next week with all our nice cars So... add a couple of days for transit, another couple of days for detailing and we have the end of the month.

Old 15-02-2006, 09:58 PM   #8
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

For anyone that will want to get a Focus in the future. When it seems that the Focus is being highly advertised in this country than large amounts will be available in this country. I believe this will happen when the XR5 is released.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #9
kcbworth

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I just got word... the ship comes in next week with all our nice cars So... add a couple of days for transit, another couple of days for detailing and we have the end of the month.
Excellent news! Wonder how long they'll take to make their way up to brissie. Starting to get excited
Old 16-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #10
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

You and me both! I'm riding to work on my MTB so you can only imagine what joy I'll get when I'm finally in my Focus.