Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default mmm.....focus sandwich..........not

I am rather shall we say "ticked off" (save the swear filter) at the moment.

This arvo my Focus got hit up the ИИИИ by an XF ute, and subsequently pushed into the rear of a Camry. Im not at fault thank god, I was just a passenger.

My car has copped obviously the most damage as it was in the middle, the damage count is the bonnet, front bar, front quarter, and the rear bar is broken in 3 places. Rear hatch door also needs to be replaced, lock on it is stuffed and dented in 3 spots.

And the best bit: the at fault driver has no insurance, and the passenger of the car who hit me (who is apparently the owner of it) did a runner at the scene. Tried to hunt him down myself but decided it was better to let Plod do the running around in 38deg heat.
Amazingly though, the Focus came out pretty well considering the hit it took. Airbag didnt deploy (good), the XF ute front end is totally stuffed, but the Focus is still drivable (needs a wheel alignment though) and I am honestly surprised it didnt end up a lot worse than it did. Got to love German quality.

So the outcome now is that my car will be repaired at no cost to me, no increase in my premium either, which is great. Can't fault GIO, they've been great about it all.
Oh, bodykit might be on the cards now too, I figure if he's got no insurance I may as well burn him as much as possible and get the car looking good too! :.

So it does have its positives, stone chips wont be there anymore and some nice shiny new paint, but probably not the best or easiest way to go about it. Ah well.

I'll try and take some pics of the damage tomorrow, its too dark to see now.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Damn. If they touched my exhaust I'll kill them. Blood sweat and tears into that thing!!!!!

You need to fix those stone chips though... hope it works out.

Bloody Camry drivers.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Damn. If they touched my exhaust I'll kill them. Blood sweat and tears into that thing!!!!!

You need to fix those stone chips though... hope it works out.

Bloody Camry drivers.
Mate you would not believe it but the exhaust didnt move an inch. If anything, it damaged his car more! Glad we took so much time to get it right.

And actually the Camry driver wasnt at fault, she was at the front of the queue, she works in the insurance industry too, and was very good about it all.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #4
MAD
Petro-sexual

Check your exhaust properly from underneath, I got a light tap in the rear once and it looked like no damage but where the exhaust goes over the diff was kinked and almost totally blocked.

Give it a good check.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Will do, thanks for the tip. Im going over the car fully tomorrow with the assessor, so we'll find anything and go from there.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #6
MAD
Petro-sexual

No worries, I hope it all goes well for you.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Dodgy Bros Exhausts are built to Last (TM)
Old 01-02-2006, 11:51 PM   #8
BA Bakes
It's Cat huntin season...

Ouch Dude. Thats gotta suck.
Free respray tho

XRB055 - Black BA MkII XR8 Ute.
6 Speed manual, Leather seats, hard lid.
To do list - Cat back exhaust, new wheels, new shock and front sway bar, and whatever else seems like a good idea

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
160 rear wheel killer wasps - Pacemakers - 3" HiFlo Cat - 2.5 Redback exhaust - 18" Speedy Graphite Rims - Dumped on King Superlows - Standard ICC with iPod cradle, 5x7" Boston Acoustics, 12 Alpine sub powered by 4 channel Alpine amp
[/SIZE]
BA Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #9
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate GIO, I hit a dog and need a new bumper and the owner was claiming the dog is on a lead and now they wan't me to pay for my excess. GIO can die for all I care
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:59 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

I guess every company has their good and bad points but so far I cannot fault them.

Waiting on a price for the ford bodykit, just a nice subtle one, and if i can afford it and get away with adding the painting to the bill, I'll fit it. I figure this can be a nice expensive way of teaching idiiots to fork out the $150 or so for 3rd party insurance.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:25 AM   #11
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

holy ИИИИ man, that aint good, wat a toss. so the police did catch the guy who hit u?

Hahah yeh man hit they guy for everything dude, ensure ur car is better than it was originally.

Hope it gets fixed before the 12th man
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #12
bjr22n_
XR5TBO

Are you alright?
Hope it will be fixed by the 12th.

Did you see me last nite? i had bright blue lights on.

anyways, hit em up for every $ he has, expecially cause he done a runner on you and wasn't man enough to admit he was at fault.

I hope all will the okay

DJR Team mate #14
bjr22n_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:55 AM   #13
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went to go to work for a meeting and a see a focus sandwich then a big "Rev-Arena" sticker on the back of the focus and was like "Oh crap.. Thats Austins.. bugga!". Yeah the focus isnt so pretty now.. From a distance it didnt look to bad but up close you can see its taken a decent whack. But i am still confused austin how that massive dint in the front quatre got there ?? :

Well i hope that its all good by the 12th if not you can drive my car cos chances are knowing my luck i will ge the letter before then lol.
ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 01:56 PM   #14
hambo_12

Aust, real sorry to hear that, you must be fuming! Good to see that you are making the best out of bad situation though...

How about you, any damage to yourself??
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 02:09 PM   #15
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Chance to get the body mouldings colour coded Austin??

Hope you are OK mate.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #16
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Dodgy Bros Exhausts are built to Last (TM)
LOL :voldar02:

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 07:58 PM   #17
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not to mention those MP3 rims. :

Austin that's bad news. I hope she gets sorted and is fixed better than new. Glad to hear you are ok as well.

Get some pics up too.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 07:59 PM   #18
b2tf
not here much anymore

Well, got the car assessed today. Approx $5k of damage from what they were saying, although I dont think that is correct because there isnt THAT much. I guess the cost of parts determines it in the end.

Im going to go ahead and fit the Ford factory bodykit while it is being repaired, so the mouldings wont be colour coded, but the kit will be in on when I get the car back. Bit of a bonus I guess.

I'm told the insurance company managed to track down the guy who did the runner, although they didnt say anything about whether he was insured or not - not really something they can tell me. I dont mind not knowing, either way my car is going to be fixed without costing me a cent, the only thing I have to put up with is being without it for a week.

I'll probably put it in for repair the week after next, just need to organise getting the kit up here from VIC, and then it's ready to go. And yes there will be pics of the finished product.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:11 PM   #19
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats about PICS of the car as it is now.

Glad to hear it's all go.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:19 PM   #20
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Whats about PICS of the car as it is now.

Glad to hear it's all go.
I'll go take some now, and you will be surprised at how small the damage is.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #21
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The focus for a small car is constructed well. Must be it's european styling.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #22
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
so the mouldings wont be colour coded, but the kit will be in on when I get the car back
I just thought that while they've mixed the colour and got the spray gun out and oven fired up, you could do maybe do a deal...........that's if you wanted colour coding...not everyone does
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #23
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
I just thought that while they've mixed the colour and got the spray gun out and oven fired up, you could do maybe do a deal...........that's if you wanted colour coding...not everyone does
yeah, its very possible but they do have to cover their costs. so im happy to settle for getting the bodykit put on and painted for free. i'll get the moulds colour coded in the future,it is definately something i want to do.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:56 AM   #24
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ouch. Sorry to hear that b2tf, hope your all good and safe (: Agreed on the "I am honestly surprised it didnt end up a lot worse than it did. Got to love German quality." I've copped damage on both ends and both didn't look that bad (:
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #25
Danny
GT4.

So, Aust; Any Pics??
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #26
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What can I say GIO have proved themself. Getting my car fixed on Monday and not paying a cent for something that wasn't my fault. Hopefully my premium won't go up at all. It shouldn't
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #27
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
What can I say GIO have proved themself. Getting my car fixed on Monday and not paying a cent for something that wasn't my fault. Hopefully my premium won't go up at all. It shouldn't
No but everyone else's will!!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:29 PM   #28
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
It shouldn affect you one bit. My premium and excess arent affected by my "incident" at all.

Car goes in Friday to start the work. Thanks heaps to zetec who has put up with my whinging and ИИИИИing about it, as well as helping secure the bodykit for me. I owe you one mate!