Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

Default Wheres a good sydney cruise for a saturday night?

Gday,

Wondering peoples ideas for a current nice cruise in Sydney on a Saturday night?

Got a new tune on the car during the week so want to take it out, but found only trouble last night.
I went to La Perouse which was getting hammered by NSWPOL boys defecting/checking (and quite rightly in some cases!) car heading there.

Not looking for that sort of hassles - so where do the falcon boys suggest?

Harrys in the city? Liverpool way? Northern beaches?

bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

where bouts are you?
you could head out to wisemans ferry via old northern road. could take the river road past penrith (think thats the name) could cruise down to lithgow, get dinner and come back.

go out towards the mountains...

those are places if you wanna have a fun drive

if you are after a "omg check out my car sexcyyyyyyy" cruise, you wouldnt have to get off george street really
Old 12-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
where bouts are you?
you could head out to wisemans ferry via old northern road. could take the river road past penrith (think thats the name) could cruise down to lithgow, get dinner and come back.

go out towards the mountains...

those are places if you wanna have a fun drive

if you are after a "omg check out my car sexcyyyyyyy" cruise, you wouldnt have to get off george street really
LOL you reminded me of a sticker i saw on a car today, fullsickbro.com, LOL

what about doing a full loop of the motor ways lol i did that once, i was very bored

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
EF Futura 07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
bdave351

Haha Sgt Bourne, when I want to have a "oooomg check out my sexy car" moment I slip on the bikini and wash the XR in slow motion while watching myself in the mirror!

Based on the other thread, a few B-series going to Liverpool Krispies tonight so that sounds about right for me and restoring my sugar level (to stop me doing the Jessica Simpon impersonation again)
Old 12-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

you could always drive into my wonderful area (mt druitt). just make sure your car is insured, your doors are locked and there are plenty of spare rounds with the shotty behind your seat.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
JC260

Quote:
Originally Posted by X000BOSS
you could always drive into my wonderful area (mt druitt). just make sure your car is insured, your doors are locked and there are plenty of spare rounds with the shotty behind your seat.

thats gold... don't forget kingswood and penriff...

THE LAST-BA XR8|BLUEPRINT|5 SPEED|19"ROH VAPOUR'S|BPR CAI|KINGS SL & SSL|DBA SLOTTED|DJR BOBTAIL|LEATHER|

THE NEW-FAMILY SPEC ZD ESCAPE...
JC260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Yeah I would say take the Old Northern Road through Maroota and Wisemans Ferry etc. Good pub in Wisemans though I think the Bandidos or Komancheros or one of em hang out their.

Just make sure your brakes work my Grandma crashed a Valiant off the cliff in the twistys from Maroota to Wisemans.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #8
Conrad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by X000BOSS
Do you live in Glebe too????? I live near the 7 11.

I wouldn't mind a cruise tonight. I have an XE spack with mods (no rice)
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #9
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdave351
Haha Sgt Bourne, when I want to have a "oooomg check out my sexy car" moment I slip on the bikini and wash the XR in slow motion while watching myself in the mirror!

Based on the other thread, a few B-series going to Liverpool Krispies tonight so that sounds about right for me and restoring my sugar level (to stop me doing the Jessica Simpon impersonation again)
touche sir, touche.

just depends what kind of cruise you want. meeting up with some of the guys then yeah liverpool is good if a group is going out, but as far as the actual drive goes, it's not that great.
Old 14-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #10
Casablanca
carburettor

this thread needs to be in the NSW cruise/events section
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
bdave351

We I must say Liverpool Harrys was a very good spot to go to, saw a whole bunch of very nice/modified cars and not to much hassle.

But as said above its not much of a cruise getting there when you take the M5 coming from south east.

Will try Heathcote rd next time for a bit more fun.
Old 14-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #12
BlackLS
yum

Check out Livo Krispys to see some nice rides, then follow the precession up the Hume to Parra Road which turns into Broadway, keep left and you'll end up in George St, there can be some nice cars spied but most are imports.

If you want a more challenging/less poser drive meet at Heathcote Maccas, and either go north and enter the Royal National Park at Loftus or go south and enter at Waterfall. I prefer going south. Follow the road, there are 3 very tight right-handers and after the little township of Otford there is a tight left. Every week there are new skid marks and bent armco. Stop at Bald Hill and take in the lights of Wollongong. Keep following the down past Stanwell Park, over Sea-Cliff Bridge and follow the road all the way into Wollongong, after getting some takeaway, stop around the lighthouse.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post