Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-07-2021, 10:21 AM   #1
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
This is one sort of obstacle faced in reducing contact events.
Trolley bay at an Aldi I frequent. There are no QR code sheets anywhere near the trolleys, you have to either enter the vestibule or stand immediately at the sliding doors - making it impossible to maintain the recommendation of 1,5m spacing from others.

I raised this with the staff - total lack of interest. Notwithstanding the fact that this entire store has already been shut down and deep cleaned three weeks ago when a staff member worked two full shifts while infectious. Irrespective of my own views on the situation I intend to keep following the spirit of the rules and it’s a bit grating when you’re effectively forced into a compromise.
YES!!! My Aldi has more QR codes at the checkout right above where the conveyor ends stating 'scan before entering'...

Also, what's the fascination with getting everything laminated or put in a plastic sleeve?? Several places have surrounding lighting just at the right angle so that you need to try multiple angles and several goes to get a scan because of the reflection.

I went to a kebab shop to grab lunch and the code paper was in a plastic sleeve with a single tack in the top centre. Gravity bowed the sleeve open and it was one of those rough textured translucent ones that did not allow the code to be read.

When I reached up to pull the paper out to scan the owner jumped up and assumed I was removing it for malicious intent. When I explained the situation he said I was the first person to try and scan since it was put up.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 08:45 AM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

What are people thought on how Sydney is tracking with their measures and when they will get out? I’m thinking that unless things change it will be November … or maybe never.

No looking positive. Hope they find a circuit breaker. And I hope for the rest of Australia they don’t give up.
Old 25-07-2021, 09:11 AM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I think the NSW Government will revise their goals radically and stare down the other states. It will be mid to later September. Either that or there is an increasing double standard of exemptions to the rules, for this that and the other.

Look at the simple example I just posted, where even if you’re “doing the right thing” risk of transmission is elevated. Also the sheer number of buildings with common areas that are impractical (by cost and size) to keep to the nominated standards.

I believe the main thing people are doing that’s unhelpful is convenience shopping. If that is to be tackled it will raise a lot of ire. Food and drink outlets would be delivery only, supermarket hours and days heavily tweaked. Service stations would be back to petrol (and the odd bottle of oil or coolant) only.

The Government is perilously close (IMO) to slipping into a mindset of blaming people for catching coronavirus.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 10:49 AM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
What are people thought on how Sydney is tracking with their measures and when they will get out? I’m thinking that unless things change it will be November … or maybe never.

No looking positive. Hope they find a circuit breaker. And I hope for the rest of Australia they don’t give up.
My personal opinion is that our government has stuffed up big time and they now realise they have stuffed up but are happy to save face rather than concede defeat at the detriment of the population.

I know ScoMo apologised recently and that was great of him but Gladys has a lot to answer for and I'm wondering if she has security staff posted out the front of her residence 24/7 - probably.

Decisions made at the drop of a hat then re-jigged a few days later after the media out the blatant contradictions and deficiencies.

Too little, too late. Not enough vaccinations to go around, AZ good for over 50's, then bad, then good for most, then bad, then good only if you see a Dr, then.. well you get the drift.

No incentives for vaccination, creating an 'us and them' mentality both between our overlords and the population, then amongst the population itself.

I have friends over 40 that really, really want to get the vaccination and they must wait months. Even if supply greatly improved we don't have the staff to administer the jabs.

It's not like they didn't see this coming? We had several months to prepare for this yet the goal of a totally unobtainable zero covid cases was our priority to show the world that we had this covered better than most at the start and we will show the world we can finish the job in the same way.

Look how that has turned out.

It's a catch 22 situation. We are screwed if we stay home and do nothing but accept our fate, we go out and protest we are further screwed.

4 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 05:09 PM   #5
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
My personal opinion is that our government has stuffed up big time and they now realise they have stuffed up but are happy to save face rather than concede defeat at the detriment of the population.

I know ScoMo apologised recently and that was great of him but Gladys has a lot to answer for and I'm wondering if she has security staff posted out the front of her residence 24/7 - probably.

Decisions made at the drop of a hat then re-jigged a few days later after the media out the blatant contradictions and deficiencies.

Too little, too late. Not enough vaccinations to go around, AZ good for over 50's, then bad, then good for most, then bad, then good only if you see a Dr, then.. well you get the drift.

No incentives for vaccination, creating an 'us and them' mentality both between our overlords and the population, then amongst the population itself.

I have friends over 40 that really, really want to get the vaccination and they must wait months. Even if supply greatly improved we don't have the staff to administer the jabs.

It's not like they didn't see this coming? We had several months to prepare for this yet the goal of a totally unobtainable zero covid cases was our priority to show the world that we had this covered better than most at the start and we will show the world we can finish the job in the same way.

Look how that has turned out.

It's a catch 22 situation. We are screwed if we stay home and do nothing but accept our fate, we go out and protest we are further screwed.

Hey Festiva, whatever the strategy they are going with, it needs to give you guys hope. There seems to be a lot of pain for those LGAs at the moment, for little gain. How long can they continue to imprison those LGAs for, whilst allowing others around the corner to prance around unlimited? Vic went down that road early in wave 2 and it failed.

Does anyone know what percentage of vaccination we would be at IF we had manage to stick to the original roll out? All this outrage over the vaccine roll out, I doubt we would have been sufficiently vaxxed to avoid lock downs in July anyway.

And you gotta question the logic of the Melbourne protestors, waiting until the eve of restrictions easing to run a protest.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 09:58 AM   #6
Pis-ton broke
Banned

i understand that the germ can live on a surface for many hours,
and that surface transmission is no.2 on the transmission list. how is it that govco are only banging on about face masks but not surface transmission. in CB,s previous audi shops picture, there are lots of trolleys, how do you know if a trolley that you pick , is safe.
i just think this side of personal transmission isn,t covered at all , and that an effort should be made to tell people.
This user likes this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 11:34 AM   #7
Trendseeker

Chopper is dead, and Anthony is not like that.

But you wouldn’t want to confront this gym owner if he wasn’t wearing a mask. Watch the vid about 45 seconds in.

https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-a...4-296728fc0cdb
Old 25-07-2021, 01:35 PM   #8
yakcam
I drank what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendseeker View Post
Chopper is dead, and Anthony is not like that.

But you wouldn’t want to confront this gym owner if he wasn’t wearing a mask. Watch the vid about 45 seconds in.

https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-a...4-296728fc0cdb
Perfect example of 'roid rage.
Old 25-07-2021, 12:28 PM   #9
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 24th 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

171 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 2.796%.

No new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.917%.

The UK had a lower 31,285 cases yesterday and higher 86 deaths for a CMR of 2.278%.

A lower 36,733 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 149 deaths sees CMR at 1.781%. There was a revision in their overall totals of -
137,262 cases after previously suspect cases in Puerto Rico were removed.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 189M, the last 1M in 2 days;
North America had >100k cases for the first time since mid April;
South America passes 35M cases;

Laos (278);
Kazakhstan
(6,521);
Vietnam (9,256); and
Malaysia (15,902)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Angola moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 25-07-2021 at 12:42 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 06:56 PM   #10
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is some video footage of the horse getting punched, hmm the vid paints a bit of a different picture to the still shot, more like a little nudge really, but I guess someone nabbed a still shot of it right when his arm was fully extended.

https://twitter.com/PoliBard/status/1418912048872894478

Horse is prob more sore from the officer being on its back half the day, but the NSW police made a post on social media with a pic of the horse and saying it was 'recovering'
2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 07:21 PM   #11
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumen8 View Post
Here is some video footage of the horse getting punched, hmm the vid paints a bit of a different picture to the still shot, more like a little nudge really, but I guess someone nabbed a still shot of it right when his arm was fully extended.

Horse is prob more sore from the officer being on its back half the day, but the NSW police made a post on social media with a pic of the horse and saying it was 'recovering'
Yeah the media, police and Dan Andrews are making me cringe with this. After seeing the photo, I was expecting to see something like the scene in Blazing Saddles. This idiot only pushed the side of the horses jaw with a clenched hand.

Charging him with something that is clearly going to be dropped will just add fire to the conspiracy theorists.

Old 25-07-2021, 08:15 PM   #12
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
This idiot only pushed the side of the horses jaw with a clenched hand.
Just to provide a little more info, that spot right there isn't the jaw. There's a tiny bony projection at the end of the skull called the vomer which it extends the length of the nose. The nostrils are largely cartilage and there are a lot of nerves running through that area. Even smacking a horse there is pretty offensive to the horse, so to speak.

Old 25-07-2021, 08:29 PM   #13
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Just to provide a little more info, that spot right there isn't the jaw. There's a tiny bony projection at the end of the skull called the vomer which it extends the length of the nose. The nostrils are largely cartilage and there are a lot of nerves running through that area. Even smacking a horse there is pretty offensive to the horse, so to speak.
But it is not even anything like a smack. It was a push with the forearm as the officer got the horse to go towards him, he was actually just standing his ground. The push to the vomer as you say was just as forceful as the one he does with the horses rear a few seconds earlier as the horse spun backwards towards him.

There is absolutely nothing in this. Apart from the fact that the guy is an idiot for being there.

Leave the charges with what is real. Not wearing a mask, not one of the 5 reasons, whatever is real. Just don't tell me that he punched the horse and it is recovering somewhere.

2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 08:44 PM   #14
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The fend off is child's play compared to these scenes....40 seconds in, what a disgrace.

Heard on channel 7 that NSW crime stoppers have received 5000 calls from the public with tip offs on who attended the protest.

Journos this afternoon was egging Dandrews to take stiff actions against the protesters, but he didn't seem interested?! Very different to last year.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Last edited by T3rminator; 25-07-2021 at 08:49 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 07:32 PM   #15
prydey
Rob

Quote:

I accept i was sucked in by the still photo and article however there is still no need to make contact.
Old 25-07-2021, 08:34 PM   #16
Metdevil

Quote:

I mean, the dude still stood there expecting to take on a horse instead of, you know, moving away...

So he didn't punch it, but what kind of psycho stands his ground against a horse?
2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 08:42 PM   #17
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Probably been watching reruns of Blazing zing Saddles - Mongo style
Old 25-07-2021, 07:00 PM   #18
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Next time they should let the dogs go
Old 25-07-2021, 07:54 PM   #19
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Petrol prices just jumped 30c in melb. A prime signal that lock down will end Tuesday.

But always dangerous to go the early crow.

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 10:20 PM   #20
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Horse got punched in the **** first by him, then it spun around.
Did anyone notice he was wearing knuckle dusters too?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 25-07-2021, 10:35 PM   #21
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Beta males wear the mask.
You spelt better incorrectly.

Old 25-07-2021, 10:33 PM   #22
nstg8a

See the video of avi’s security being arrested?

Anyone that condones this sort of behaviour has rocks in their head.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2021, 11:13 PM   #23
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah water cannons would be much more effective.

Or maybe even an electromagnetic beam device.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YvlaytcltDk
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 25-07-2021, 11:26 PM   #24
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Yeah water cannons would be much more effective.

Or maybe even an electromagnetic beam device.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YvlaytcltDk
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational...eapons/7419408

Rides (past and present)

Old 25-07-2021, 11:33 PM   #25
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

OK everyone.

This thread is about COVID and not about how authorities deal, or don't deal with protests etc.

Also, let's leave giving out legal advice to the professionals.

Any further posts that are off topic will be deleted.
Old 26-07-2021, 10:22 AM   #26
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

A video doing the rounds has a NSW Health official stating that there are currently 141 people in hospital with Covid and 140/141 are fully vaccinated?

Has this video been doctored or is this an accurate statement?
Old 26-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #27
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

The other day I read almost the inverse, of 43 people in (NSW) ICU only one was vaccinated against coronavirus.

Statistics from the state government will hopefully be plentiful today.

Aside from that I note the increasing rate of Bunnings being mentioned as an exposure site.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2021, 11:42 AM   #28
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
The other day I read almost the inverse, of 43 people in (NSW) ICU only one was vaccinated against coronavirus.

Statistics from the state government will hopefully be plentiful today.

Aside from that I note the increasing rate of Bunnings being mentioned as an exposure site.
The original statement was the opposite. Old chap got his figures wrong and of course the anti vaxers ran with it.

He originally said 42 out of 43 in ICU were vaccinated. Then corrected it after being questioned by a journalist.

Old 26-07-2021, 10:28 AM   #29
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
A video doing the rounds has a NSW Health official stating that there are currently 141 people in hospital with Covid and 140/141 are fully vaccinated?

Has this video been doctored or is this an accurate statement?
Link to the Vid?
Old 26-07-2021, 10:40 AM   #30
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Link to the Vid?
Here is the video, what he says is not right - I don't know what he was thinking

Last edited by Trevor 57; 26-07-2021 at 10:49 AM.
Closed Thread