Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-10-2005, 03:40 PM   #1
guym

Default seats in the new focus

Went to look at a new focus in a car yard on the weekend and was looking at the LX and Zetec and the seats looked the same. Anyone know if this is correct or should the Zetec get better seats than LX and CL cars. Also noticed that the seats didn't have as much side support as the previous model Zetec.

When in New Zealand saw in a car yard a black Zetec with body kit and nice set of wheels.......hot.

guym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
Forest Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guym
Went to look at a new focus in a car yard on the weekend and was looking at the LX and Zetec and the seats looked the same. Anyone know if this is correct or should the Zetec get better seats than LX and CL cars.
Yep seats are the same. Bit of a shame.

I'm interested in getting seat covers that don't interfere with the side air bag deployment. Anyone know of any tasteful solutions? Brands, Ebay number etc...?

I saw these wet-suite material seat covers on a Ford Territory display car. They are really spunky, restrained and don't look too stupid. They were black but had orange stitching and embroidery. Ford should make them for the Focus.

BTW some news at last. I get my car next week! Silver Zetec auto hatch.

Last edited by fordel; 05-10-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Seats are the same, but I've driven thousands of k's in them (including Melb-Syd return) and they're both supremely supportive and very comfortable.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:55 PM   #4
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Forest Bear, you can't put seat covers on cars with side airbags, you can with the Territory because it has side curtian airbags. They deploy from the A-piller, while the side airbags deploy from the seats itself
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 11:58 PM   #5
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Could you cut the seat cover and put in velcro. Had a look on our mazda and where the side airbag is it has a zipper that it breaks when it deploys. Could do something to copy this set up.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:21 AM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Just leave a hole perhaps?
Old 08-10-2005, 05:02 PM   #7
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Talking about seats. I have a RECARO sitting here doing nothing and would like to put in my LR LX Foci. Have been told that the seatbelt pretensioners etc etc are part of the seatbase and as such, the RECARO can't be fitted.

Has anyone had any experience with fitting an aftermarket drivers seat??
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post