Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-09-2005, 01:18 PM   #1
Forest Bear

Default Disturbing news from South Africa...

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/...rdscenes.shtml

It's dated 5/31/02. Still hoping the practice has been stamped out by now.

Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 01:39 PM   #2
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Bear
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/...rdscenes.shtml

It's dated 5/31/02. Still hoping the practice has been stamped out by now.

Hmmm, this may explain the quality problems some people are having with their Sth African Focii?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
a Ford official explained that some employees did smoke marijuana while on the job. Furthermore, the official explained, the practice was not unusual at the plant and was tolerated as long as worker safety was not jeopardized.
: worker safety... who gives a toss, what about build quality :

Hmmm the sooner NZ gets the Euro built Focus the better _2:
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Pfft doesnt suprise me...

First and last focus we ever buy, dunno why we did after having a perfect Mazda SP20 that didnt have 1 warranty claim...

Shame on Ford Australia for accepting them the way they are...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 04:51 PM   #5
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

So you guy's don't know anyone that works at Holden in Elizabeth or Ford in Broadmeadows.....

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #6
Forest Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na

First and last focus we ever buy, dunno why we did after having a perfect Mazda SP20 that didnt have 1 warranty claim...

So you're not happy with the Focus?! I must have missed a few posts. What problems have you had with it?

This all bloody fantastic for me. My initital excitement over my purchase has now turned into trepidation. First the pain of waiting. It's over two months now and still no word on delivery time. Then hearing about other owners' problems. Now finding out my Focus is made by a punch of pot heads. I fear finding pieces of snort and phlegm among the body works.

My current 2001 Astra has never looked so good.

Last edited by Forest Bear; 29-09-2005 at 06:09 PM.
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 06:26 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Bear
So you're not happy with the Focus?! I must have missed a few posts. What problems have you had with it?

This all bloody fantastic for me. My initital excitement over my purchase has now turned into trepidation. First the pain of waiting. It's over two months now and still no word on delivery time. Then hearing about other owners' problems. Now finding out my Focus is made by a punch of pot heads. I fear finding pieces of snort and phlegm among the body works.

My current 2001 Astra has never looked so good.
::: Im sorry but your post just had me in stitches imagining these South African engineers picking their noses and looking for inconspicous places to wipe it :::
Old 29-09-2005, 08:05 PM   #8
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Paint and Finish for starters, gotta get the rear bar repainted soon coz the bottom of the boot is rubbing on it. Already had the inside of the passengers door painted, along with some overspray removed that was from factory... They also had to replace the gearshift lever which im still waiting for plus a headlight that had moisture in it...

To top that off it sounds like the back left hand window is down a bit (but its not) and theres a wind noise!

Mazda's **** all over the Focus... Should have kept with what we were happy with!
Old 29-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #9
rider007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na

What probelms are you having specifically.?. do you have the new LS focus ?
rider007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Refer to my last post..

Its a July Build LS FOCUS CL Sedan with ZETEC 17s, Tint and Reverse Sensors...
Old 29-09-2005, 09:33 PM   #11
WASP
Whipple Induced

Well if make any one still waiting feel any better I have a new LS Zetec and it's an absolute pearler (just done 1100 kms) ! There's a minor rattle coming from the little flip up cover under the sound system, but that's my biggest problem so far. It appears to be very well built. As for the paint finish it's hard to comment. It looked a little dull before the paint protection was applied by the dealer, but when delivered the finish was like glass.

Sorry to hear you got an average one Brent.
Old 29-09-2005, 11:20 PM   #12
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh, it takes alot away from the overall car, as they are nice to drive and sit well above the Mazda for driver dynamics, but we didnt purchase it for that reason, I have an XR6 to flog around the mountains, this car was purchased basically as a mum work horse that does 5000 kms a year and spends the rest of the time in the garage, just really dissapointed with the paint as im extremely fussy, anyone whos see my 12 month old Shockwave XR6 can't believe it is a year old as it doesnt have a swirl / blemish anywhere on it.

Anyways once the car gets a bit of age and I get over the little things and hopefully get the wind noise issue sorted then we will be all good, up until then however I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one coz I know ours isn't the only **** poor one floating around.

In saying that however I have also seen new Falcons and Territorys have to be resprayed due to factory finish, one Rapid ute i seen had to be fully resprayed as you could see the metal through the paint, i bet that thing had plenty of rattles considering it was taken back to a bare shell!

Sorry I can't have anything more positive to say at this stage, I guess those of you who are waiting will just have to see how you go, but i do urge people to SPEND a fair amount of time going over their new car before they take delivery, even if you go visit it in the days leading up to delivery to make sure everything seems ok, as dealers certainly are NOT fussy when they are pumping 15 odd new cars out a day, usually in a poor lit old tin shed down the back corner of the dealership! _
Old 01-10-2005, 08:52 PM   #13
kirkr99
5 Door 2.0L Zetec

Talking

I work with a guy who was a production manager with Toyota in South Africa.
He told me the shopfloor guys there were constantly out of it every morning, lunch and dinner break.
It hasn't caused Toyota's reputation for quality any problems so I wouldn't worry about it too much
kirkr99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 08:57 PM   #14
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Maybe we should just get Machines to do it all.....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post