Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-09-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
rider007

Default So who has been waiting the longest ?

I'm very close to ordering a Focus Zetec soon and I was wondering what realistic length of time I will have to wait. Are certain colour combinations more popular than others ?, and are Automatics rarer to aquire than manual ?.

rider007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

In all honesty it's best to see what the Dealer has coming. Generally Titanium Grey is pretty popular, but an idividual dealer differs from his neighbour. Just ask them what they have, that should help you a lot. No idea otherwise what's harder to get auto or manual, the Dealer should know that.

Please understand it's not their job to lead you astray, string you along for 4 months and then send your car to someone else. They'll do the best they can to provide a car as quickly as possible.
Old 29-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #3
Forest Bear

Signed the dotted line on July 19th. Silver Zetec auto.

After hassling and harassing the dealer and demanding to see the order list last week, I was given a so-n-so that it would be around early October. I supposedly get preferential treatment because I work for a company affiliated with Ford. What a crock. I'd like to see exactly how preferential I've been treated. I'm still not holding my breath. I reckon you'll wait ages for a pop model.

Does anybody know whether dealers get their quota delivered monthly?
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Most dealers now have a few in stock, usually one of each model, if your lucky they might have a Zetec that suits your requirements.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
Inyang
Starter Motor

Signed the contract of sale for a dawn blue auto LX hatch Focus on 15th of July and was told that I'll be getting the car end of Aug. Called the dealer two weeks ago and was given a not so good reply of .... "just be patience as they too don't know the ETA of my order".
Inyang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #6
WASP
Whipple Induced

2 months on average is the wait in SA. Lucky I got mine when I did really. Funny enough dispite the wait dealers here are selling demo models already.

Blueprint LS Zetec $28k

Red LS Zetec $30k

Black LS CL $22k
Old 30-09-2005, 12:22 AM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Bear

Does anybody know whether dealers get their quota delivered monthly?
If you mean do they only get deliveries once a month all at once, the answer depends on when the vessels arrive. Sometimes one, sometimes 2 vessels arrive in a month, generally they'll arrive within a few days each time but it's by no means fixed to a certain date.

I can't stress enough here that as a salesman we had no need, no desire and no enjoyment in delaying, lying and trying to trick customers. Ask them honest questions and they'll do their best to tell you honest answers to the full extent of their available info. We didn't always know when a vehicle would arrive to the day so for heaven's sake don't demand by threat of litigation that you simply MUST know what day the vehicle will arrive in 3 months time. If you don't then they won't feel forced to lie to tell you a day to keep you happy. It happens unfortunately and it never makes anyone happy. But the old adage goes, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer...

They have no control over the cars until they hit the country and should tell you what they have coming into stock and what arrival month it is planned for to assist you with your choice, it's their preference to offer their own stock units first hence having a wider selection is beneficial to both parties. Then within that arrival month they'll have a ship docking date no more than a month before it actually arrives, usually less than a month simply because it's not known what ship it will board until it actually does and shipping time is around 3 weeks. The country of origin has control over that.

So if you have a December car for example, assume late December and possibly up to early January arrival, that way not only are you prepared for it to arrive late Decmeber, but if it arrives early then you can only be happy. It's very frustrating having to wait, but the Dealer should do their best to tell you. Just remember no answer doesn't me no care or no concern, it probably means no information.
Old 30-09-2005, 07:33 AM   #8
losfp

I waited nine weeks. I had to harrass my dealer quite a bit though, and in the end they managed to swap my non-arriving CL sedan model for an LX hatch. It may help if you are flexible with colours/models, you might be waiting quite a long time for a popular model.
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfp
It may help if you are flexible with colours/models...
BINGO. Got it in one.
Old 30-09-2005, 09:18 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

But, maybe people are being promised dates before signing the dotted line... happened to me. Then told something different 2 days later!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 10:36 PM   #11
Inyang
Starter Motor

Teki04... thats exactly what happened to me. Was told I'll be getting the car within 6 weeks. Even got a courtesy call from the dealer, a week after I signed the contract, informing me that they have placed the order and confirming the end of Aug. delivery date.

Don't mind waiting a little bit longer, what I don't like is the "promised" end of Aug. delv. date by the dealer. Signed the contract without a delv. date because of this "promise". I know I should not have done this.
Inyang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 12:47 AM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

That's unfortunate and it looks like the Dealer at the time probably were 100% confident it would arrive on time. As stated, it's mainly out of their control and unfortunate if it does occur, but they could have perhaps explained the possibility.