Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-07-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

Default I now drive a turbo'd focus. :)

Hi, That kit that I posted for sale a while back is now installed in my 2.0L zetec and running great. I am 19 and really wanted to do it myself, it took me 1 week .

I still haven't put in the 440cc injectors and Pro-M Maf or had it tuned yet. At the moment it idles sweet, a little dip nown and then when dropping back to idle, just needs to be run in a little more i think.

Cannot believe the power I got, im running the T25 TD40 turbo at 7-8 psi, i can here it spooling from 2500rpm and at full boot the torque is enbelievable. Still waiting for my boost gauge to arive. But for now I got to get some new tyres, does anyone have any recomdations. I have the Goodyear Eagle F1's, might get them again or the Toyo proxes T1-S they seem pretty good too.

It is very smooth like I hoped, just drives like normal but with the extra power, it is hard to hang on the the steering wheel hahaha. Soon as it is tuned I will post dyno result on here.

Install was pretty straight foward but got stuck with a few oil leeks, #1 Sump, Fixed with thin gasket and silicone. #2 Turbo oil inlet, SS braided line replaced, $60.00 Fixed.
A bit of playing with the BOV vacuum and spring tension and idle surging/throbing went away. IAt sensor relocated closer to throttle body to read the correct air inlet temperature after the intercooler so I found that the 6 pin MAF has the IAT built in our newer cars, the outside wires get cut and soldered to new IAT sensor which was already mounted in before the throttle body, too easy.

Well I just need to find someone who tunes DiabloSport chips, if anyone has an idea somewhere in brisbane or the nearby coasts that would be good.
I'm just taking her easy getting used to the new power myself!
Craig

2uningFoci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 10:03 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Fantastic, sounds awesome, we've finally broken the covers of enthusiasts turboing their Foci!!!! WE WANT PICS!!!! Please! And if you can get vids then it's even better!!
Old 19-07-2005, 10:34 PM   #3
whippet_zetec
Supes

yes, pics are a must for this thread. sounds awesome and I would love to have my foci turbo'd but will wait for the warranty to run its course first..
Old 19-07-2005, 10:41 PM   #4
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

yep thanks
i will get pics through the next week and show you guys, maybe even a vid if i got some spare time
Old 20-07-2005, 07:13 AM   #5
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

The first thing I thought of when I read your post was: what is controlling your fuel flow?

I am scared that your car is running the standard fuel flow (because you haven't changed the injectors, MAF, and I am not sure about the fuel rail pressure regulator). Increasing airflow without fuel flow = running lean. Running too lean = much engine damage, as in, alot.

While I am excited for you to have the turbo in, and can't wait for a video, get the fuel setup done asap to avoid damage to the engine. Wouldn't want to see your engine burn itself to bits.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2005, 06:07 PM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed! dangerous.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2005, 12:00 AM   #7
king_pin

Very nice. Good to see turbo Focus in Oz.

As said by everyone else, pics pics pics.

Hopefully Resty will not be too far behind you.
king_pin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 08:59 AM   #8
Resty
Amon of Focus

Good stuff mate, I would definately look into tuning asap though.
Resty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Resty how's yours going?
Old 06-09-2005, 05:26 PM   #10
Stampy

nice now show us the pic it's been a month
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2005, 01:26 PM   #11
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

Yeah hey I have been very busy. i've got into some bad luck, but don't let any of it scare you guys off from going turbo or supercharging your focus
Here's the story:

It was going unbelievably great with the 42lb injectors in, cam gears are in but havent been to a dyno yet or had a tune (not good). I beleive i've damaged the exhaust valve seals, it happened when I was giving it some and has started smoking out the exhaust on and off ever since, big puffs of white/grey smoke, compression checked and all of them seem a bit low especially cyl no.2. (not good) took off the valve cover and gave her a turn, there is smoke/exhaust coming into the valve cover only on the exhaust side, it's hard to tell exactly past which one but they must be leaking somewhere(not good) So I took the head off . Valves are mint, not bent, burnt nothing, cylinder walls look mint, no sign of wear what so ever, eliminate rings . Head gasket looked fine and so did the head. So im going to change the valve guide seals, never done that before in my life but there's a first time for everything.

I beleive the cause was most likely my crankcase/valve cover pressure, had them hooked up through a catchcan / pcv valve / intake vacuum. and having running alot more hp than stock untuned. couldn't handle the pressure.

I am going to do everything to get it back up and going , then to find someone who can do a chip tune for me and cam timing. It is a deffinete must when it comes to FI.

I have already got a new head gasket, bolts. Monday I'll get 16x valve seals, spring compressor and do them all. some info or sympathy would be great lol

Will keep updating now, took time off work to fix it. I'll get a few pics too when im putting everything back togeather, and of the head and all

Craig

Resty is yours in???
Old 11-09-2005, 11:01 PM   #12
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

That was always going to be a problem, installing a kit without modifying / tuning your air / fuel mixtures.

Let us know how you go, post pics.

Tim!
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 01:40 PM   #13
Resty
Amon of Focus

Any updates on this? Im getting Dynowog here in Melb to install and tune mine. He is meeting with SCT as they are in Melb at the moment. Once he finds a tuning option for the euro focus ill post details. Im very close, yes the kit is finally ready for shipment, just need to work out the loose ends.

riz
Old 13-09-2005, 02:50 PM   #14
xr8ute
Back on the road

Craig, how did you go with your valve stem seals? Those compression test results sound a bit worrying.

Definitely need to tune these things before running around in them, because there is more to keeping the engine alive than just fuel.

Anyway, hope all is working out OK.

Hmmm...you've got me thinking now. I would love to see how a turbo Zetec Fiesta would turn out ;)

Maybe time for me too sell the ute?

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 03:15 PM   #15
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

I took the head in for a check-up today, if the valves seals are gone, i will be happy to replace them, hoping it is not something else. cylinders 2 + 3 had sign of oil in the exhaust manifold the others were fine.

Let us know what the guys say about tuning, I am considering the SCT pro racer package that alot of the tuners use over in the states, but it's pricey and more difficult to use than it seems i believe.
Old 13-09-2005, 11:18 PM   #16
WASACL
Phat-Euro

2uning how much has the kit set you back so far?

Russ
Old 14-09-2005, 11:30 AM   #17
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
Craig, how did you go with your valve stem seals? Those compression test results sound a bit worrying.

Definitely need to tune these things before running around in them, because there is more to keeping the engine alive than just fuel.

Anyway, hope all is working out OK.

Hmmm...you've got me thinking now. I would love to see how a turbo Zetec Fiesta would turn out ;)

Maybe time for me too sell the ute?
Dooo ittttt!!!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 01:15 PM   #18
Resty
Amon of Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Resty how's yours going?

Mines coming along. Had some confusions about tuning. The SCT package is not compatible with our seimens. Dynowog Nick will have some new software from SCT real soon and may be able to shed some light.

Mystery man Tom (focus-power) is very hard to communicate with but I have worked out that if I send 10 emails I will get 1 reply lol.

He says he will have it out to me shortly.

We have however come to the conclusion that the EMS will work great as it tunes live and has a lot more parameters as opposed to the SCT (so I'm told).

riz